• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Any sort of delve shit in a 1v1 game, including one that has ONE HUNDRED CARDS* shouldn't be included.

I know it's 99

Santiako

I think what they need to do is to reduce the life totals to 20. That way "durdle and stall until you can polymorph into Emrakul" stops being the best strategy.

kirblar

I think what they need to do is to reduce the life totals to 20. That way "durdle and stall until you can polymorph into Emrakul" stops being the best strategy.
This is what Duel Commander did! They're being REALLY goddamn obtuse about them for some reason.

Maybe, just maybe, a format which is designed around tutoring a card for free isn't one that makes sense in a competitive tournament structure.
I'm with you there, if you want to play Legacy or Vintage lite there's half a dozen flavours of highlander.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";237956757]I was already playing Zurgo before the change, too lol[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming bell striker zurgo, since for helmsmasher the change should be inconsequential.

traveler

Not Wario
I came back to Magic for EDH the last go round. My play group was almost entirely EDH. I've built more EDH decks than decks of the other formats put together.

EDH is hands down the worst format, for competitive play or otherwise.

Ashodin

EDH after playing it a lot is entirely dependent on the group. It has to be fun and casual. If an arms race starts then it just gets miserable.

My play group has a guy I know that usually says "well if we're going to be miserable let's all be miserable" if the last game was some guy just comboing off and taking us all out. Then we all get degenerate.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I mean yeah there's different levels

There's

level 1: friendly but fair
level 2: competitive but interactive
level 3: degeneracy creep
level 4: nuclear launch detected
level 5:
Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Sounds arbitrary. Like the whole edh format and what is acceptable.

El Topo

I assume you get the copies of Godo, which each let you search for an equipment. You only get one additional combat phase, because the copies are put into play attacking already.

Tunoku

Did some testing for the GP and boy, the Marvel mirrors are going to be the worst fucking thing. I need to pick my preferred version soon (Servant vs. Censor). The spell heavy variant is prooooobaby better, but I do love me some mana acceleration. Gonna try BBDs sideboard plan this weekend and see how it goes and then make a decision.

If this is legit
B5JJreD.png
I've got one heck of a new silver bullet for my Scion deck.

There's also these two

yes I'd like to draw a couple cards then put omniscience into play lol, this guy if legit could get scion banned.

jph139

lol at the idea of a Cat Dragon.

The five color ones are pretty cool, even if they both feel like pretty generic "big splashy five color legend" type cards. O-Kagachi and the Ur-Dragon both getting cards would be pretty big though.

Ashodin

holy shit cat dragon token

yessssssss

Also this seems to be all from the same box, Dragons.

I desperately want Squirrel tribal now (MaRo said he'd be pushing for it in supplemental sets).

Also a lady at our LGS is going to go insane for this deck, she loves Dragons

Ashodin

Now to hope WoTC releases high quality images of the leaked cards; they typically like to get ahead of leaks and acknowledge them with official articles (lightning rodding the hype to the official channels).

Crocodile

So one of the tribal decks for the upcoming Commander release is a Dragon Tribal deck? Not surprising TBH. Well I hope there are some sweet enablers in the deck that don't cost 23513523 mana of every color LOL.

hermit7

Dragon tribal is sweet. I don't think I could run the big one in my scion deck though.

It is hard enough generating enough value when scion is 5 colors, and having reasonable early plays.

Dragon tribal is already so mana intensive I couldn't imagine a 9 mana general. Its actually nice about scion that you can cheat things into the yard.

I need to play scion more often now that I think about it.

Jeez, Wasitora is a deep-ass cut. Pretty neat that all three cards here are existing lore characters, at least two of which are things people have asked for many times in the past.

Now to hope WoTC releases high quality images of the leaked cards; they typically like to get ahead of leaks and acknowledge them with official articles (lightning rodding the hype to the official channels).

It's too early, they still have two set releases (Archenemy: Bolas and Hour of Devastation), plus an extra-big Announcement Day, to get through before they start talking about this set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom