• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

Since this has been bumped, I want to say that the last two updates to the game have really brought it. In particular, Draft Champuons got two great modes.

First they added Ranked play, which costs you 9000 of your MUT coins to play, which has improved the seriousness in which randoms take the mode. Second, they added Play-a-Friend, so you can now draft a team and play your buddies. It is probably the greatest way to play one off games with teams that feel personal, yet are going to be relatively even.

The worst draft Iv had was a 79 OVR team, while the best has been an 83 OVR TEAM. BUT 90% of the time they are rated 81 or 82. But where you choose to allocate the 15 players you get, and what positions get elite players defines the style you have, as well as your strengths and weaknesses. It's a great way to play.

Since this has been bumped, I want to say that the last two updates to the game have really brought it. In particular, Draft Champuons got two great modes.

First they added Ranked play, which costs you 9000 of your MUT coins to play, which has improved the seriousness in which randoms take the mode. Second, they added Play-a-Friend, so you can now draft a team and play your buddies. It is probably the greatest way to play one off games with teams that feel personal, yet are going to be relatively even.

The worst draft Iv had was a 79 OVR team, while the best has been an 83 OVR TEAM. BUT 90% of the time they are rated 81 or 82. But where you choose to allocate the 15 players you get, and what positions get elite players defines the style you have, as well as your strengths and weaknesses. It's a great way to play.

Oh wow I had no idea they added play a friend. I'll definitely get back into it then... I figured they'd add that next year.

I'd love to have micro-seasons with Draft Champions with friends. Like a 4-8 man round-robin tournament, and with some carry over from season to season... Like you get to keep 1 player or something from your team.

Hoping they continue to expand on it.

any ps4 players interested in joining the hottest 32 man league on the internet!? PM me or visit the thread! we are finishing up season 2 (playoffs start tonight) we we'll be starting season 3 in about a week or so. so far, the redskins are open... maybe the chargers too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097361

Oh god, I can't wait to play more 4 verts, Alshon Jeffery in the slot on every play based offenses!

Oh wow I had no idea they added play a friend. I'll definitely get back into it then... I figured they'd add that next year.

I'd love to have micro-seasons with Draft Champions with friends. Like a 4-8 man round-robin tournament, and with some carry over from season to season... Like you get to keep 1 player or something from your team.

Hoping they continue to expand on it.

The way it works is that you draft a team, and then you get a list of all your friends that have drafted teams. If they are online, then you can select to play them. You have the same goals of winning six games or losing twice before starting over.

They also let you redraft and start over every 24 hours. Seems a little unnecessary, but it keeps you from re-drafting over and over until you get exactly what you want. But you still aren't stuck with a team long term.

But yeah, I think they could make it even better. It kind of has the flavor of what APFB 2K8 had, with a roster of basic skilled players supplemented by X number of solid players, ranging from good to legendary. We ran probably six seasons of APFB, and even set up a draft (using Google docs) so that we each ended up with different players.

Like APFB, there is a nice amount of risk/reward in choosing players. I've had to go with a basic QB (which I think some competitive guys are finding is a better way to go) and have a basic HB on my current team. I don't mean to, but I gambled I could get one later in my selections.

The only issue I have with Draft Champions, and I say this as someone that plays a ton of MUT, is that they really are using it as a way to draw more players into MUT than just as a standalone mode.

At least MUT has grown to a point where EA knows they will take in cash from the whales that like to collect, so that everyone else can really play without spending any cash. There are tons of solo challenges and the coins are really easy to come by. You don't need to spend money to improve your team, although it took awhile to crack 85 OVR, which is the main goal, as it unlocks dual styles.

My team is an 87 OVR now, with dual sales ratings of 98 on defense and 99 on offense. All it takes is grinding the solo challenges, in particular the weekly challenges, and building up a reserve of coins. Then you can snipe players in the auction, looking for guys that improve your OVR the most, and have the style points you are using. Just never, never use coins to buy packs. Never. You will get a ton of packs by completing the solo challenges.

I still like to play regular old Madden, with longer quarters and more sim sliders, but I do it far less than ever. MUT and Draft Champions are just better modes, and still strategic as hell.

Thinking about getting this (30€ PS4 digital).

I'm still new to football (no noob, but still not too familiar with tactics etc.), so is this any good?

I'm still new to football (no noob, but still not too familiar with tactics etc.), so is this any good?

Aside from the catching mechanics this year, this is probably the best madden to date. Worth it if you can find it for cheap and enjoy Ultimate team type games.

yeah, Madden is very good, and it's a good primer on learning the game of football. I'd suggest doing the training, you'll learn a lot.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trying to play MUT but the coin to pack price is crazy.

I'll be grinding forever to open 1 pack

I want to second that the changes to Draft Champions is awesome. It's setup very well in a round-robin type setup if you have a few friends. You're basically given 2 losses with your team, and if you lose twice to however many friends you play, you redraft. Will make for some fun games between my friends and I.

U2NUMB

So I just lost my franchise somehow... went to sim the pre season of 2018.. I have been a QB for the Vikings and doing very well... the pre season took forever to sim.. once it came back I was no longer on a team and listed as an HB in the upper corner. All I can do is Retire..

I would think I maybe picked the wrong thing to sim to but I watched it go through every pre season game in the sim screen... WTF

So I just lost my franchise somehow... went to sim the pre season of 2018.. I have been a QB for the Vikings and doing very well... the pre season took forever to sim.. once it came back I was no longer on a team and listed as an HB in the upper corner. All I can do is Retire..

I would think I maybe picked the wrong thing to sim to but I watched it go through every pre season game in the sim screen... WTF

That's most likely what you did. Kinda shitty but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of glitch. This years game is so glitchy on so many levels.

Hey Madden GAF!

n00b needs help: how the hell do I start a custom season just like in FIFA? 'ya know, pick a team & play a season without training/xp bs.

Top Bottom