• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Thoraxes

It's about damn time. No way in hell am I gonna repurchase S1 for a dub (don't really care for them anyways, especially with this series).

In for just a good ol' NISA Premium Edition.

W-00

Hi there, O' Experienced Ones!

I'm fairly new to this (started less than three weeks ago), and I was wondering, as a new player (Rank 35 with a limit of 42 LP) is it even remotely realistic to think I'd be able to score enough points to get the SR without using gems? Is it like the previous event where there was a period with increased points later on?

I'm at about 2700 points, so at my current rate I'd need about nine more days, which is longer than the event will last. I've been sticking with normal, because I've only seen one event song where I think I could beat the hard level.

CoinArt

I'm fairly new to this (started less than three weeks ago), and I was wondering, as a new player (Rank 35 with a limit of 42 LP) is it even remotely realistic to think I'd be able to score enough points to get the SR without using gems? Is it like the previous event where there was a period with increased points later on?

I'm at about 2700 points, so at my current rate I'd need about nine more days, which is longer than the event will last. I've been sticking with normal, because I've only seen one event song where I think I could beat the hard level.

Welcome! In general, it's possible to get the SR at just about any level with efficient use of stamina. It's easier if you can do well on harder difficulties, though, and a low stamina cap will make using it efficiently tricky. That said, I think the English version of the game might have shorter events now? That might screw things up; others can perhaps confirm if this is an issue. I can't speak to whether you're on track or not, but if the difference between getting the SR or not is, say, 5 love gems' worth of refilled stamina, it's well worth it when starting out.

Score Match events don't have the 4x points thing that token events do, but those don't are only time-efficient anyways, not stamina-efficient.

Good luck!

Obligatory question: favorite Love Live?
Hint:
uHfPpRf.png

Anony

i was getting the event SRs when i started
just by leveling up and thus refilling ur stamina guage plus near constant playing
but this was somewhat near close to when the game came out, now sure how the reward tiers and other balances diffs

chrono01

I love School Idol Festival, I really do. Hell, I'm Rank 194 with all event SR idolized, aside from Band Eli which I failed to get [real-life issues].

However, if anything makes me quit this game it's the damn note lag which is STILL present, months after it becoming an issue. I just got it two times in the span of six songs, which made playing them more frustrating than enjoyable. You would think by now Klab would have fixed it, but they didn't. From reading Reddit, it seems I'm not the only one either, so it's not something as easy as a simple re-install to correct it. The issue seems to be sever-side, so whatever the problem is, Klab themselves need to do something. :/

Edit: Make that three times.

Anony

I love School Idol Festival, I really do. Hell, I'm Rank 194 with all event SR idolized, aside from Band Eli which I failed to get [real-life issues].

However, if anything makes me quit this game it's the damn note lag which is STILL present, months after it becoming an issue. I just got it two times in the span of six songs, which made playing them more frustrating than enjoyable. You would think by now Klab would have fixed it, but they didn't. From reading Reddit, it seems I'm not the only one either, so it's not something as easy as a simple re-install to correct it. The issue seems to be sever-side, so whatever the problem is, Klab themselves need to do something. :/

Edit: Make that three times.

playing the song doesn't depend on internet

*select and start song* -> communicates with server to adjust stamina and execute song -> *play and finish song* -> communicates with server to upload score and give out prizes

u can try it yourself, just after u select the song and it goes to that loading page where the cover art flashes, u can put ur tablet or phone into airplane mode
when the song ends it will transmission error on u, when u reconnect, it will upload ur score etc

chrono01

playing the song doesn't depend on internet

*select and start song* -> communicates with server to adjust stamina and execute song -> *play and finish song* -> communicates with server to upload score and give out prizes

u can try it yourself, just after u select the song and it goes to that loading page where the cover art flashes, u can put ur tablet or phone into airplane mode
when the song ends it will transmission error on u, when u reconnect, it will upload ur score etc
Interesting, now I'm not sure what causes the lag then. I saw someone post an APK fix for Android on Reddit, but considering I'm on iOS I can't use it, and even if I could, I'd rather not do something that could damage my data or get me banned.

I'll just wait/hope that Klab eventually fixes whatever is wrong.

rin with the luck getting basically two holidays(her birthday, and halloween) thanks to time shenanigans. happy nyaaa-loween everyone.

Did an update fix the input problems the last major update caused? I'm gonna go on it today for the free 5 gems for Rin's b-day.

Edit: It feels a helluva lot better. The game stutters still, but it hasn't caused my to drop inputs that much. Though I think my dropped inputs are just rust.

elhaym

Did an update fix the input problems the last major update caused? I'm gonna go on it today for the free 5 gems for Rin's b-day.

Edit: It feels a helluva lot better. The game stutters still, but it hasn't caused my to drop inputs that much. Though I think my dropped inputs are just rust.

It feels -better- to me, but I think there's still something off. It feels eeeeeeever so slightly lagged vs the JP input.

chrono01

Does anyone know if the hardcover book that comes with the Premium Edition of Season 2 [NIS America] is the same as the one that came with the Premium Edition of Season 1? I already have the latter, so if they're the same, I'll just grab Season 2 here locally and save a bit of money. The image looks the same, which is why I asked.

I might just send them an email about it.

tenton

Does anyone know if the hardcover book that comes with the Premium Edition of Season 2 [NIS America] is the same as the one that came with the Premium Edition of Season 1? I already have the latter, so if they're the same, I'll just grab Season 2 here locally and save a bit of money. The image looks the same, which is why I asked.

I might just send them an email about it.

If it's got the advertised episode guide in there...I can't see how it could be the same, since the episodes would be all different.

I'd go look at my premium set 1, but I don't remember where I put it. :p My Japanese BDs are all next to in a pile in my room, though. :p

CoinArt

hDoY2lh.jpg
JLAKd7S.jpg

I was considering T2ing for the first time ever, but then I noticed that crown. That terrible, terrible crown.

In general, I tend to prefer the cute street clothes and such of unidolized cards to the idol outfits. A strange disincentive to tier. It'd be nice if they let you toggle between the two after you idolized a card.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Whats the point of the Alpaca and other 3 star normal cards, I cant idolize them so I'm assuming they have no side story when you max their bond.

2. What do you do when you are stuck on a song that you can't beat? Every time I got dancing stars on me for the event I failed it every time and didn't improve ever.

Azuran

Banned

1. Whats the point of the Alpaca and other 3 star normal cards, I cant idolize them so I'm assuming they have no side story when you max their bond.

2. What do you do when you are stuck on a song that you can't beat? Every time I got dancing stars on me for the event I failed it every time and didn't improve ever.

1. Feed them for EXP or sell them.

2. You can close the game if you get songs you don't like on Score Matches. You won't lose any LP during that event when you do that.

GoXDS

1. they're technically R and technically already idolized (free album count!) and can't lvl and have no bond (nor can you put them on teams). and more specifically, you want to sell the Alpaca and feed the teachers

2. as mentioned, force close. you have to do it before the song starts. so as long as it's during the waiting room with other players or in the team selection

W-00

Welcome! In general, it's possible to get the SR at just about any level with efficient use of stamina. It's easier if you can do well on harder difficulties, though, and a low stamina cap will make using it efficiently tricky. That said, I think the English version of the game might have shorter events now? That might screw things up; others can perhaps confirm if this is an issue. I can't speak to whether you're on track or not, but if the difference between getting the SR or not is, say, 5 love gems' worth of refilled stamina, it's well worth it when starting out.

Score Match events don't have the 4x points thing that token events do, but those don't are only time-efficient anyways, not stamina-efficient.

Good luck!

Thanks. I came close, but I failed. I expected it to end when the game-day changed, so I thought that I had until ~4 PM (Pacific) (end of the game day) today to finish, and I would have made it if that were the case. Oh well, I'll pay more attention to the end-time next time.

Obligatory question: favorite Love Live?
Hint:
uHfPpRf.png

Based on the hint and your avatar... it's supposed to be the one you most identify with? In that case, Hanayo. Though that's subject to change, as I haven't watched the second season yet.
I haven't finished the first season yet.

2. You can close the game if you get songs you don't like on Score Matches. You won't lose any LP during that event when you do that.

flippingtable.gif

This... would have been so damn useful.

So was Maki playing black and she didn't bother to point out that she'd won until after Nico thought she won? I get that it's a meme of some sort, but black clearly won that game.

Hachitora

Based on the hint and your avatar... it's supposed to be the one you most identify with? In that case, Hanayo. Though that's subject to change, as I haven't watched the second season yet.
I haven't finished the first season yet.

Watch all the anime and accept Rin as your lord and savior

Is there another way to play SIF on PC other than using BlueStacks? I may install it again but I want to know if it's updated to Android 5 because I remember having some problems with the performance...

m0t0k1

Is there another way to play SIF on PC other than using BlueStacks? I may install it again but I want to know if it's updated to Android 5 because I remember having some problems with the performance...

Well don't know about SIF. But another Android emulator i know of is Genymotion. Maybe try that to run SIF. There is offcourse also the Android SDK but never really understood how that worked.

Labrys

7 pulls, 2 blue tickets but no Constellation Rin. Oh well.

I ended up with:

China Dress Honoka x2
Wedding Nico x2
China Dress Rin
Mermaid Eli
Wedding Hanayo
Wedding Nozomi
Maid Maki
Maid Eli
Constellation Umi
Constellation Nico

And Kitchen Rin and Cheerleader Eli from blue tickets. I was able to idolize C.Dress Honoka, Wedding Nico, Mermaid Eli and Kitchen Rin.

Top Bottom