• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azalean

Banned
640px-Girls-logo.svg.png

So the first season of Lena Dunham's Girls is free on Amazon Prime Video so I decided to give it a watch. I'm currently in the middle of season 4 and I'm loving it. The writing is really sharp and the cast is really great. It realistically portrays the lives of young people in modern society. For Me, Season 1 was probably the strongest for me while Season 3 is my least favorite. My favorite character on the show is probably Adam closely followed by Shosh. Also love how raw it is. You can pretty much tell when a sex scene is coming a mile away. XD Looking forward to finishing up the rest of S4 and future seasons. What are your thoughts/opinions on Girls?

Volimar

Pretty much all I know about that show is that there's a scene with the daughter of Brian Williams getting her bum eaten out.

Fuchsdh

640px-Girls-logo.svg.png

So the first season of Lena Dunham's Girls is free on Amazon Prime Video so I decided to give it a watch. I'm currently in the middle of season 4 and I'm loving it. The writing is really sharp and the cast is really great. It realistically portrays the lives of young people in modern society. For Me, Season 1 was probably the strongest for me while Season 3 is my least favorite. My favorite character on the show is probably Adam closely followed by Shosh. Also love how raw it is. You can pretty much tell when a sex scene is coming a mile away. XD Looking forward to finishing up the rest of S4 and future seasons. What are your thoughts/opinions on Girls?

"Realistically" is a word choice I would disagree with. Portrays some people who I don't care about, I guess, but I hate how Lena Dunham gets portrayed as the voice of my generation.

The show is really good. Very good writing and acting.

But it always weirds me out when a show set in NYC has an all white cast given the amount of diversity in the city

And agree with fuchsdh
It does a good job of showing a realistic portrayal of a spoiled and selfish female character but not much outside of that limited scope

Ovid

The show is really good. Very good writing and acting.

But it always weirds me out when a show set in NYC has an all white cast given the amount of diversity in the city

And agree with fuchsdh
It does a good job of showing a realistic portrayal of a spoiled and selfish female character but not much outside of that limited scope
Even Williamsburg has black people. The only black people I remember on the show are Donald Glover and the girl that worked for Vogue (I think it was Vogue).

Anyways, S1 is the best. S2 was a shit show. S3 redeemed itself in the second half. S4 was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom