• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

en_t8tHfSE2LY.png

Fuck yeah, Giant Spider is back, baby!

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. An uncommon Bird is more standard playable than most angels

DrArchon

en_qv1VeOjdnW.png

Another limited nightmare I'd imagine. If you don't have a guy with deathtouch, you basically have to multiblock it to kill it. God forbid someone gives it trample or first strike.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Bonepicker seems real good in limited.

Mix it with some removal, and you kill one of their creatures and then get a 3/2 flying deathtouch for B.

edit: Dang, ruthless sniper is pretty great too, get more value out of your cycling, if a bit limited.

Another limited nightmare I'd imagine. If you don't have a guy with deathtouch, you basically have to multiblock it to kill it. God forbid someone gives it trample or first strike.

Green God says 'whaddup', lol.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the basics in this set feel a bit like cheating. most of them are the same kinds of landscapes (a city) but coloured differently

Glix

en_qv1VeOjdnW.png

Yeah, brutal. I know its been a number of years but I'm still a little salty, cards like this should have shroud, not hexproof.

Santiako

en_qv1VeOjdnW.png

Cowl Prowler was playable in AER/AER/KLD since it was so hard to kill. This guy will be an absolute bomb uncommon.

DrArchon

en_fHZY7uUhaJ.png

Can I just say this feels really pushed for a common? You've already got a bear here, but you can exert it to turn into a 3/3 flyer? I was imagining an exert bear to get either +1/+1 or an ability, not both.

Ashodin

en_fHZY7uUhaJ.png

Can I just say this feels really pushed for a common? You've already got a bear here, but you can exert it to turn into a 3/3 flyer? I was imagining an exert bear to get either +1/+1 or an ability, not both.
Turn two this, turn three always watching makes it a 4/4

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
en_qv1VeOjdnW.png

We had something similar in Battle for Zendikar and it never did all that much despite being a 7/6 and having Trample. Guess why?

1qbB4j6.png

Yeef

We had something similar in Battle for Zendikar and it never did all that much despite being a 7/6 and having Trample. Guess why?
Because it was triple green in a format where green was terrible and there were a lot of bigger, colorless creatures that could tangle with it.

DrArchon

Green's looking pretty good for Amonkhet limited, with all the undercosted fatties it's getting because of -1/-1 counter shenanigans. And GG is way easier to cast than GGG.

If my rare isn't any good, I'd have no problem p1p1 this thing, if only so that I don't have to deal with it on the other side of the table.

Santiako

Release Notes

Haha, look at this rule in the release notes for the new Gideon:

• Other circumstances can still cause you to lose the game. You will lose a game if you concede, if you're penalized with a Game Loss or a Match Loss during a sanctioned tournament due to a DCI rules infraction, or if your Magic Online game clock runs out of time.

Crocodile

en_fHZY7uUhaJ.png

I mean it can only attack every other turn (as a flyer) so shrug? Seems worse than say Topan Freeblade more often than not?

BTW that crocodile says FUCK YOU CRAW WURM

Yavimaya Wurm already did that YEARS ago :p

en_Ze4XOiw4nh.png

Seems incredibly powerful for limited. Like "tap out and win the game if they don't answer it" powerful.

Yeah this will cause some flipped tables

Holy fuck

C9YYVXkWAAEYwWK.png:large

This seems good but not crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom