• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

So my elite playmaker Gronk card I got at launch for pre-ordering is now a 70. I was surprised by that. My offense ran through him. I kinda suck and haven't played much in the 3d era of Madden. I'm a newbie without his go to crutch to throw to in traffic.

Just keep playing and learn your personnel and playbook. But if you need another gronk type player, Malcolm Floyd is pretty good and cheap. team of the week donte moncrief too. For TE, Vernon Davis is pretty good.

Just keep playing and learn your personnel and playbook. But if you need another gronk type player, Malcolm Floyd is pretty good and cheap. team of the week donte moncrief too. For TE, Vernon Davis is pretty good.

I have Davis, Fleener and Eifert at TE right now. I have the reg Donte right now.

Most of my guys are 80-83 types. I'm up to about 21,500 in coins. Should I save up for a special pack or just go shopping for cheap 80-ish players to round out my roster from top to bottom? I'm thinking about just buying one playmaker in the 85-89 range that I can afford.

My two top guys are Big Ben 87 and I just drew Julio today at 87.

I have Davis, Fleener and Eifert at TE right now. I have the reg Donte right now.

Most of my guys are 80-83 types. I'm up to about 21,500 in coins. Should I save up for a special pack or just go shopping for cheap 80-ish players to round out my roster from top to bottom? I'm thinking about just buying one playmaker in the 85-89 range that I can afford.

My two top guys are Big Ben 87 and I just drew Julio today at 87.

Packs are never worth the coin. I really just open packs with coins for the thrill but it's more efficient to just buy a card since there isn't that much of a risk of losing out on coins. So packs are high risk/low reward basically.

Thanks. Although I will probably never have enough coin to afford a Gronk as I get my butt whipped online.

Does anyone know what today's patch addresses?

Every year in madden there's always some kind of improvement somewhere and in other areas I wonder if they ever tested the game out

Every year in madden there's always some kind of improvement somewhere and in other areas I wonder if they ever tested the game out

They tested out MUT and Draft Champions I'm sure while neglecting the rest of the game. Those modes seem to be the only ones that actually had little to no issue at launch till now.

"Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues"

What are the odds that the problem with wind in Connected Franchise is still present? (e.g., every game has strong wind, every game wind blows from one endzone to the other)

GravyButt

Can someone explain in MUT how the long pass short pass ect works gp ect works? Does it really only effect those challenges or does it effect/boost stats to every player? Im so confused. Like i chose long pass at the beginning and id say half my team is lp and my score is "59" but I honestly don't notice any difference. Thanks!

Well, the more I play the worse they bump into each while lining up. And now I see legs getting tangled all the time after plays. Guys get up as other players walk over them and their legs usually get pushed up by a players shoulder.

Can someone explain in MUT how the long pass short pass ect works gp ect works? Does it really only effect those challenges or does it effect/boost stats to every player? Im so confused. Like i chose long pass at the beginning and id say half my team is lp and my score is "59" but I honestly don't notice any difference. Thanks!

Some of the notices may be small but they do make a difference. It honestly really only effects the good players where their ratings need to be pushed over a certain threshold. I believe that number for the stat is like 96 or something and that's when you start seeing differences. I could be wrong tho.

Anyway, the style score works like this. IIRC, 20 is +2, and then every 20 is another +1. I might be off by one but whatever. You don't get any bonuses for having 100 so it's best to stop at 80 and then you can plug in a player that doesn't match a style that you like to use or is better overall. The bonuses go to everybody on the team so let's say you have a LP style. Players that aren't LP still get those bonuses as long as they're in your lineup. I forgot what bonuses you get for LP but I think one of them is Pass Block. Try playing a game with no LP bonuses and then play one with them. I'm sure you will notice a difference because I use LP and i barely get sacked or pressured by all madden cpu.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So, draft champions. I've started going all in on O-Line and learned that for the most part they mix match positions. But for the next couple of rounds I may give that up and see where it takes me. On good days, it's just 6 yard runs all day. On bad days, it means I get 2 yards per run and I don't get sacked constantly. The only discernible difference I can see between having a playmaker RB (besides the whole playmaking thing) is whether or not I can run outside runs or not.

