• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 360 league interest.

Fifty

Sounds like a fun challenge for my man Rolle

p1_Rolle.jpg

050406rolle.jpg

"I beat my wife, I can beat you one on one"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
am i the only one who never used the manual double team? if i want to double a receiver, i'll pick the play from the start. STOP BEING PUSSIES!

but seriously i did use hot blitzing :(

I didnt manual double much but I did hot blitz a ton...oh well MADDEN O7!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
am i the only one who never used the manual double team? if i want to double a receiver, i'll pick the play from the start. STOP BEING PUSSIES!

but seriously i did use hot blitzing :(
What if they switch the receiver positions and you know you have to double cover the top receiver that smokes every 1 on 1 coverage known to man?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hardly ever abused people with AJ,maybe once and awhile...I have the gift to throw deep to all my WR's :D

Now my D is going to suffer bigtime and im using the Texans *shudders*

I don't like not being able to manual double team... I used that a lot. Madden 360 doesn't sound too great for that reason alone. Just seems fucking lazy not to have that stuff in.

Ramirez

Well it should be in,but I never used it,so no big deal to me...if you want to double team you could always just take the safety thats deep and really manually cover the WR :p

What if they switch the receiver positions and you know you have to double cover the top receiver that smokes every 1 on 1 coverage known to man?

X + Black (R2 now?) is your friend (it will flip your defensive play, so the double team flips from the X to the Y receiver)

also, i think we can all agree madden 06 360 is more of a tune up for what will be in the future. the graphics look great but a lot of features are missing. i can live with it for this year

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
copied from the main 360 launch topic:

"heh...heheh....heh...

Add me to the "oops, we didn't call you, but your August reserve is now for the 2nd shipment, to be delievered "eh, sometime after tomorrow"

Not sure what this does to the league or not, when is it to be decided when it starts or not?

And no, I don't plan on waiting in line, it's raining here, and probably will be for the rest of the day and night. And I work. And it's not THAT important.

I'm so pissed. The staff at 360 zero hour were unable to recover and link my Xbox Live gamertag to the 360. They tried about 6 times on sunday then about 3 times today. So iceDragon7 is officially dead. My new gamertag is now

Gamertag - SoCaLiRaider

I wouldn't mind getting in on this. My copy of Madden arrives tomorrow and my 360 arrives on Wednesday, both via UPS. Apparently Best Buy thought it was fitting to ship the game a day early to fuck with my head. I also don't have a gamertag since I never owned the original xbox.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Like FMT, I always just used designed plays. In fact, I never ever remember purposely double teaming any receiver, Moss and TO included. The one thing I used to do is I would call zones and it would leave the left or right flats open, so I'd hot route a lineman to pull off to the side and defend that area. I can do that manually though (assuming they give Osi Umenyiora the ratings boost he deserves). Hell, a lot of you guys know how good my D is even with a not so good defensive team, so I guess it works.

I was playing Madden offline the other day and got a user pick with Strahan like that. :lol

Fifty

I'm back from my xbox adventure.....crazy night. got my premium......so tired though. I'll have impressions of madden 360 tonight

Ramirez

Grats on your system mang,my Wal-Mart didn't have Madden or Live,I was so dissapointed :(

So how did the rest of the crew make out,FMT,DM,Matrix,Wellie,HG get a system?

Matrix

Congrats Fifty :D

Ram,you need to read the Walmart.com no bundles thread in the Gaming-forum to find out my situation
:lol

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I got Madden today but no 360 :(

Yea I have the game sitting infront of me and nothing to play it on :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm picking it later due to me having $55 credit at gamestop and yes, I have a 360, but no, I will not play in your pitty league :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ram forgets I suck at Madden vs. you guys

Perhaps with a new engine it would've been a new playing field but nah

Matrix

Is it true you cant change the camera angles? People in the team xbox forums are reporting this.I dont care cause I play default,but I think Fifty uses a different camera cause he plays CB...wtf EA.

you can't change the camera? that's bullcrap. i hate the fucking default view

p.s. i didn't get a 360, god knows when i will get one! but i do have madden 360 here!

