• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Justified

Status
Not open for further replies.
xl_Justified-Amazon-Exclusive-.jpg

Justified is an American television drama series developed by Graham Yost. It is based on Elmore Leonard's novels Pronto (1993) and Riding the Rap (1995), and his short story "Fire in the Hole". Its main character is Raylan Givens, a deputy U.S. Marshal. Timothy Olyphant portrays Givens, a tough federal lawman, enforcing his own brand of justice in his Kentucky hometown. The series is set in the city of Lexington, Kentucky, and the hill country of eastern Kentucky, specifically in and around Harlan.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is something of a 19th-century–style, Old West lawman living in modern times, whose unconventional enforcement of justice makes him a target of criminals as well as his U.S. Marshals Service bosses. As a result of his controversial but "justified" quick-draw shooting of mob hitman Tommy Bucks in Miami, Givens is reassigned from Miami to Lexington, Kentucky. The Lexington Marshals office's jurisdiction includes Harlan County, where Raylan grew up and which he thought he had escaped for good in his youth.

I'm not a TVologist (trademarked) but I find this show to be absolutely amazing, I'm currently on the last episode of season 4 and I've been loving every episode. And I generally stay away from deep south settings in shows/films (I can't do westerns). This show is really well done; and I like the very subtle comedy in how Raylan speaks and interacts with everyone in both the office and out in the field (especially with how he and Crowder speak to each other). Sad to learn that season 6 will be the last season for the show. Olyphant absolutely kills his role as Givens, as does Walton Goggins as Crowder. I just love how Raylan as a character remains hilariously calm even under great duress.

ibkUZxHEGSuQMy.gif

11-shootouts.gif

bodyshot.gif

Espi

Banned
Easily the best show out right now. It's worst season is better than most shows' best season.

I'm glad they end it at Season 6. I'd rather them end it on a high note instead of turning it into Sons of Anarchy where it becomes absolute garbage because it brings it ratings.

Also, like you I was hesitant on the show. I wasn't a fan of the setting, but I'm glad I made the exception.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, easily the best dialogue on TV right now. And it has tons of old Deadwood actors in it, which just makes it all the better. The newest season was its weakest ever, but they've set themselves up for a great final season.

I think the only thing that kept this show from growing a bit more was the lack of screentime Rachel and Tim get. Every season they say they'll be expanded on, every season they don't. They've both had some good moments though.

Frost_Ace

Yeah, easily the best dialogue on TV right now. And it has tons of old Deadwood actors in it, which just makes it all the better. The newest season was its weakest ever, but they've set themselves up for a great final season.

I think the only thing that kept this show from growing a bit more was the lack of screentime Rachel and Tim get. Every season they say they'll be expanded on, every season they don't. They've both had some good moments though.
Agree with all of this, hope the send off is good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I should get around to watching this.

Stopped watching at around episode 6 or so back when it first came out. I think it was the episode where he visits his dad.

Fucking loved the pilot but it felt really different after the pilot The locations went from looking like a really small southern town to being some big city, which bothered me. It also became really case of the week but I hear that changes later on in the season.

Burt

Love the love, but for the sake of everyone who hasn't started the show yet, please take that first stabby-shooty gif out. Thought it was a great moment and never saw it coming. I'm all for the statute of limitations on spoilers, but I'm a huge Justified fan and wouldn't want to let any latecomers know how that plays out beforehand.

I should get around to watching this.

Stopped watching at around episode 6 or so back when it first came out. I think it was the episode where he visits his dad.

Fucking loved the pilot but it felt really different after the pilot The locations went from looking like a really small southern town to being some big city, which bothered me. It also became really case of the week but I hear that changes later on in the season.

They spend a lot of time in Harlan. Really less time in Lexington than Harlan for most of the show. Burn through the rest to get to Boyd's return later in the first season, you'll get hooked right back (and thats when the episodic nature basically stops, as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom