• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Infamous 1 & 2

If the first game had been graphically impressive, it would have been a damn near perfect game. Everything about it was on point, especially the urban wasteland tone to the atmosphere. Sucks the sequel went in such a weird direction.

Also, the music was fucking amazing.

Seriously, listen to these:

Anything for Trish
Alden Strikes
Dinner with Sasha
My major problem with 1 wasn't the visuals, but the auto-headshot enemies that could kill me while I was zipping / flying / falling away. Like, you shot me off the roof, I'm falling, STAHP damnit. You mention something uber important though..

Amon Tobin's work on inFamous is INCREDIBLE. The in-game ambiance and amount of time the music comes on doesn't seem to do it justice. Ever since Splinter Cell Chaos Theory I've been a huge fan of Amon Tobin and was delighted when I saw he was involved with inFamous.

The city bothered me in SS the most. Empire City, New Marais... Seattle?

After two games with fictional cities you go a real one. I know why they did but it felt hamstrung.

Oh and grinding, not being able to grind in SS sucked too. Neon is cool but you can't grind with it.

I'm hungry ...

gioGAF

I like Infamous 1 the best by far (as far as the impact it had and the actual story). It felt fresh and complete. I wish it got the modernization treatment, the only thing the sequels have over it are the technical/convenience advances.

The whole electric powers was cool, then on the second one they watered them down, adding variations that didn't really change anything, blue or red, same shit. Infamous 1 had some really cool light vs. dark side powers. There were cool things in 2, but for the most part, I didn't enjoy it as much as 1.

SS felt like an incomplete game, the first district and flame powers were cool and felt well thought out, the remaining powers and areas felt like Sucker Punch was rushed and not allowed to finish the game.

Infamous 1 was okay, had some good but but got pretty bored.

Infamous 2 I couldn't get into it at all.

Infamous Second Son I really loved and is the only one I've finished.

kanuuna

If the first game had been graphically impressive, it would have been a damn near perfect game. Everything about it was on point, especially the urban wasteland tone to the atmosphere. Sucks the sequel went in such a weird direction.

Anything for Trish
Alden Strikes
Dinner with Sasha

I can get behind this opinion. IF1 is great. And that OST is really, really good.
Amon Tobin's work on inFamous is INCREDIBLE. The in-game ambiance and amount of time the music comes on doesn't seem to do it justice. Ever since Splinter Cell Chaos Theory I've been a huge fan of Amon Tobin and was delighted when I saw he was involved with inFamous.

People should definitely use Amon Tobin more. I would love it if they got him to score a new Splinter Cell game. Him or Clark.

Infamous 2 was definitely the better of the three, with SS behind it.

New Orleans would look pretty damn nice in the SS engine...

(edit) I remember Second Son mostly because of it's graphics, definitely not from it's story. I miss me some backstabbing Zeke...

Evilisk

Anything for Trish
Alden Strikes
Dinner with Sasha

I've always felt the first game has had some really good tracks. Glad to see I'm not the only one with that opinion. Anything For Trish and Meet the Reapers are probably my absolute favorites from anything in the first game

infamous 1 is great- level design, music are all amazing. the linear parts and sections are superb. Great game

Infamous ss is garbage and removes all that and actually artistically looks way worse

SS

Bland
flat
boring

Not just visually, but gameplay and missions as well. Cookie cutter baby.

Infamous 1 I wasn't really that fond of. It was fun but after playing through SS it was tough going back to such a basic formula.

this blows my mind, I mean I get it's opinions and all but really.. every time I go back to SS I want to break my PS4 for how bland an boring it looks. I simply don't even want to play it. Feels like another AAA clean game and not what SP was all about before.

music as some have said above but missed a few

rabbler rouser is in the top 3 imo one or two possibly
meet the reapers (perhaps the best, which was left out of the linked post) but picked up byevilisk
dinner with sasha below those two for sure, It's alright but fairly simple and short
hunt for the ray sphere (technically above dinner with sasha) more interesting vibes and sounds
anything for trish- again out of the top 2 or 3 but is alright. Has potential but never gets to that point in its drums that it should have
Genesis - decent emotional tone, and if you like that kind of sasha style, feel this one is that but a bit more
silent melody which probably etches itself in the top 3 or 4

Yeah I don't even get that comment. The twist was actually really well done in that there is literally a ton of things that point to it but pretty much no one is going to pick up on them on a first playthough.

And yeah the second game is the best one, although I really like all 3 of them.

Exactly the reason why I think it's one of the best twists in gaming. Certainly one of the most well executed. There's so much strange and ethereal shit going on that suddenly makes perfect sense the moment that Kessler shows Cole that wedding photo. And the way the final fight builds toward that revelation, Kessler toying with Cole about his family and his failings, shit that Kessler should not know... stuff was great

Top Bottom