• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Swapper

So after months of wanting to play this gem I finally got it through the psn game of the month, and I'm pretty blown away. The gameplay, audio, graphics, everything. Great start to ps+. Thanks Sony!

Honest question: does this game have a story? I'm still gonna play it but it just didn't look like it did from screens.

It's similar to Dark Souls in a weird way. You have to piece together the events through logs and bits of dialogue you overhear and it never really comes out and explains itself. It has an amazing atmosphere though.

viveks86

Thank God this went on PS+. I used to curse all of you every time I checked that only one of my PSN friends had played the game. It's my puzzle GOTY hands down.

Robaperas

Awesome game, the backgrounds are so beautiful and detailed. I finished it a few months ago, and the next day went to see Interstellar, perfect timing.

Teeth

Solid game though I found the difficulty curve a little wonky. I blew through all of the puzzles until the last 3, which took me 15 minutes a piece to solve.

It's one of those games that, aside from the above, I can't think of anything wrong with it, yet it still isn't one of my favourite games.

Fantastic game. I loved it when I first played it when it came out, can't wait to give it another shot on PS4. It's not incredibly difficult, even though the last few puzzles gave me some pause, but the mechanics are fantastic and it's fun to work your way through each puzzle.

kgtrep

Just started playing this. I thought it was brilliant how the game makes you realize that
you can reach a high place or stay mid-air by swapping continuously.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the game.

Omega

Banned
So after months of wanting to play this gem I finally got it through the psn game of the month, and I'm pretty blown away. The gameplay, audio, graphics, everything. Great start to ps+. Thanks Sony!

Why are you thanking Sony? Facepalm Games is the one that made it.

One of my most memorable games from the last decade... I only did one playthrough, but it was just so perfect. Absolutely adore the atmosphere.

Very few games or even films achieve this kind of awe inspiring scifi atmosphere.

seat

I'm really looking forward to playing this. I'm glad it's on Plus now because it otherwise would have remained complete under my radar.

Sux that I hate puzzle games. Tried it but it's just not my thing. But man, the graphics/sound/atmosphere are just amazing. Imagine a new Metroid with these graphics/atmosphere. o_O

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I got this on PC last year and played for a bit but am really looking forward to playing this on the Vita today.

StylusX

Just booted the game(ps4)and all my save data hs gone; locally and on the cloud. Has this happened to anyone else. Will I get my save back?

Novocaine

How is the vita port?

It has been fantastic so far, no slowdown and everything is crystal clear.

You could always boot up both versions and see which one you like the best, y'know.

Yep and you can sync saves between both systems.

This is my first time playing The Swapper too and yeah it's really damn good. It's starting to get kind of difficult though, but it's very satisfying when you finally figure out the puzzles.

Jordan117

I loved this. The maddening yet rewarding puzzle philosophy of Braid with the visual style of Sunshine, all in hand-molded claymation. Gorgeous and evocative.

Two tips to avoid some unnecessary frustration:

* Play with subtitles on. The dialogue is clear, but I had a hard time distinguishing between a few of the voice actors, which made the story harder to follow.

* Once most of the ship is explored, the map will start rotating by 90° in certain areas to orient the blueprint to the local gravity. This can cause the teleporter system to appear broken, since the map at your destination doesn't resemble the area you'd chosen to travel to. It's the same spot, just rotated.

thenexus6

I liked it visuals and lighting were great, the character animations were a little off though. I didn't find any puzzles too hard more frustration than anything. Also I would've never gotten a single trophy if it wasn't for a guide.

Stevey

Finished it a while ago on PC, I like how the environments were hand crafted in clay.

The_Swapper_-_Clay_01.png

It's such a great game. I never finished it though, it gets pretty tricky later on.
I found that taking a break and coming back to it made it a lot easier. When you hit frustration it's best to just stop playing. I resented the game a bit because it's quite time consuming to back track across half the map to try a puzzle again.

I found the more poetic ending to be much more satisfying. But I didn't choose it first. Excited to see what they make next.
I would suggest watching the movie "Moon."
I was also reminded of the film
Sphere

Top Bottom