• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M2 President says "Contact Square Enix if you want Seiken Densetsu 3 in English"

The fact M2 took the time to reply and told fans to ask SE for this is just one more reason they're awesome. Anyways, did my part:

K9eft8X.jpg

Did my part, and Tweeted to Square's NA and JP accounts, along with Nintendo of America asking for a localized version. Also Tweeted to M2 asking if the first two games will have English options, since they already exist.

hongcha

This might work if it were any company other than SE. They wouldn't even localise their own DQ7 and DQ8 for 3DS. Maybe Nintendo will step in and "help" them with this too (that's probably the only chance we'll have).

This was the only game I ever imported for SNES. Would love to finally finish it with a proper translation (although I found the fan translation to be serviceable).

Let's make it happen!

Its not gonna happen the M2 tweets said ask square if they have the translation of the game which im pretty sure they don't. They not saying ask square to green light them to translate the game from scratch. Very low chance square is gonna now in 2017 translate SFC game of a niche series.

Nairume

Banned
Its not gonna happen the M2 tweets said ask square if they have the translation of the game which im pretty sure they don't. They not saying ask square to green light them to translate the game from scratch. Very low chance square is gonna now in 2017 translate SFC game of a niche series.
Square literally just did exactly that with an even more niche sfc game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Please refer to Before sending your inquiry.
*This is corporate information-related inquiry form.
For inquiries regarding Square Enix Group products and services, please refer to this page

Makes me wonder if we are submitting the claim to the right department. I feel like it is.

@MUWANdo

Banned

Read those tweets again, they literally said they could create a translated version if S-E asks (pays them) to do it.

They've done it before for games like Monster World 4, they've even written games from scratch for retro hardware, they could do this shit in their sleep.

Square literally just did exactly that with an even more niche sfc game.

They did? Which one? Romancing SaGa 2? That's a niche remake of an old game but it's not the original SFC version so I wouldn't really put it in the same category as this.

Nairume

Banned
They did? Which one? Romancing SaGa 2? That's a niche remake of an old game but it's not the original SFC version so I wouldn't really put it in the same category as this.
RS2 is barely even a remake, and my point still stands that they bothered doing it at all. M2 makes it sound like they are capable and willing to work on SD3. They just need the go ahead.

udivision

Couldn't you replace "M2 President' with anyone who knows that Square Enix owns/made Seiken 3?

Like, the source for this quote could be any random gaf poster and the situation and call to action would be the same, no?

Not sure if signing the petition will actually make a difference, but I am more than willing to pay for a localized version of the Mana Collection game. Secret of Mana multiplayer on the go with the Joycons... Yes please.

Nairume

Banned
Couldn't you replace "M2 President' with anyone who knows that Square Enix owns/made Seiken 3?

Like, the source for this quote could be any random gaf poster and the situation and call to action would be the same, no?
I imagine somebody with an actual connection to the compilation project would rate higher in terms of getting people to listen to them than "person on a forum"

At the least, it suggests m2 thinks they can handle the technical side of a possible localization.

@MUWANdo

Banned
RS2 is barely even a remake, and my point still stands that they bothered doing it at all. M2 makes it sound like they are capable and willing to work on SD3. They just need the go ahead.

From a technical perspective it's an unambiguous remake, which matters a lot when it comes to the logistics of localising a game.

The source matters because it invalidates some of the excuses/rationalisations for why similar re-releases aren't localised, ie "we can't/don't want to figure out how to localise a decades-old ROM". M2 can do it, they want to do it, the ball is squarely in S-E's court.

120v

i think if SE "remembered" how big Secret of Mana was back in the 90s they'd be inclined to localize. for a pre-FF7 jrpg it was pretty big in the west

buzzth

I could imagine, in typical Nintendo support fashion by Square, Nintendo could end up publishing it just like they've done with Bravely Default and DQ.

Raitaro

Argh, why is this thread not picking up more steam!

Anyway, I sent a message using their web form and I signed the petition earlier as well. Hopefully this will happen! Would be a dream come true for sure.

Tonyx

Secret of Mana 2 in English would be really great. Not sure how many people would buy a Switch for this... but it would sell well for sure.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder. I've played this game before but from what I've played, I didn't really like it as much (think I had a problem with the balance?). I still did prefer Secret of Mana.

Though if it does come out stateside, I hope it won't end up like Type-0 (very high hype, disappointing feedback).

Sakujou

Banned
Squeenix I'll put my hand up to by an obscenely priced squeenix store exclusive LE.

haha, and there it comes, a 200€ priced LE exclusively for you.

it would be great, if SE would really sell a big ass tree with that game for 1mio.

The iPetition reached over 200 signatures over the course of a day. It's progress!

Hopefully that grows more when more people learn about this.

Brandson

In high school in the 90's, I asked a friend of mine to bring me back the SFC cart of this from Japan (and Bahamut Lagoon) when he went there one Summer. I played through SD3 with some printed out translations of a few important details back then, and then loaned it to a friend who was also delighted to be able to play it. Even without being able to read it directly, it's still one of my favourite games of all time.

I still have it, in more or less mint condition. It's one of my most prized games in my collection. I would love to get an official English version of this on Switch.

I can't get over how perfect a game series this would be for Switch. Any and all SNES emulation is going to be awesome on this thing, and these titles are seriously some of the most amazing examples of it. The portability, the joycons for co-op, everything.

Top Bottom