• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Inside

I played it just last week. I had no idea what the game was about or what to expect. My mind was definitely blown. I feel like with these types of 'hyped' indie games, people get overhyped or spoil the experience with what others post about it online. The same with 'Gone Home' a game that is amazing to experience blind, but oh so easily spoiled by the complaints of people saying it's 'not what they expected.'

The pace and subtle story telling felt right. The puzzles were fun and I liked that they were not too difficult but easily solved with a satisfying 'aha' moment rather than dragging you into frustration with difficulty. I felt the story was well presented, it wasn't trying too hard at all. Had lots of fun playing.

The first 15 minutes were amazing. Pure sense of dread and isolation with the horrifying feeling of being hunted. The game couldn't hold that impression over its playtime but I still liked it overall.

I think one reason it didn't have a big impact on me was that I played a certain masterpiece by the name of The Last Guardian at the same weekend. TLG makes even Inside look "gamey".

I like where this little game goes and actually I can't find any real faults. It's still one of these games I only ever play once and never again.

Those first 15 minutes though!

Why aren't we talking about the soundtrack?

It was made using a human skull.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/282595/Audio_Design_Deep_Dive_Using_a_human_skull_to_create_the_sounds_of_Inside.php

Skull_Inside_600_399_c1.png

Keeping it real :D

It's kinda cool they went there. Not without reason, too so what. I wonder how old that skull was, haha.

I wonder what the conversation between sound guy and developer was like:

Soundguy: "Hey I got this idea" - "Go ahead" - "Ok!"

It's cool that the Danish indie scene blew up after Playdead. A month ago, I talked to a bunch of different Danish indie developer teams at EGX Rezzed (Bedtime Digital Games - Figment, Throughline Games - Forgotten Anne, Tunnel Vision Games - See You On The Other Side) and I'm sure there's more. Before, it was just IO Interactive.

Top Bottom