• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Catz files for bankruptcy, company is shutting down

I recall telling Markman one year at E3 (KI Launch).

That i always associated Mad Catz with trash quality until i bought the SF4 original TE.

Some how he made a wack ass company pretty damn relevant again and in the FGC.

Mad Catz Products were all over the place.

Mad Catz arcade sticks are the shit. Incredible products.

Skilletor

Why not? I've heard that the TE2+ are really nice sticks and are extremely popular within the community. I never got one because they were impossible to get from a very limited supply I'm guessing. I ended up with a HORI Kai with the Hayabusa buttons and might be looking into getting the Qanba Obsidian.

TE2+ have lots of PCB issues. Several people on GAF have gone through more than one trying to get a stick that works.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
TE2+ have lots of PCB issues. Several people on GAF have gone through more than one trying to get a stick that works.

The te2+ has a pretty bad rep here but for what it's worth, mine or my friend's haven't experienced any issues with our sticks, and I've beat the hell out of mine.

I don't doubt that there were probably some with pcb issues, but I don't think it's fair to paint the whole lot with this problem.

robot

Their sticks peaked with the SFxT line imo - the heavier model was built like a tank and could connect to another for a 2p panel. A shame that bracket was so tough to find. I have their Persona Ultimax stick but it's not nearly as good as their previous models. And it was more money iirc.

Sad to see them go but you could see it
coming. Can't imagine their Ouya clone did them any favors.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
What a bummer, I own 4 of their sticks never had an issue with one they all still work flawlessly.

Dali

9G0Nz.jpg

RIP
Lmao. This is so true. I guess they made it this long because their garbage controllers were priced appropriately for the garbage they are and people just couldn't resist.

Skilletor

The te2+ has a pretty bad rep here but for what it's worth, mine or my friend's haven't experienced any issues with our sticks, and I've beat the hell out of mine.

I don't doubt that there were probably some with pcb issues, but I don't think it's fair to paint the whole lot with this problem.

YMMV. I've heard enough that I wouldn't recommend them. Especially on a defunct company with no customer service and no chance for replacement. There are enough sticks out that are the same price or cheaper that don't have these issues.

I'd say avoid buying a te2+ unless you're ready ready to replace the pcb or get it super cheap.

DrkSage

Dam :( rip

I used to own this bad boys until a couple of years and they still worked
114d2f5.jpg

The day my parents bought me this was the most amazing day to me as a kid

night814

People would rather pay full MSRP for a controller they know will work well out of the box then take the risk for buttons and sticks that just don't feel right or outright don't work.

I see people liked their fighting sticks but as someone who doesn't use them I won't miss them. Last madcatz product I had was an N64 controller where they joystick popped off after dropping it on carpet.

Hydrus

Dam :( rip

I used to own this bad boys until a couple of years and they still worked
114d2f5.jpg

The day my parents bought me this was the most amazing day to me as a kid

Lol I had this too. Worked great in the beginning, than once the cord started getting kinked, it would cut the power to the GBA and I'd lose everything I played. Ended up ripping the cord out of frustration one day lmao.

Top Bottom