• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

If you don't mind the fur, it's definitely Ajani for best husbando out of sheer competence.

If you're looking for a dom, it's Nicol Bolas.

Zocano

Karn won't show up till we're back with the Phyrexians. Also I don't really see him as a good husbando. He seems too aloof and concerned with tinkering.

Sorin seems interesting when you see him out on the job, but I hear in home life he's such a nonbo that he might as well be living room furniture.

He might be in Dominaria looking for old Urza made artifacts to fight the Phyrexians.

not-this-shit-again_fb_1224286.jpg

Tunoku

Alright, sleeved up Todd Anderson's ramp list. Just couldn't find my Russian Void Winnower, so probably replacing it with a 4th World Breaker. I wish Dragonlord Atarka was still in the format. That card was siiiiiiiick. Best Ruinous Path with Awaken ever.

Repgnar

Came back from work and there was a whole new page, thought some news had dropped. Nope.

I feel pretty lucky to have the community around here. I've only had one bad experience but that was with a single player that just seemed a bit off. Every other game has been normal or positive. Mostly played Draft/Sealed so far but the two standard events I went to have been great. Went with a -1/-1 deck and after getting smashed some of the regulars there offered to take a peek and give some input. Hoping to see them tomorrow at the gameday. Also helps that there's quite a few people from work that i'll see show up at the LGS. Always cool to see someone you know show up to the store that you had no idea played Magic/Pokemon/Etc.

Right? I get into my hotel room in Syracuse and it's crazy in here.

not enough votes for Gideon
Repeat after me, "Gideon is a stalker". Blame WotC writing he really did stalk Chandra.
Alright, sleeved up Todd Anderson's ramp list. Just couldn't find my Russian Void Winnower, so probably replacing it with a 4th World Breaker. I wish Dragonlord Atarka was still in the format. That card was siiiiiiiick. Best Ruinous Path with Awaken ever.
Knew I gotta sideboard that crumble to dust. Re you gonna play in corner or spielraum because I still got your aether hub?

As an asexual, I nominate Jace for best husband. Like, Who wants middle-age beef/Robo-dicks in bed? Garruk is too primal, Koth too Emotional, Ral is too unpredictable.

Jace could help you unlock your deepest kinks and live then through illusion. Boom, best Husbando

Maledict

It's definitely Tibalt. Sure he's a sadist obsessed with torturing people, but he's a snappy dresser who looks great and is clearly rocking a fantastic body. Totally bad boy material.

As a new player I was actually surprised how nice and open most of the community seems to be. The magic reddit seems to be pretty shithead free and aside from some weird questions MaRo seems to answer on his blog ("Why do you guys keep making men the villains and women the heroes?") and a few questionable youtubers everyone seems really cool. Maybe it's because the game is so old and grew up outside of the toxic internet culture of the last few years. Might also be because the game is still mainly played in person face to face and the kind of people who act like shits online dont do it when sat directly across from the person.

This has been my experience as well. Maybe it's store specific, but the people at my local game shop have gone out of their way to be kind and helpful. It's really ramped up my enthusiasm for Magic in general.

Tunoku

Repeat after me, "Gideon is a stalker". Blame WotC writing he really did stalk Chandra.

Knew I gotta sideboard that crumble to dust. Re you gonna play in corner or spielraum because I still got your aether hub?

Really depends when I go to bed tonight, since the one at Corner isn't until 2pm. I'm usually at Corner.

kirblar's been on the forum but he hasn't come back to this thread.

Y27aYxW.gif

I mean, based on the response to this thread, quite a few people?

I mean, Gideon's great, but he's a dunce whose strategy is "I don't need one because I'm invincible". Karn would be trying to date "End of Watchmen" Dr. Manhatten, and Tezzeret is a huge asshole.

I think realistically, you've got Jace, Ajani, Koth, Venser, and Garruk as the top 5 that wouldn't be asses to date?

Unless we're allowed to chuck in Legendary dudes, in which case throw all my money to Daghatar.

Ashodin

I mean, Gideon's great, but he's a dunce whose strategy is "I don't need one because I'm invincible". Karn would be trying to date "End of Watchmen" Dr. Manhatten, and Tezzeret is a huge asshole.

I think realistically, you've got Jace, Ajani, Koth, Venser, and Garruk as the top 5 that wouldn't be asses to date?

Unless we're allowed to chuck in Legendary dudes, in which case throw all my money to Daghatar.

you realize Karn can just reshape his body into whatever you want right?

OnPoint

Alright so I'm doing BG Tron tomorrow at SCG Syracuse.

If you catch me on stream, wish me luck, my name is Anthony.

Pretty pumped to try this build out :)

Wulfric

Another redname who shall remain nameless for now wants me to get a consensus best husbando out of the planeswalker cast from you guys if you're gonna claim the #2 spot.

It's Ajani, naturally. He's buff as hell yet warm and fluffy.

I'm not surprised to hear PopGAF imploded. That place felt like ATRL/ONTD most of the time.

sgjackson

fnm tonight was draft so i went up. turned out the store owner bought 23 boxes of khans of tarkir and we drafted that. most of the other people drafting didn't know the format super well and i opened sarkhan into butcher of the horde so i got the easiest 3-0 of my life.

Yeef

Just did an Innistrad-plane sealed event. 2packs of Innistrad, 2 packs of Shadows Over Innistrad, 1 pack each of Dark Ascension and Eldritch Moon. Managed to build a pretty sweet GW Humans/Ramp deck with Mikaeus 1.0, Ulvenwald Hydra and Angel of Deliverance. Splashed red for Devil's Play and Flayer of the Hatebound.

All in all, it was a ton of fun, but I think 3x ISD 3x SOI might have been better. The synergies weren't as strong as I had hoped, even though they were there.

Ashodin

Ugin just actually wanted to hook up with Nic because elder dragons ain't got many partners you know? and Nic got mad, so mad he killed him over it. Nic likes me time.

Zocano

Went 4-0 at sealed FNM! Think that's my first flawless at any event thus far. Honestly didn't expect it with my pool but it happened. Too bad I got fuck all out of my packs.

1x Magma Spray
1x Crash Through
1x Cartouche of Zeal

1x Battlefield Scavenger
1x Cut // Ribbons
1x Burning-Fist Minotaur
1x Khenra Eternal
1x Wretched Camel
1x Blur of Blades

2x Marauding Boneslasher
1x Baleful Ammit
1x Cursed Minotaur
1x Thorned Moloch
1x Blighted Bat
1x Merciless Eternal

1x Sand Strangler
1x Torment of Scarabs
1x Frontline Devestator

1x Manticore of the Gauntlet
1x Scrounger of Souls
1x Gilded Cerodon

1x Stir the Sands

1x Ipnu Rivulet
1x Desert of the Glorified
1x Endless Sands
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Canyon Slough
6x Swamp
6x Mountain

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Went 2-1 at Game Day playing Temur Energy. Got rolled by UR Zombies. I don't know how no one plays that deck because it can be so powerful.

I'm going to an RPTQ in two weeks, and wobbling between that and UR control. I've played control all season but I don't think it has game against RDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom