• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Mark of the Ninja - holy shit, I'm a Ninja

Stoze

Yeah this game is fantastic. Tight level design, great controls, satisfying unlocks and progression system, rewarding for multiple types of play, and the first scoring/point system I've cared about in years. It's one of the few games where I immediately started a second game after finishing it for the first time.

I'm due for another play through of it, if it holds up as well as I remember I'd probably consider it one of my favorite games.

Sanctuary

Doesn't seem like a sequel is planned and I can't think of too many games scratching the same itch. Tenchu maybe?

Have you never played either of the original two Tenchu games? I'm thinking you haven't, because those are the games that get the ninja simulator right. Plus, the first has a lot of hilariously bad and endearing, quotable material.

Amazing game, and one that I completely overlooked. I had gotten it in a bundle sometime in 2013, but my laptop at the time couldn't run it well (constant slowdown). Despite that, I gutted it out and loved what I played. Made sure to 100% it too.

Kup

Picked it up in a sale once and then played it about 9 months later. What a surprise! Pretty challenging too, which I enjoyed.

Ninja Dom

I picked up Mark of the Ninja in a Humble Bundle a couple of years ago and downloaded it through Steam. At the time it was the only way to get the game on the Mac.

The game is superb but I stopped playing due to one thing. I cannot get a joypad to work with it properly. I got a generic joypad and a PS3 pad and the controls don't map properly at all. And I couldn't be bothered continuing my play through on keyboard.

If anybody knows how to map the controls to a PS3 pad or generic USB pad on a Mac then please let me know.

Don't forget the Tenchu games and the Shinobido games. Also all stealth Ninja games.

I picked up Mark of the Ninja in a Humble Bundle a couple of years ago and downloaded it through Steam. At the time it was the only way to get the game on the Mac.

The game is superb but I stopped playing due to one thing. I cannot get a joypad to work with it properly. I got a generic joypad and a PS3 pad and the controls don't map properly at all. And I couldn't be bothered continuing my play through on keyboard.

If anybody knows how to map the controls to a PS3 pad or generic USB pad on a Mac then please let me know.

I must say, your name and avatar seem fitting.

SomTervo

Such a good game. Only good ninja game outside the Tenchu series.

Really intense playing on NG+ by the way, where you can't "see" all around you. You have line of sight too, so you have to actually use the peek mechanics and the sound-vision mechanics.

Try it with the no-sword stealth-only suit, and on NG+.

Fucking tough stuff.

septicore

The game that made me enjoy stealth games or stealth combat. Never use to like them until I played this game.

Amazing game.

Permanently A

Such a good game. Only good ninja game outside the Tenchu series.

Really intense playing on NG+ by the way, where you can't "see" all around you. You have line of sight too, so you have to actually use the peek mechanics and the sound-vision mechanics.

Try it with the no-sword stealth-only suit, and on NG+.

Fucking tough stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun and success on NG+ using Path of Silence + Moth Dust to get rid of annoying lights and Noisemakers for the occasional annoying guard.

I wish there was a costume you get for all the achievements or something that gives you a broken costume with every costume buff. That would be really entertaining.

Top Bottom