• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

Oh right, I guess Hanayo's birthday is Tuesday or something, so like they promised at the Thanksgiving event, solo boxes are back, and this time EN gets them too. Though JP still gets to feel smug, because the EN version is limited to five 11-scouts only, while JP is unlimited.
What's more, JP also gets a limited-use "step up scouting" Hanayo-only box that lets you do three special scouts that are better value than normal: 30 gems for 11-scout w/SR guarantee, 40 gems for 11-scout SR guarantee, and 50 gems for 11-scout SSR guarantee, though you have to do them in that order.

I'm not a Pana fan, so I won't be participating in the EN box, but for those of you who are, now's your chance.

GoXDS

well now... we have 5 shots at the EN solo boxes. guess I won't be able to save enough for all 3 of my top 3 =\ only 359 atm

W-00

I really shouldn't have rolled in one of the limited boxes a few days ago. I just saw that it had a lot of the cards I already had (including two URs) so I thought I might be able to idolize something without using tickets (the collector in me refuses to sacrifice a unique card to idolize a different one)... And of course that roll was minimum wage for junk.

If I'd known that we'd actually get character boxes, I definitely would have been able to resist. I mean, I wouldn't have rolled for Hanayo (I love the character, but her "Dareka, tasukete!" is really annoying), but the knowledge that there would be times to ensure other character would have been enough.

I'm at 572 Love Stones for the Little Devil Nico card (+2 scouting tickets). I don't think I'll be able to make it up to 600 in time, but even if I don't, 121+ chances at this card...that's pretty massive.

Please start preparing your offerings to Nico for me, thank you.

little_devil_nico_by_mokomokoo-d90ob1w.png

Articalys

There was a small version update on JP today, with the biggest change being that they finally added extra search/filter options for the live show song list:

https://twitter.com/LLUpdates/status/821818012831510529

You can filter by song attribute, unit, solo songs (in general, not per girl), other non-full-team formations (e.g. by year, duets, non-unit trios; all part of the same filter category though), whether or not you've gotten an S-score/combo/clear rank, and even which songs have a G multiplier active for token events. You can also change the ordering from when they were added to the game (i.e. how it is now) to song name or difficulty rating.

There were also some added options for auto-team forming (prioritize members with less bond points and no equipped skills) and added functionality to change team members when choosing a team right before playing a song (except for score match songs, obviously) as well as being able remove practice members from the confirmation screen (instead of having to go back and deselect them from the member list).

There were a couple other small tweaks but nothing else that really affects gameplay.

Hope EN jumps straight to this version soon... we still haven't gotten most of the updates post-Aqours except for the SSR/UR buff.

chrono01

I'm at 572 Love Stones for the Little Devil Nico card (+2 scouting tickets). I don't think I'll be able to make it up to 600 in time, but even if I don't, 121+ chances at this card...that's pretty massive.

Please start preparing your offerings to Nico for me, thank you.
Nice!

I'm only at 525. It would have been more, but I got tempted and did a multi-pull on Halloween Yohane and Halloween Dia's banners (I got nothing but a few SR out of it, of course). I have a few more stories to grind, so I could probably make 550 if I tried.

I'm going all-out, and if I don't get a single UR with all of these gems, I'm quitting this game. Been playing since launch and only have one UR (to make it worse, it's the starting Honoka one). So yeah, this is my final chance before I move on permanently from this game.

Nice!

I'm only at 525. It would have been more, but I got tempted and did a multi-pull on Halloween Yohane and Halloween Dia's banners (I got nothing but a few SR out of it, of course). I have a few more stories to grind, so I could probably make 550 if I tried.

I'm going all-out, and if I don't get a single UR with all of these gems, I'm quitting this game. Been playing since launch and only have one UR (to make it worse, it's the starting Honoka one). So yeah, this is my final chance before I move on permanently from this game.

Good luck to your scouts! I just remembered that I've barely touched the Master songs and played some. I lost once and only managed a C combo at best (although I only missed about 5 notes in Kaguya no Shiro) but Survival plus S score was enough to get 3 gems per song, which put me over 600 gems.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nice!

Good luck... of course, I've done 300 draws before and gotten nothing, so...

That reminds me that I have like 50+ normal stories that I never watched because I'm too lazy to click through them all. Oh well.

GoXDS

Mmm... next EN event is on 26th. is KLab EN really intent on giving us another 8 day event?
could at least do 5 day downtime and 9 day event

EDIT: nvm. extractions show it's an 11 day event

All the folks at my Japanese class that I talked to didn't have a clue about Love Live but got all hyped about idolmaster.
Not that I think the other thing is bad or anything, but I feel a little betrayed tbh.

GoXDS

All the folks at my Japanese class that I talked to didn't have a clue about Love Live but got all hyped about idolmaster.
Not that I think the other thing is bad or anything, but I feel a little betrayed tbh.

not that Idolmaster isn't really big as well but, that's surprising o_o

chrono01

Good luck to your scouts! I just remembered that I've barely touched the Master songs and played some. I lost once and only managed a C combo at best (although I only missed about 5 notes in Kaguya no Shiro) but Survival plus S score was enough to get 3 gems per song, which put me over 600 gems.
Thanks, good luck to you too!

I thought she was going to added after this morning's maintenance, but I guess I'll have to wait another week or so. :/

Good luck... of course, I've done 300 draws before and gotten nothing, so...

