• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp:Uncharted 4: A thief's End , holy f$&@!

SomTervo

Huh? If anything Left Behind's influence is what made UC4 what it is. I really hope that The Lost Legacy can cut all the fat from UC4 to deliver a more brisk, consistently high octane experience. UC4 is still knocking around in my brain a year later and I can't shake the disappointment.

IIRC on a per-hour ratio Left Behind has more combat than TLOU vanilla and UC4 (could be wrong), but more importantly, the combat encounters were way tighter in Left Behind, including multiple factions and quirkier arenas. It was a tighter thing than the full game because it wasn't tied to the AA baggage (must be long, must have lite RPGing, the padding must be significant).

Basically I think Lost Legacy will do exactly for UC4 what Left Behind did for TLoU. Don't get me wrong, TLoU is in my top GOAT list, and I think it's better than Left Behind, but Left Behind was much tighter gameplay package.

I've learned it's best not to hope
  • they had druckmann and straley who showed they knew what's good with uc2
  • they had examples of what worked with 2 and what didn't with 3
  • the gameplay was so refined. the arenas were dope. the truck chase was peak fully-playable setpiece action
  • the elevator shootout showed the potential for unique encounter design
"let's make them climb."

D&S aren't on Lost Legacy, IIRC. I think it's a fresh team.

Plus there's no way ND didn't hear all the complaints about too much climbing.

My hopes are v high.

PS I still think all the climbing and soft adventuring is totally justified in UC4. For one thing, it's Drake's wind-down adventure (he's older, etc). But more importantly, Straley was evidently committed to placing gunfights only where gunfights made sense. As far as I know this is the first action video game in history to do that. Not a single bit of combat was shoehorned in where it didn't make sense. Even if it led to some weird pacing, I think it's totally admirable and worth commending.

IIRC per-hour Left Behind has more combat than TLOU vanilla and UC4 (could be wrong), but more importantly, the combat encounters were way tighter in Left Behind, including multiple factions and quirkier arenas. It was a tighter thing than the full game because it wasn't tied to the AA baggage (must be long, must have lite RPGing, the padding must be significant).

Basically I think Lost Legacy will do exactly for UC4 what Left Behind did for TLoU. Don't get me wrong, TLoU is in my top GOAT list, and I think it's better than Left Behind, but Left Behind was much tighter gameplay package.

D&S aren't on Lost Legacy, IIRC. I think it's a fresh team.

Plus there's no way ND didn't hear all the complaints about too much climbing.

My hopes are v high.

PS I still think all the climbing and soft adventuring is totally justified in UC4. For one thing, it's Drake's wind-down adventure (he's older, etc). But more importantly, Straley was evidently committed to placing gunfights only where gunfights made sense. As far as I know this is the first video game in history to do that. Not a single bit of combat was shoehorned in where it didn't make sense. Even if it led to some weird pacing, I think it's totally admirable and worth commending.
Totally agree with the bolded.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I just beat this and man I'm blown away. Amazing last 10 or so chapters. Definitely has a slow start but shit once you get to the Volcano area it really starts to pick up the pace.

The way this game ends might be my favorite ending to a video game ever. I gotta think about it more but I can't think of anything that tops what I just saw.
that fucking epilogue!!! So good! One thing I was really hoping to see was Sam show up on the boat or something, but I can't fault the game for not doing it that way. I almost got teary eyed when the camera panned around after you're playing crash bandicoot trying to beat Eleanas score and you see you've been playing as their daughter and immediately realize you're 15 or so years into the future. Blew me away I tell ya!!

What an amazing game this was and my god does it get absolutely stunning looking towards the end.

Really excited for Lost Legacy now. Game has a lot to live up too if it's gonna be on the same level as UC4.

I thought the game was great all around. I found the combat to be worse for whatever reason. I played the others on hard, and for some reason I felt more restricted playing this one on hard. Like I couldn't have as much "fun" with it. The stealth mechanics are sweet and almost make up for that though. Story was amazing. Way better than any of the other UC games. The villains were great too. Most memorable cast for me.

I thought the game was great all around. I found the combat to be worse for whatever reason. I played the others on hard, and for some reason I felt more restricted playing this one on hard. Like I couldn't have as much "fun" with it. The stealth mechanics are sweet and almost make up for that though. Story was amazing. Way better than any of the other UC games. The villains were great too. Most memorable cast for me.

You'll have more fun playing on normal.

Socivol

Super late to this game and I'm loving it for the most part. I am super shitty at the gunplay and some of the mechanics are weird but the story and the graphics are great. I ended up getting the game on Ebay for $15 and I'm having a great time with it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Didn't feel like making another LTTP thread, but I just finished it after off and on play since launch last summer. Took me so long as I played on Crushing my first run and there were some encounters with such horrible checkpointing that I would abandon the game for months after frustration.

Finally cleared it this weekend with some near controller throwing moments. Chapter 13 and 20 were probably the biggest bullshit fights in the game. So many of the problems with the combat stick out on crushing, but it probably is a very enjoyable time with less fragility. Just hard to take risks and be an acrobatic superhero, but I wanted the challenge out of the gate so it's on me.

Ended up enjoying it overall. Won't spoil the story, but I don't think it stands up to 2 or even maybe 3. Acting and production was exquisite but the narrative core didn't resonate quite as well given this adventure was clouded with guilt, lies, and apologies.

Looking forward to Chloe this month now.

Dude visually you haven't seen a thing, the opening is pretty tame even, you are not gonna believe how stunning it looks the more you progress

Yeah I was almost a bit disappointed graphically by the first 5 chapters or so. And then comes Scotland and man oh man.

I did not enjoy the game a lot but it was worth it just because of the "photographer simulator" included with it.

I platinum'd the game in a weekend! I haven't played the single player since. I should play it again in preparation for The Lost Legacy.

so i game at a snails pace, bought this at launch and have yet to finish it because i play about 30 games at the same time...retro and modern

should i finish the game before the new dlc campaign is released?

or is the DLC a prequel and it doesnt matter?

Ricky_R

so i game at a snails pace, bought this at launch and have yet to finish it because i play about 30 games at the same time...retro and modern

should i finish the game before the new dlc campaign is released?

or is the DLC a prequel and it doesnt matter?

TLL takes places after UC4 if I'm not mistaking. Either way, they aren't really connected.

Still, you should finish UC4 already or you probably won't if you begin TLL.

Top Bottom