• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts games coming to GOG.com, out now [6 to start, 14+ more games to follow]

Pudge

I wonder if GOG has tried pursuing the kids games market as well

I spent so many hours with that stupid thing. Great minigame collection.

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but they put a countdown timer up on the main GoG site. It's set to end at 10AM EST.

nickcv

Came here for day of the tentacle and leaving disappointed...

I also still can't believe that there is no way to buy really old games like Loom and Zak McCracken

Edit: Ok loom is on steam, my bad!

Came here for day of the tentacle and leaving disappointed...

I also still can't believe that there is no way to buy really old games like Loom and Zak McCracken

This is only 6 out of 30 of the games GOG will be releasing over the next few months though.

I would be shocked if DOTT, ZAK & LOOM weren't amongst the other 24.

Hopefully LOOM & ZAK will be the fmtowns versions

Minsc

Gold Member
It's been available on Steam for a while now but I realize some people would rather have the GOG version.

Did the Steam version of The Dig have some sort of issue running in ScummVM, or am I confusing it for another game? I remember some LucasArts game on Steam being re-released, but with some files injected that made it incompatible with ScummVM... though I could be totally wrong.

What is wrong with that version?

To fit in the audio, they cut large amounts of dialogue, removed alternate puzzle solutions and close up portraits. I think they also removed one of the ending scenes you got from clearing the game on expert. I think there were other problems too, but that's what I remember

WillyFive

The best of both worlds for the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games would be to have the 3D Accelerated graphics and the original music (with the option to turn on CD music if one wants to).

Warning to people: X-Wing is HARD.

I never finished the game.

Didn't stop me from logging hundreds of hours into it.

cj_iwakura

FATE OF ATLANTIS AND TIE FIGHTER!?

1323642517223.gif

Lime

Did the Steam version of The Dig have some sort of issue running in ScummVM, or am I confusing it for another game? I remember some LucasArts game on Steam being re-released, but with some files injected that made it incompatible with ScummVM... though I could be totally wrong.

You are right. The Steam versions are incompatible with ScummVM. I think this applies to The Dig, Loom, and the two Indy games.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
X-Wing. Once you go TIE, you'll never go back.

The Dig is the best LA adventure game. I've played them all, and it's not even close.

I too have played them all and it isn't the worst, I will grant you that, I really can't stand the boring characters and Myst-like puzzles and the dull, brown world. Oh right and the best is Day of the Tentacle.

Woorloog

Banned
The Dig is an excellent scifi game and story if you ask me. Ignoring the ending(s), which are a bit of deus ex machina.
Such alien world, with convincing feeling.

Norci7

Gonna buy Kotor because the Steam version crashes all the time. I hope they will release other classics as well, like X-Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron 3D, Shadows of the Empire and the Rebel Assault series.

JoV

And it is actually harder than TIE Fighter, from what i've heard (i can't recall about my own experience with it, that was way too long ago), though the latter has reputation as being difficult.

Yeah, it's much harder than Tie Fighter.

Tie Fighter is not too bad. A couple of missions can be tricky to work out which ships you need to prioritise to protect. There is a command where you can target the nearest attacker of you current target. Using that and wingman commands becomes vital. Also not making yourself a target when the enemy fighters have proton torpedoes and missiles. They can really ruin your day...

But once you have that down its not that tough. Not unless you really want to go after all the bonus mission goals. I played through it not long ago, modded to run in the X-Wing Alliance engine, and the game is still as fun now as it was back in the day. Looking forward to doing it all over again tomorrow.

Warning to people: X-Wing is HARD.

I actually think the very end of TIE Fighter (enemies of the empire) on Hard is harder. I remember a mission (last?) which was a gigantic mine field, and for some reason you were flying a shitty ass TIE (instead of one of those swankier shielded TIE).

But, yeah - finishing the training on xwing is a bitch - and the trench run is a super bitch.

God. What did I spend my childhood on.

Finally this day comes!

I'm excited to revisit Tie Fighter. Hopefully Outlaws and Curse of Monkey Island will be released, I only ever played the demo disc versions of those.

And hopefully this will be the first version of KOTOR that actually runs properly on a machine that I own.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man do I need to buy a joystick for the first time in like a decade now? I must tie fighter.

JoV

...you what now?

Its called the Tie Fighter Total Conversion mod. Its not massively stable, and it took me the best part of a weekend to get it to work. You need a copy of both games to do it.

Not sure its still being worked on though.

Top Bottom