• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Assassin's Creed Unity

Mifune

Mehmber
I'd be playing on PS4, and I don't really mean graphics so much as atmosphere. Unless that's what you're referring to as well. By atmosphere I mean a culmination of art, graphics, music, mood setting, etc.

I would not recommend this game on PS4. The framerate, pop-in, and overall technical jankiness really detract from the atmosphere. It's also graphically inconsistent...at times it looks completely stunning, at others washed out or harshly lit.

I've been a fan of the series for its atmosphere, too, but Unity really failed to hit the mark for me. At least on PS4.

Iceternal

Opinions, man. Everyone has em :). Clearly I posted in this thread expecting some rebuff to my opinion, but yeah. AI seemed on par with AC, and the level design was better than previous games in my experience. I remember maybe 1 design from AC1, but after that nothing sticks out, meanwhile with ACU several do. The story I enjoyed as much as the others, which albeit were not altogether impressive to me.

AI is not any better than previous games (though I feel that ACIV's was a little better, or more understandable and predictable) but unlike ACIII which was extremely easy, Unity is hard when you go against 4+ enemies.

The problem is the stealth controls and gameplay features aren't robust enough to be able to be properly stealthy in most late game missions. Double kills work randomly, more often than not, I would run towards a couple of enemies and intend to double kill them, and Arno would instead kill only one of them, alerting the other one and aggroing the whole area on me, which means game over. And this kind of infuriating issues happen all the time during the game. It's also IMPOSSIBLE to target efficiently one enemy in a group. Dead Kings has this new leader mechanic that makes it so if you kill the leader of a group, all the other ones will flee. But I could never assassinate the leader without getting detected and I had to cheese the game by throwing a smoke bomb and killing the leader. But that's not fun and doesn't give a feeling of accomplishment...

Wolfe

I would not recommend this game on PS4. The framerate, pop-in, and overall technical jankiness really detract from the atmosphere. It's also graphically inconsistent...at times it looks completely stunning, at others washed out or harshly lit.

I've been a fan of the series for its atmosphere, too, but Unity really failed to hit the mark for me. At least on PS4.

I don't know how long ago you played the game on PS4 but it's perfectly playable at this point, have yet to see any noticeable framerate issues or any of the "technical jankiness" that I always see people bring up. The worst being a few minor visual bugs with the civilian NPCs every now and then.

Top Bottom