• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

NR1

Does the Black and Chrome blu-ray come with a slip cover? My Amazon order arrived today without a slipcover... seems odd since the original Blu and the UHD both have slipcovers.

R-User!

Does the Black and Chrome blu-ray come with a slip cover? My Amazon order arrived today without a slipcover... seems odd since the original Blu and the UHD both have slipcovers.

Amazon can be tricky, but from what I've experienced in the past, if the main picture of the front of the box doesn't look like it has 90 degree angles (i.e. rectangular corners), then it probably WON'T come sleeved; but conversely if it is rectangular and your buying from Amazon direct (not third party Fullfilled by Amazon), then usually it does come like the picture.

The weird thing for this Black and Chrome edition is that the picture for the rear view looks like the back of a sleeve, but the front picture looks rounded....

the scene where theyre in the sandstorm is unreal.
Yeah, the new colors make it look like a new experience. Blu-ray.com's review said HDR made the flames stand out and look like CGI, I can kind of see where they are coming from but at the same time I think they were exaggerating.

uh yeh i didnt read the review but now that i recall, i think i had the same thought about the flames.

but yeh, the new color gamut is a bigger deal for me than 4k or HDR.

Magnus

Way LTTP on this film, but finally just saw it with my BF. Friend lent us the 3D Bluray. Looked and felt fucking amazing. I really regret not seeing this in theatres. Will jump on it if it appears in theatres again.

Our 3D glasses died halfway through (lol) so we had to switch to 2D for the rest of the film, but damn, still looked amazing.

I'm actually bummed we had no way to watch a 4K/HDR version. We have a great TV for it, but no UHD player or disc. This film deserved that if possible. Shot beautifully.

And while I respect the director's vision of.wanting black/white, fuck did this film ever look glorious in full colour. Before I ever even knew that was his vision, I was thinking to myself how wonderful it was that this film was so rich with colour.

Just watched this, amazing. I'm really, really surprised.
I thought the scenery would get old pretty soon but they managed to keep it varied and interesting, and so colorful and beautiful too. Action scenes on point, and really cool world and lore.

That "remember me?" scene was so satisfying.

MaKTaiL

Guys, I've seen the movie when it came out a d loved it but I started playing the game a few days ago. One thing I still can't understand about the world of Mad Max is: how can the whole water in the world dry like that and simply vanish? I can't see how sand would take over everything like that in just a few years. Max is 40 years old tops, if he lived before everything went to hell, how come there are people older than him that were born with radiation anomalies? I still can't get my head around this. It's driving me nuts. Can someone kindly explain it to me? PS.: I never watched the original trilogy.

Top Bottom