Well, the camera stays in default mode unless you tap the LT button. Then it zooms out for a better view and stays that way for 1 play.

I love my 360 <3

I want more arcade games =(

I tried playing some random guy on Live but his connection was too laggy. Got to try with someone else.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. i didn't get a 360, god knows when i will get one! but i do have madden 360 here!

Don't feel bad, I didn't get one either!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:

That makes 3 of us! but i know people who do so im ok

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
X + Black (R2 now?) is your friend (it will flip your defensive play, so the double team flips from the X to the Y receiver)

also, i think we can all agree madden 06 360 is more of a tune up for what will be in the future. the graphics look great but a lot of features are missing. i can live with it for this year
I should have been clear I was talking about 3 or 4 wide. :p Moss as my Y receiver = burn ;)

So, anyone else have both madden and a 360? :lol

Fifty

I do. But I haven't played more than 2 games of it because all my other games are much more entertaining right now :D I bet I'll enjoy Madden more in a bit, but right now I'm ODing on PGR 3, C0D 2 and the bloody terrifying Condemned. I'll use Madden as a cool-down game at first I suppose :)

Those 2 games of Madden weren't bad, and they had plenty of potential from what I saw...but between all the changes to the pace of the gameplay and the features taken away, plus new controls, it was enough to make me want to take a break and come back to it later. Needless to say, I wasn't blown away. Obviously there's a good chance this opinion will change as I get used to the game, so don't go saying you don't want to participate in madden 360 after these basic impressions.

Fifty

No, of course leagues aren't built in. I didn't think you were going to get this game anyway. I don't doubt that C0D 2 is a better game though.

Drey1082

Hey, i'm up for the league when you guys get it started. I have my copy of madden, but my 360 is still in route. I ordered it through that Walmart deal, and it's been shipped, so it's only a matter of time.

Mrbob

Drey1082 said:
Hey, i'm up for the league when you guys get it started. I have my copy of madden, but my 360 is still in route. I ordered it through that Walmart deal, and it's been shipped, so it's only a matter of time.

Cool. We probably won't start the league for a couple weeks until everyone can get their system.

newsguy

Fifty or anyone else who got Madden. does your contoller rumble? I went to personal setting through the guide and enabled rumble and Madden does not rumble. CoD2 and Condemned work fine... WTF?

newsguy

Yeah, I pretty much agree with those impressions (especially the bad DB play). I can't for the life of me stop the deep ball cause no matter how good the coverage or how good I time my jump, the reciever always gets the upper hand (literally). No rumble sucks mainly because it's nice to feel the big hits. Thankfully I rented this from gamefly cause if I bought it for the league and we didn't play the league cause of no stats I would've been pissed.

Fifty

Someone in a later post said there was indeed a stats screen, hidden deep within the menu system! I'm putting on my spelunking gear in a bit and going to look for it.

Ramirez

I've only played 1 and 1/2 games but I've stopped every deep ball and have yet to complete in deep pass,so :p I'm loving the game so far.

Ramirez

Well I'm using the Steelers of course...but I just got done playin the Colts a minute ago and the guy attempted alot of deep bombs to Harrison and only completed one,I picked him off 3 times,so bah :p

Fifty

Just letting everyone know that I got rid of the game today......I hated it. If there's still enough interest in a league by the time FMT gets a 360 I'm sure you people won't be left without any options, but I'm not going to be involved obviously. What a sad day it is.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Just letting everyone know that I got rid of the game today......I hated it. If there's still enough interest in a league by the time FMT gets a 360 I'm sure you people won't be left without any options, but I'm not going to involved obviously. What a sad day it is.

Your feeling is shared with pretty much everyone else. I only played one game, but it was pretty meh.

Matrix

Heh the game doesnt seem that bad to me,then again I only played two quarters on all-pro.My bro tried to throw deep on me twice,picked him off both times manually playing CB.

Top Bottom