• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: COD: Advance Warfare (PS3) 2014

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Advanced_Warfare.jpg

If there were a script that had the guy from house of cards as the main villain in a call of duty game I probably wouldn’t believe you but it’s what I’m looking for.

images

I liked what I played in this campaign, which includes a star actor and for 2014 that was ahead of its time.

Kevin Spacy has plenty of screen time in this.

Now we have advance warfare 2 rumors.

The biggest takeaway though from this game is the “exo skeleton” that made everyone cry at the time, it had a learning curve.

I’ve been playing the multiplayer and there’s a lot of good maps, team death match has around 490 players.

Overall the game felt fresh and obviously ahead of its time.

Sledgehammer_logo.jpg

Did GAF have fun with advance warfare at the time? The shields, the weird gernades, drones etc. were great to see. I could see the franchise going back to the future time period.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I think I had this for PS4, but never finished the campaign. It’s on my Steam wishlist in case I ever get the urge to check it out again.

Salz01

Just looking at the game from 2014, the model and youtube thumbnail looks like a game that could be in 2023. I guess that’s good for the devs in 2014, and shit for the devs in 2023.

Horrible performance on PC for some months after launch, but it looked great and had a mildly engaging campaign. I barely remember anything but I liked the woman and the dude. Spacey did nothing wrong.

What's weird is that the new "boots on the ground" Modern Warfare games with tac sprint, crazy sliding, and jumping, are faster paced and have a larger emphasis on movement than the "enhanced mobility" CoD's with jetbacks and boosters that received so much hate.

FeralEcho

Just looking at the game from 2014, the model and youtube thumbnail looks like a game that could be in 2023. I guess that’s good for the devs in 2014, and shit for the devs in 2023.
The model of Spacey in the thumbnail is from a CG cutscene lol

EDIT: Not to say the game itself doesn't look great but in this instance you're comparing a cg model to actual ingame models of 2023.

Last edited:

Tsaki

Oh this game. The worst CoD to be made. Ever!
Campaign by the numbers, where, shocked-Pikachu-face, the trillionaire, mustache-twirling capitalist (and every other -ist that Californians deem evil) is in fact evil and declares war on the planet. You kill him by throwing him in the fire after running to catch him. You, a super soldier chasing a middle aged man who flees in fear. Holy shit Sledgehammer Games was shit since their inception.
Multiplayer. Yeah the worst MP ever as well. Low health, 150 ms in-engine latency without taking into account network latency on top of it, and Titanfall-jetpack's retarded little cousin. They introduced lootboxes with this game, the most disgusting form of it as well: they contained weapons with objectively better stats (higher damage/fire rate/range) and you can grind for 40 minutes to get one chance at the lottery or straight up spend $500 on them to open to your heart's content. Obsidian Steed and Inferno variants plagued the lobbies and those unlucky players on the receiving end of them.
Zombies. L.M.A.O. That's all.
Still got the Platinum though and spent hundreds of hours on it because I was a Call of Duty whore.

Last edited:
Can't imagine playing this on a PS3. The first mission still looks borderline real in the PS4 version.

I love when they show you the magnetic gloves. That whole mission in Niger is really sick.

I also love New Baghdad. The campaign kinda falls apart in the last few missions though.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

What's weird is that the new "boots on the ground" Modern Warfare games with tac sprint, crazy sliding, and jumping, are faster paced and have a larger emphasis on movement than the "enhanced mobility" CoD's with jetbacks and boosters that received so much hate.
I'm glad someone else is able to point this out. I'm really not a fan of how gameplay has "evolved" in the franchise.

Top Bottom