• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

RetroMG

Trust me, in this community you WILL see people tell the most insane lies about their power roles. 5 times lightning rod that is night kill immune? seen it. Cate Archer from no one lives forever in a game which theme has absolutely nothing to do with that? Old news. Those moments are often the most funny moments in a game!

We also had someone role claim as Mafia who wanted to turn on the rest of his group. He got lynched, and turned out to be the town cop.

Speaking of, have we seen Blargonaut in the thread yet?

Sophia

There's no rules on lying and gambits, the only real exception is using real life as an excuse for a particular way of playing. Nothing is set in stone, but it's generally frowned upon if you lie about RL circumstances to help your position in game.

We set a rabid roytheone loose on those people.

Yup. Mafia is pretty much all about lying your ass off and bullshitting in the most hilariously effective ways possible! It's quite fun.

Bold prediction: You two are so going to backstab each other

That's not much of a bold prediction. It's way too simple. D:

batsnacks

Dat timing. Welcome back!

Speak of the devil and he shall appear!

I forgot to answer questions:
/in
Game nominations Ye Old Standard, Night Vale, Super Mario
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): High / fluctuating
Timezone / location: EST
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): New / participated in NYX mafia last season

Palmer_v1

Speak of the devil and he shall appear!

I forgot to answer questions:
/in
Game nominations Ye Old Standard, Night Vale, Super Mario
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): High / fluctuating
Timezone / location: EST
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): New / participated in NYX mafia last season

Your avatar is an extremely small Mutalisk. Suspiciously small.

batsnacks

Your avatar is an extremely small Mutalisk. Suspiciously small.

I used to have avatars turned off because I think they're kinda annoying but that didn't look right so I turned them back on. Then I thought my posts looked lame as the weird green junior user with no avatar so I cropped the muta icon out of a bw screen shot cause that's that I was playing/building. And that's the story of why my avatar is a small mutalisk.

Hopefully my compelling avatar story will absolve suspicions.

Sorian

Banned
I used to have avatars turned off because I think they're kinda annoying but that didn't look right so I turned them back on. Then I thought my posts looked lame as the weird green junior user with no avatar so I cropped the muta icon out of a bw screen shot cause that's that I was playing/building. And that's the story of why my avatar is a small mutalisk.

I don't believe you.

VOTE: batsnacks

Palmer_v1

I believe you.

Sophia

Your story sounds sketchy and 'm all about following trends anyhow so...

So here comes my list:
Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): I have a weak spot for Harry Potter so I'll nominate HP. All the other games sound equally awesome... I let you decide here! :p
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): She
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): fluctuating
Timezone / location: Germany, GMT+1
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): My first game was Election Mafia and I got killed N3

Looking forward for the new season. I might even bake a cake! :):):)

Game nominations: HP preferred, but anything is good
Pronoun: He
Play style preference: Any
Self-assessed activity level: Dangerously low
Timezone / location: Pacific Time
Returning Player or New: Returning: Cthulhu (died Night 1), NX (died Night 5), Election (died Night 2)

Sorian

Banned
Game nominations: HP preferred, but anything is good
Pronoun: He
Play style preference: Any
Self-assessed activity level: Dangerously low
Timezone / location: Pacific Time
Returning Player or New: Returning: Cthulhu (died Night 1), NX (died Night 5), Election (died Night 2)

Understatement of the year :p

We all still love you though.

So here comes my list:
Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): I have a weak spot for Harry Potter so I'll nominate HP. All the other games sound equally awesome... I let you decide here! :p
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): She
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): fluctuating
Timezone / location: Germany, GMT+1
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): My first game was Election Mafia and I got killed N3

Looking forward for the new season. I might even bake a cake! :):):)

YAY! now we just need cornbro and splinter and the greatest mafia team ever will be up and running again

Timeaisis

On a scale of 1 - 10 how much have you guys missed me.

1 being a lot and 10 being unfathomably excruciating without my presence.

12? im sending this out to all the people who has ever took part in GAFia that has not signed back up

79 people >:O

Don't need to send one out for me (if you were that is)! Would love to play again, unfortunately, the first year of grad school isn't conducive gafia-ing. But I'll be watching on the sidelines!

You're sending the same message to all 79 people? Not spicing it up, making everyone feel unique? Shame on you.

Well the ones I know... I did put in personalised message actually XD... Mostly ex-star wars and archer crews :x

you should just split it between some other people

I can help if you'd like

Awesome! Maybe next time I need a hand I'll prod u!

Right now they are all sent :D

* waits for more victims to sign up expectantly *

Sophia

Bandwagoning? #scumtell

VOTE: Sophia

I'm sorry, I'll stop

:p

You see, this is how it begins. You lynch me off one wrong scum tell and then you find out I was the doctor and the only thing keeping Star alive in the previous night phases! Then they off her. And it's all your fault. You monster. :<

MattyG

Banned
b79nr8w.gif

You will be PMed once the games begin and the game threads go up. I don't think we'll be starting for another couple of weeks or so though.

Don't worry, you won't miss any of the excitement ^^

Edit: yeeny, are there still people from last season's waiting list? If so, we should PM them to let them know a new round of recruitment is going on

swampie, i donno if there were anyone left on the waiting list from last season cuz i wasn't managing the list :< but i've sent PMs to everyone who had played gafia ...

• Game nominations: Any
  • Pronoun: He
  • Play style preference: Any
  • Self-assessed activity level: Fluctuating, averaging on medium.
  • Timezone / location: EST
  • Returning Player or New: Returning (Night 3 Fight Club, Still in Progress MGS)

Sorian

Banned
On a scale of 1 - 10 how much have you guys missed me.

1 being a lot and 10 being unfathomably excruciating without my presence.

A solid 6, maybe. Sorry for lynching you that one time so your team lost.

You see, this is how it begins. You lynch me off one wrong scum tell and then you find out I was the doctor and the only thing keeping Star alive in the previous night phases! Then they off her. And it's all your fault. You monster. :<

Killing the doctor first is tradition. Are we in the first day phase?

Sorian

Banned
swampie, i donno if there were anyone left on the waiting list from last season cuz i wasn't managing the list :< but i've sent PMs to everyone who had played gafia ...

There was no one left on the waiting list at the end of last season's games. I was helping manage it and we exhausted it.

Top Bottom