• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Resident Evil 7 [VR] Secretly game of the year

Really? What are some recommendations?

Astro Bot (the best VR game available on any system right now) , Wipeout omega, Zone of the Enders (plays different on VR) Borderlands 2, SuperHot, Farpoint (with Aim controller), Firewall (online shooter). These have decent duration by "normal" games standards. The thing with VR is that many of the games that look pointless or "experiences" when seen on a video change drastically when you are inside the game, even doing something silly with the move controllers. Many of these short games (at short price too) are really great.

RE7 is terryfing. I had to lower the difficulty for I was unable to finish it on normal, it's just too scary for me.

As for the vanilla versus Pro, it's worth upgrading to Pro. Anyway, we will see a huge boost with PS5, since the most limiting factor for PSVR is the console that runs its games.

Romulus

Really? What are some recommendations?

Borderlands 2, Wipeout, Skyrim, Dirt Rally, Astro Bot, Doom, Solus Project, Farpoint, The Persistence(love this), Firewall, Ultrawings, Beat Saber. Super hot is shorter, but incredible. Then, of course, this year are some huge ones like NMS, Blood and Truth, and Iron Man. I know I'm missing a few but I still have a backlog.

ksdixon

how many do the re7 play on controller/look with head combo?

i fell like my psvr exists only for re7 and beat saber at the moment

Ugh, I'm so disappointed this hasn't been available for PC. I am thinking of buying PSVR down the line, though not because of REVII VR specifically. But would've been awesome for this to come out on PC. Especially as I've heard so much good about the VR mode.

Borderlands 2, Wipeout, Skyrim, Dirt Rally, Astro Bot, Doom, Solus Project, Farpoint, The Persistence(love this), Firewall, Ultrawings, Beat Saber. Super hot is shorter, but incredible. Then, of course, this year are some huge ones like NMS, Blood and Truth, and Iron Man. I know I'm missing a few but I still have a backlog.
It never gets mentioned but IMO "To the Top" is arguably the best PSVR game (its also available for PC) right behind RE7.......Creed VR is also worth checking out if you're a Boxing or Punchout fan

Last edited:
Top Bottom