• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTT(Travesty): Making a Murderer. I'm boiling and not sure if I can stomach the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

90% certain Avery did it, but what happened with Brandon is an absolute disgrace.

Avery had every sign of someone with the capacity to kill, threatened multiple ex girlfriends, burned a family cat alive for fun, very well documented stalker behavior with the victim, phone calls to the victims cellphone on the day of her murder. The police got sloppy but the man is not innocent, it's a bit scary how easily people are swayed with a little bit of production value and good editing.

Can you explain to me how someone can be tied up to a bed, and have her throat cut-and yet there is no blood or DNA anywhere in that room-which is covered in junk?

And then taken Into a garage and killed *again* and yet there is no blood or brain matter anywhere in the garage even though there are tools and machinery everywhere?

Is Stephen Avery "just that good"?

HotHamBoy

Can you explain to me how someone can be tied up to a bed, and have her throat cut-and yet there is no blood or DNA anywhere in that room-which is covered in junk?

And then taken Into a garage and killed *again* and yet there is no blood or brain matter anywhere in the garage even though there are tools and machinery everywhere?

Is Stephen Avery "just that good"?

But he left the keys on the floor. Derp!

Again, find that episode of Murder Made Me Famous. Bullet fragments were in her skull that matched bullet fragments embedded in the floor of Avery's garage, there was blood DNA evidence in the garage, there was plenty to convict him.

This is patently false. There were no fragments in the skull. There were no bullets embedded in the floor, and there was no blood dna in the garage. This post is a pile of terrible information mashed together with scraps of real facts.

A bullet fragment was found laying on the floor of the garage. The sample of dna from the bullet was so small that it was destroyed during testing. Oh, and the cop that shouldn't have been part of the investigation was in the garage just before the bullet's discovery...seeing if the detectives wanted him to get then sandwiches. Plus the dna test was compromised.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The biggest problem for the prosecution in Making a Murderer is that they convicted Dassey by presenting one murder scene, and convicted Avery by presenting a completely different murder scene. Unless you believe that woman was killed in two locations, there's no way you can say they were guilty. If there were enough evidence you'd think the prosecution would be able to present a case strongly enough that they wouldn't have to abandon their theory and rework it for a second trial.

Boney

Banned
This is patently false. There were no fragments in the skull. There were no bullets embedded in the floor, and there was no blood dna in the garage. This post is a pile of terrible information mashed together with scraps of real facts.

A bullet fragment was found laying on the floor of the garage. The sample of dna from the bullet was so small that it was destroyed during testing. Oh, and the cop that shouldn't have been part of the investigation was in the garage just before the bullet's discovery...seeing if the detectives wanted him to get then sandwiches. Plus the dna test was compromised.
Just saw episode 6 and came to address this. Was doing a long write up but the phone froze, so I'll just say that every testimony has been inconsistent with the other testimonies or internally.
Every piece of evidence found shows clearly that it was tampered with or has characteristics that suggest it may have been tampered with.

So far my money is on Brendan's brother and his friend having to do with the case. His testimony is completely inconsistent. His false testimony was deliberately incriminating of Steven. Somehow his friend would exactly corroborate his timeline without any real reason. It was his fire barrel thingy that had a lot of traces of her charred ashes but all of her bones were transported to the pit outside Steven's trailer.

The idea of him letting his own brother take the fall as well is uncle is pretty sick though.

The only questions left open are, how was the corpse buried outside Steven's house?
And at to what point was the police involved in the cover up/ evidence planting.

It's pretty certain someone must've had the key in their possession to have moved the car to the lot and that also at some point the police had it and planted it there.
It also seems pretty certain that she wasn't killed anywhere in Steven's property, since no blood splattered onto any of the junk or seeped through cracks.
The investigation was inept from the very start to say the least with gross mismanage of every evidence presented.

dan2026

The bit that made my jaw drop was when one of the top Policemen or whoever basically just said;

'Why would we go to the trouble of framing Avery, when we could just kill him'.

Holy shit this is the mindset of these people!

Dalek

The bit that made my jaw drop was when one of the top Policemen or whoever basically just said;

Don't forget the phone call where the police officer said "did we find a body yet?"
"No. "
"But we DID arrest Steven Avery, though right?"

Was that the part where someone mentions wanting to systematically wipe out the whole Avery bloodline? They also mention cutting off the tree at the trunk, referring to Steven's entire family. I can't remember who said it because someone else was reading it off of a paper, but that was some nefarious shit.

No matter how many suspicious things re: Avery there are, there are so many shady things with the trial that he shouldn't be charged even if he did it.

Tagg9

I agree that MaM was extremely biased, but there are so many inconsistencies in the case that it is extremely doubtful to me that Avery did it. I also feel like there's something very odd about the behaviour of Theresa Halback's brother.

Boney

Banned
Wait a sec, he was convicted of first degree murder and possesion of a fire arm but not for the mutilation of the body?

How does that even work?

Wait a sec, he was convicted of first degree murder and possesion of a fire arm but not for the mutilation of the body?

How does that even work?

In the documentary they were speculating that it was supposed to be some weird type of compromise.

Boney

Banned
In the documentary they were speculating that it was supposed to be some weird type of compromise.

Yeah the excused juror speculated that. The attorneys mentioned that at first the deliberance was 7 not guilty, 3 guilty and 2 undecided, with the excused juror mentioning how 3 people were incredibly stubborn throughout and unwilling to participate in the process since their mind was made up from the start.

That veredict being physically imposible makes it so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom