• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 360 league interest.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Can you go a week without flip flopping on your 360/PS3 bias? :lol

:lol

Its getting beyond annoying,its bad enough he does it in the forum,but I get it on aim too :(

Yes I'm getting the game and using the Texans.

Fifty

Seriously...and now you want us to make you feel good about your purchase :lol

How about this idea...Wait for reviews. Wait for real impressions! No point freaking out before you know all the facts bobby

I plan on purchasing it, of course, because it's next-gen madden, but since I didn't put money down on it, obviously I have the freedom not to buy it if it sucks, and same with you.

My only bias is to demand excellence out of games and right now Madden is a big disappointment.

you haven't even played the game yet, how can you already be disappointed?

p.s. sign onto AIM so you can get your hurtin in madden xbox! stop hiding like you always do!

by the way, for anyone on the fence, i will be getting madden regardless of what i hear beforehand, so i can let everyone know if its the real deal or not. i'm sure at least a few other people will be able to give legit impressions at launch as well

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll probably be on the fence with it. I definitly would want to be in a league, but if the game ends up as crap, I can hold out on the purchase. The one video I saw a few weeks back had strange animations. Hope that's fixed.

Rorschach

This is the game that's going to sell me a 360.

The flip flop thing is way out of hand. One day, "OMG 360 ROCKS FUCK Y'ALL!" The next day, "FUCK 360! ONE CONSOLE FUTURE"

You're going to sit here and tell me that because of the Madden info you saw yesterday, all of a sudden all the hype you put towards all those other games is null and void? You'll get the 360 day 1 and you'll be trolling any other console threads talkin' 'bout "YOU COULD BE PLAYING NEXT GEN NOW!" and "LAST GEN SUX! GET WITH THE TIMES!"

PS: 60 fps?! Might as well be playing the ps2 version amirite!

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Are you in the league or not? Buying the game and joining the league are two different things.

I want to see league interest. Not if you are buying the game only.

You don't need to justify your Xbox 360 purchase to me.
What the hell are you talking about? I don't even know if I'm 100% sold on the 360 yet. There's nothing wrong with being indecisive, but you're always on one extreme or the other.

I am in the league as long as it's an FMT, Fifty, or DM league.

If you're saying you're starting a league, I'll wait for someone else to start one.

fellas, there is no question about it for me, i'm getting the game on day 1 and we're going to have a league. whether expansive leagues are in the cards through EA (apparently the 360 version has "exclusive" online features), or whether we have to do leaguedaddy, there is going to be a league. whether we have 8, 10, 12 or however many players we will have a league.

i suspect people are curious/disappointed/etc at the announcements yesterday. i don't really give a shit whether it is being reported to be running @ 30 fps, 60 fps, 75 fps or whatever, i'm going to see for myself how the game plays. it is pointless to speculate and get down on it at this point.

we'll find out in less than a month!

DCX

DCX
TomStrong said:
:lol :lol I just read were EA took out the cone passing for the 360 version. Kon will love this news.
I think they give people the option not to use it...not sure. i read somewhere where you can use the passing cone if you wanted to.

DCX

Marmaduke

Banned
Well, I haven't pre-ordered a 360, so if I can manage to find one come launch day and a copy of Madden, then yes, I'm in. If not, I'll be in by Season 2 for sure.

Fifty

I just saw the 1up Show's piece on this game and it just might have rekindled my love for Madden. I'm about as burned out as one can be on the current gen game, but this looks great, and doing a league daddy league with it, provided we could at least 10 people, would be incredible.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Welp, Madden 06 aint BC with the 360, so i MAY be getting the 360 version. I know im getting PGR3 with the 360, and then its a toss up between Madden and PDZ. Either way ill have madden by christmas...

Fuck you EA

Fifty

Ok......time to start again.

Now that the game is actually being sold, who's in? Post here as you get the game, or if you know you're going to be getting a 360 and the game at launch, or shortly thereafter.

1. Fifty
2. Mr Bob
3. FMT
4. Ice

Fifty

Aren't you a big Raiders fan?

Anyway, we'll do team selection later and I'm guessing it'll be more like season 1 where the regs got their favorite teams than the mess that season 2 was.

Fifty said:
Aren't you a big Raiders fan?

Anyway, we'll do team selection later and I'm guessing it'll be more like season 1 where the regs got their favorite teams than the mess that season 2 was.

Yeah but then you got Ramirez and Rors always fighting over them...it acctually IS my turn to use them. So either way Raiders or Panthers.

Mrbob

I'm in for sure as long as I find a system. Have my copy of Madden 360 like fiddy.

I know DM and Matrix will be in too as long as they get systems.

CB3

I might very well be in. If i am, you know who i want :)

And if not,
San Diego, SuperChargers....

Fifty

Jesiatha said:
I'm in. Can I have the Seahawks?

I can't promise you that. I'm just finding out who's interested in the playing in a league. As always, there's a chance you won't get "your" team, because certain teams are more popular than others. Glad to have you in though.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I already bought Madden 360, so I am in but I just need to find a Xbox 360. I am going up to Walmart for the midnight launch with the hopes of getting one.

Yeah but then you got Ramirez and Rors always fighting over them...it acctually IS my turn to use them. So either way Raiders or Panthers.

:lol ramirez always wants to use the raiders? news to me!

seriously ramirez, i think people just plug you into whatever tendencies they know of on GA (ea whore for every sport, fan of whatever team, etc)

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol ramirez always wants to use the raiders? news to me!

seriously ramirez, i think people just plug you into whatever tendencies they know of on GA (ea whore for every sport, fan of whatever team, etc)

:lol I just noticed that. Because a Hines Ward Avatar = Raiders Fan!

Well if you remember Season 1 I was supposed to play Ramirez for the Raiders when Rors and Ramirez suddenly played for then so I stuck with the Jets.

Season 2 Rors got his Raiders so I stuck with the Panthers.

This season I want the Raiders.

oops, ok I got confused. Nevermind. Carry on, Sorry Ramirez, thats right hes the one who quit in week 2 and came back a week later.

Jesiatha

Fifty said:
I can't promise you that. I'm just finding out who's interested in the playing in a league. As always, there's a chance you won't get "your" team, because certain teams are more popular than others. Glad to have you in though.

I understand. Although, if you do get me the hawks, I'll make sure everyone who gets the non-retard pack gets a free game ;).

Fifty

By the power invested upon me as co-commish of the Madden league.....I hereby grant Jesiatha the Seahawks

*runs*

edit: I just talked to DJ Demon..he's in as the Skins.

So as of now (pending finding an xbox for some)

1. Fifty (Ravens)
2. Mr Bob (Bears)
3. FMT (Niners)
4. DJ Demon (Redskins)
5. Matrix
6. Gunstar
7. Azyuma (Packers)
8. DMczaf (Bucs)
9. Icedragon (Raiders)
10 Jesiatha

I think it's safe to say we'll be able to have a league on the 360. FMT helped us all out by paying for the league daddy subscription and I don't think we can expect him to pay by himself once again..I'll let him comment on that ;)

CB3

Well for me its more of a, do i really want to shell out more money for madden for the second time this year rather than getting a 360. If i have enough money left on launch day ill be getting it. And if i dont ill have it by the end of the year, so count me in

Top Bottom