• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: P.N.03

evalue

Banned
:Motorbass said:
Hay guys!

Thought I'd share my Wallpaper once more. (yes, I changed her suit)

pn031280.jpg

Id buy that for a dollar

mattp

mantidor said:
This game is impossible to find, I've been looking everywhere.

The presentation lead to believe this was another kind of game, thats why I guess it failed, you don't expect a quasi - shmup from trailers and screenshots of this game.
i just bought it used for 2.99 in a gamestop
i didn't think it was rare. i just figured no one cared about it

jvm

Gamasutra.
mattp said:
i just bought it used for 2.99 in a gamestop
i didn't think it was rare. i just figured no one cared about it
Note: "Rare" and "no one cares about it" aren't mutually exclusive. :D

vsfa

Banned
I guess I'm very late to the party... because I'm late in an LTTP thread! XD

P.N.03 is one of those games I can pick up anytime and just play for fun. Not for goals, not for achievements, not for story, not for unlocking anything. Just because of pure gameplay fun.

People who complain about the controls just can't get used to them - because when you do, there are few games with such precise and exact controls.

The lack of variety in the backgrounds is no problem for me, because I don't look at them anyway. There are other, far more important things to look at in this game! That is, enemy patterns and Vanessa's slightly flabby ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlW4TIj9ghE

Her ass jiggles surprisingly much... which is not to be confused with her ass wiggle that she does all the time when she fires her palm shot. What you can see in that video is jiggle, not wiggle.

As some people here have already said, P.N.03 is like a classic space shooter, but with a human in 3D environments instead of a ship in 2D space. Also, I think there are few games that have been so misunderstood by media as P.N.03, and it also goes to show how false expectations can damage a game.

If Treasure made this game, I'm actually quite sure it would've gotten better scores, because:

1) Who cares about story in a Treasure shooter?

2) Who cares about the backgrounds in a shooter? You never have time to look at them anyway.

I'm not saying it's the best game ever, just that it deserved more like 8/10 than 5/10. Also, this is the shooters' equivalent of God Hand. Simple, great games that only focus on gameplay and challenge. And also in P.N.03's case, Vanessa's soft rear end:

posesa.jpg

Of course, her ass always gets the attention when this game is brought up, much thanks to that infamous gif (which is actually an animation straight from the game). I still remember the first time I unlocked the Papillon suit... wow... there's something about her ass that is so real and not like other backsides in games. Maybe it's the ample size and the fact that it actually jiggles quite a bit. That's not very typical of a Japanese game! :p

Beat the game on Easy and Normal.

Even unlocked the Papillon suit, the infamous one. Never really upgraded it, because the one-hit-lol-DEAD thing was too frustrating.

The side missions towards the end were also frustrating, I ended up writing down which paths I took because the game kept linking T-intersection with T-Intersection with T-Intersection and all the damned rooms looked the same. :-/

Oh, and This? I wrote most of it. ;-)

McBradders said:
Wtf is this shit? God Hand is amazing :mad:

God Hand/PN03 separates the men from the pussies. Men move ahead while pussies sit in the fetal position in the bathtub with the shower running... crying.

These games aren't spoon fed to you like the rest of 'em. You have to hone those skills to see whats around the corner... and what's around the corner is glorious.

I thought the game had a lot of potential. I wanted to like the game but it did have some boring gameplay designs that was really repetitive.

It would've been nice if PN03 played like Vanquish, then it would've been so awesome.

Top Bottom