That reminds me that I have like 50+ normal stories that I never watched because I'm too lazy to click through them all. Oh well.
UR seem so rare in this game, much more than other gatcha games I've played (then again, they're at a 1% drop-rate). I really hope I get at least one out of my pulls. It doesn't have to be Devil Nico, although I'd love for it to be, just so long as I get a Pure/Cool UR so I can have another solid leader.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
UR seem so rare in this game, much more than other gatcha games I've played (then again, they're at a 1% drop-rate). I really hope I get at least one out of my pulls. It doesn't have to be Devil Nico, although I'd love for it to be, just so long as I get a Pure/Cool UR so I can have another solid leader.
The blue ticket system helps a little bit, but I've only gotten like 4 or 5 URs from it - across three versions of the game.

chrono01

RNG gotta RNG...

Really surprised that klab hasn't broken down and offered a paid UR ticket yet.
I'd be happy with that "do three multi-summons, get a guaranteed UR on your third" promotion Japan is receiving. Problem is, I'll probably leave the game (I'm serious about it, if I don't get a UR with 11 multi-pulls) before that happens.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd be happy with that "do three multi-summons, get a guaranteed UR on your third" promotion Japan is receiving. Problem is, I'll probably leave the game (I'm serious about it, if I don't get a UR with 11 multi-pulls) before that happens.
Yeah, about that... it's only guaranteed SSR. ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Maybe if Love Live came out with something as great as Xenoglossia it would have more fans.

What I'm supposedoing to do with the normal idolised girls after I got their side story. Are they useful at some point or should they graduate?

I didn't realize that Nico Promo was gonna be coming so soon, AND the Nico Medley event too, along with the banner. All those gems could push me up to 13 10+1 pulls, plus a couple more scouting tickets...I should probably try to at least tier 2, although that'll probably be hard with the promo.

Articalys

So apparently, the physical event ticket form included with BD5 still doesn't say what it's for. Only has the registration period and instructions, and a note to "please check the official site for details". Hopefully this won't have any kind of negative impact...
For what it's worth, the entry period starts the day after the Aqours 1st Live, but it seems crazy to wait until then to announce it.

Articalys

is it just the cover art out or is a preview out as well?
Just the art from the newest G's Magazine issue. The preview for Aquarium didn't show up until the song was only a couple weeks away, so I wouldn't expect any previews for this one until mid-March or so.

GoXDS

been thinking of giving away my secondary acc since I can no longer play it for a while now (iPad is buggy and randomly taps without input) but haven't decided how I want to give it away yet.

Lvl 97 and 1 EX away from getting all the overflow LP from Lvl 1-97
4 URs (Initial Hanayo, Cafe/April Umi, Mermaid/July Nozomi, Valentine/Feb Nico)
Aqours basically untouched so lots of rewards from there
49 Gems
iOS EN

let me know if anyone's interested tho keep in mind I'm not sure if this is how I want to do it atm. and preferable if you know you're gonna actively use the acc

chrono01

Little Devil Nico summon results:

Multi #1:

SR Rin (Looking at Old Pics)
SR Maki (Timeless Melody)
SR Hanayo (Like a Little Devil)

Multi #2:

SR Rin (Best of My Own Drum)
SR Eli (To Greater Heights)

Multi #3:

SR Maki (I'm So Happy)
SR Kotori (Girls Are Always...)

Multi #4:

SR Nozomi (Give Me Your Soul)

Multi #5:

SSR Kotori (Cherry Pudding)
SR Honoka (Be a Little Devil)

Multi #6:

SR Umi (Morning Training)
SR Hanayo (Like a Little Devil) x2
SR Honoka (The Fairy's Wish)

Multi #7:

SR Maki (Secret Practice)

Multi #8:

UR Nico (Feisty Imp Training!) It came from a spinning envelope!
SSR Rin (I Love Ramen!)
SSR Maki (A Little Unsettling)

I DID IT!!!!

I'm not going to go for a second, going to save up for Devil Nozomi now. I'll probably idolize her with stickers I've been saving.

BUT MAN! I DID IT!

Congrats Chrono! I'm waiting until an hour I'm more alert to do my mass summoning, I mean rolling. I want to be sure I can fully appreciate the joy or sorrow of whatever happens.

Crescent-

Little Devil Nico summon results:

Multi #1:

SR Rin (Looking at Old Pics)
SR Maki (Timeless Melody)
SR Hanayo (Like a Little Devil)

Multi #2:

SR Rin (Best of My Own Drum)
SR Eli (To Greater Heights)

Multi #3:

SR Maki (I'm So Happy)
SR Kotori (Girls Are Always...)

Multi #4:

SR Nozomi (Give Me Your Soul)

Multi #5:

SSR Kotori (Cherry Pudding)

Multi #6:

SR Umi (Morning Training)
SR Hanayo (Like a Little Devil) x2
SR Honoka (The Fairy's Wish)

Multi #7:

SR Maki (Secret Practice)

Multi #8:

UR Nico (Feisty Imp Training!) It came from a spinning envelope!
SSR Rin (I Love Ramen!)
SSR Maki (A Little Unsettling)

I DID IT!!!!

I'm not going to go for a second, going to save up for Devil Nozomi now. I'll probably idolize her with stickers I've been saving.

BUT MAN! I DID IT!

Congrats Chrono! Your savings are worth it in the end :D. How many love gems do you have left?

Top Bottom