What I haven't doubled down on, is wtf to do with the defensive side. I'm drawing blanks. I don't know whether to draft linebackers and corner backs, or linebackers and linemen, or secondary and linemen, one weak link and it's just exploited all day. I've had the most success with amazing linemen and bad ass cornerbacks, but that tight end is killer. I'm truly at a loss.

If you land Gronk, you can go over the middle with even bad QB's with enough success to challenge very good CPU teams even if yours is shit overall. He is the biggest crutch to lean on in the entire game IMO.

GravyButt

Some of the notices may be small but they do make a difference. It honestly really only effects the good players where their ratings need to be pushed over a certain threshold. I believe that number for the stat is like 96 or something and that's when you start seeing differences. I could be wrong tho.

Anyway, the style score works like this. IIRC, 20 is +2, and then every 20 is another +1. I might be off by one but whatever. You don't get any bonuses for having 100 so it's best to stop at 80 and then you can plug in a player that doesn't match a style that you like to use or is better overall. The bonuses go to everybody on the team so let's say you have a LP style. Players that aren't LP still get those bonuses as long as they're in your lineup. I forgot what bonuses you get for LP but I think one of them is Pass Block. Try playing a game with no LP bonuses and then play one with them. I'm sure you will notice a difference because I use LP and i barely get sacked or pressured by all madden cpu.

Ahh alright thanks. That's actually funny because I get sacked all the damn time! I think im switching to gp (or whatever run block is) anyways though, im finding running much more fun to be honest.

How bad will switching at this point hurt since most of my team is Lp? I figure I can't get sacked more than I already do. Its just as easy as switching head coaches right? If things don't work out switch back? Just don't want to screw something up drastically.

Also anyone have a list of what all the lp sp and d stuff effects ? For some reason I thought LP effected something else than pass block. Didn't realize that was it.

mike6467

The unskippable TV presentation style is almost game breaking for me. It's insanely frustrating to have to sit around while it shows lineups and comments between plays.

I understand some people want that, but with no options to turn it off, or even an option to press X to skip (at least in Draft Champions from what I can tell) I'm not sure what remains is good enough for me to justify enduring that frustration every time. I want to play a football game, not a game that simulates the TV broadcast.

The unskippable TV presentation style is almost game breaking for me. It's insanely frustrating to have to sit around while it shows lineups and comments between plays.

I understand some people want that, but with no options to turn it off, or even an option to press X to skip (at least in Draft Champions from what I can tell) I'm not sure what remains is good enough for me to justify enduring that frustration every time. I want to play a football game, not a game that simulates the TV broadcast.

In most play modes you have a "quick presentation" setting, which skips everything... It's in Play now and franchise at least. Maybe Draft Champions doesnt have it but I'd be surprised...

Dubz

I'm trying to auction of a player but it says he's in my lineup. I've taken the player out of the lineup, but when I try and sell him it says the same thing. What do I need to do to remove a guy from the lineup and auction him off?

EDIT: figured it out.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm trying to auction of a player but it says he's in my lineup. I've taken the player out of the lineup, but when I try and sell him it says the same thing. What do I need to do to remove a guy from the lineup and auction him off?

its possible you didnt remove him from all positions he is in the line up for. For example, the WRs are also probably under KR and PR.

Also, Boogie Oogie, BOOGIE OOGIE OOIGE!

Playing create a player Strong Safety and the Bronco's won because Manning ran the ball. He had 46 yards on 6 runs while the RB only had 40.

GravyButt

Do you ever get any elite/good gold players from buying the pro packs for 7500 coins? Ive bought a few and usually gotten shit. But I just love the thrill of it but always get shit in return for my coins. Can never do anything useful with the cards you get either.

Do you ever get any elite/good gold players from buying the pro packs for 7500 coins? Ive bought a few and usually gotten shit. But I just love the thrill of it but always get shit in return for my coins. Can never do anything useful with the cards you get either.

I got an elite like once. Sean Smith. But I also got Hynoski who I sold for 50k but that was dumb because the price spiked to like 150k a couple days later lol.

GravyButt

Ahh damn!

Silly question but does anything in MUT carry over for the following years edition? Like coins or anything? Thought I read somewhere people suggested selling your mut team before the new version of madden came out but I couldn't really figure out why. Just figured maybe coins carried over? This is my first year with MUT so im clueless.

LJ11

Ahh damn!

Silly question but does anything in MUT carry over for the following years edition? Like coins or anything? Thought I read somewhere people suggested selling your mut team before the new version of madden came out but I couldn't really figure out why. Just figured maybe coins carried over? This is my first year with MUT so im clueless.

MUT is awesome, there will be growing pains but you'll learn the ropes slowly. EA runs loyalty programs that can help you when the new Madden releases but no, nothing transfers. You can sell your current team on Muthead for a virtual currency, you basically sell your team, collect the coins, then sell the coins to someone else for muthead coins. At the beginning of the new season, you have your mhc/mutheadcoins and you can use these coins to buy mut coins from someone else on muthead. This relies on the community not being shit stains.

Earlier you asked about pulling elites via pro packs, you can, you can pull just about anything. Is it smart to pull packs, probably not. Probability is really low that you'll get something good. Obviously the community needs to spend coins, or real money, to get players, but if you're trying to amass a good squad you need to keep your coins. One option available to you is to grind the Journey Solos, which also give you packs after a few games, so you can pull those packs. Try to pull packs when promos go up, every Monday afternoon and Friday. You get Team of the Week players on Monday, with a 48 hour limited Edition card, and Fridays is football outsiders with a 24 limited edition card. There are other promos, currently Breast Cancer awareness and Shefters Stars (new player every Thursday).

Best way to make coin is to work the auction house and grind some solos, do the Style/Gauntlet/Journey, you get some 90 overall players when you complete, and also receive packs. I prefer the auction house. At first you won't know wtf you're doing, and you're going to make mistakes, but once you know the market you'll start making money. Understand what cards go into what sets, don't do the sets, but understand what cards are needed. Search for the cards that go into sets and try to get them dirt cheap, a lot of guys don't know or follow set cards and post high priced cards for very little. Turn around and flip what you get, remember EA charges a 10% tax on anything you sell. Search with filters, learn the filters, you want to sort by newest or buy it now depending on what you're looking for. If its multiple cards withing a category then filter by newest. if its one specific card buy it now.

I want to give you an example of a trade I worked over the last couple of weeks. Football Outsiders promo from 3 weeks ago had a kicker, McManus, with 99 kick power. How much kicker power do you need? Long story short, I bought about 12 McManus cards for under 10k, heck you could have gotten him for 5k but I wasn't trying to go to low, I knew the card would be worth double what I was paying. So I bought 60k worth, and waited until the promo ran out. Once he was out of packs, his price doubled, and its almost tripled at this point. Everyone wants a 99 kicker, but now they have to pay double the price until EA releases a new one,

Visit muthead.com and mutmanager.com to check prices, muthead also had a message board. The community is filled with shits, but you find some good folks, if you need any help just PM me, I'll help you out.

Sorry for any grammar issues, or spelling, doing this on my phone. Mut is the only thing keeping me insterested in this series, last two games have been dog shit from a gameplay perspective.

Since there are so many new kickers in the NFL, they should issue more kicker cards so maybe the price of a good kicker will come down a bit. Rarity at this point is making the kicker market a bit nuts.

GravyButt

Thanks LJ that was an awesome post! I find myself seemingly wasting a lot of coins for small upgrades or just actual players I like. I never realized that about pulling packs on those certain days though. I guess if I do decide to get a thrill a waste coins on a pro pack then ill do it on those days. But do those guys lose their stats and lower to a 70 gold like my preorder elite peterson did :( still so butthurt over that

LJ11

Since there are so many new kickers in the NFL, they should issue more kicker cards so maybe the price of a good kicker will come down a bit. Rarity at this point is making the kicker market a bit nuts.
You can get Gay who has 94 kick power. Shit accuracy though.

mike6467

In most play modes you have a "quick presentation" setting, which skips everything... It's in Play now and franchise at least. Maybe Draft Champions doesnt have it but I'd be surprised...

Thank you! There wasn't a setting adjustable in-game as there was in the normal games, so I assumed it wasn't there. It was simply a matter of changing the global setting in the main menu. Much, much, much better.

GravyButt

Thank you! There wasn't a setting adjustable in-game as there was in the normal games, so I assumed it wasn't there. It was simply a matter of changing the global setting in the main menu. Much, much, much better.
Where do you see this setting? Looked and couldn't locate it. Please tell me it works in MUT, especially for challenges and gauntlet games.

mike6467

Where do you see this setting? Looked and couldn't locate it. Please tell me it works in MUT, especially for challenges and gauntlet games.

I just used the game speed setting in the settings menu (from the main menu, not from within any game). Draft Champions seems to use the global setting and not allow you to change from within.

Not sure about ultimate team, but when looking for a solution to this I noticing a LOT of people bitching about the challenges taking forever. Can't imagine I'll be fond of it either. I liked FUT, but having to sit through little fly aways to show your offensive line and listen to some anecdote you've already heard 10 times is brutal, there should be a way to switch it off immediately after the opening "this is the super bowl" interactive cutscene.

BobDylan

started a franchise recently with friends and the creator left on pre-existing injuries when it was made. we dont really want to redraft. anyone know a way to turn it back off or some kind of get around?

started a franchise recently with friends and the creator left on pre-existing injuries when it was made. we dont really want to redraft. anyone know a way to turn it back off or some kind of get around?

Nah, once it's created you can't change those settings unfortunately.

GravyButt

Wow didn't expect the team of the week to be so easy this week. Usually its a pretty simple win but they put up a decent effort. But man this week I literally blew them out of the water.

I need some elites but have no coins. Anyone want to donate me some elites on xb1 they dont use? I have some decent gold players :) I really need to reach level 85 so I can unlock defense ratings so I can take advantage of that. I refuse to spend money on packs though right now. As much as I want to, I just cant haha

Chip Kelly scary AF

eBEl6xQ.png

We are heading into the Playoffs of Season 1 of our PS4 league. We will have 4 teams open for when our 1st offseason begins. If anyone is interested in taking over any of the teams feel free to pm me or reply in our league thread HERE. We are looking for a few good owners to compete exploit free in a carefree environment.

So who is a good hb or TE to stick in the fullback spot? I have Vernon Davis who rates as a 79 fullback. I don't have the coins for a true fullback.

So who is a good hb or TE to stick in the fullback spot? I have Vernon Davis who rates as a 79 fullback. I don't have the coins for a true fullback.

Yeah true FB are expensive because of sets and aren't worth the coin anyway. There's this one TE, who has like 90 something run block and is an 83 FB. I forget the name. Harthcock or something? Jerome Felton is pretty good.

Thanks.

There was a big patch that was released today. Does anyone know what it does?

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link happen, but there were a tons of things it fixed or added. Off the top of my head they added a ranked Draft Champions mode where you have to win 6 games before you lose 2 and you now can get MUT rewards every time you play. It costs 9,000 coins to enter though.

sun-drop

how does everyone feel about these UT draft modes FIFA and MAdden now have?

i think it's another brilliant move by EA basically, i mean the UT mode it self is the most successfull mode in online gaming period ..and this is basically a pretty smart addition.

give both people new to UT a quick way to experience a stacked UT team, but also costs coins to enter so gives seasoned UT vets something to grind towards

Top Bottom