• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Isn't there a witch that lets you search a curse out of your library and put it directly into play?

Image.ashx

Still pretty expensive, just not 8 mana expensive. Should be fun in EDH if you target the one player without enchantment removal.

Image.ashx

Still pretty expensive, just not 8 mana expensive. Should be fun in EDH if you target the one player without enchantment removal.

Might be worth it?

I'm no expert on Modern, but doesn't this completely torpedo almost every deck in the format if it hits the board?

Might be worth it?

I'm no expert on Modern, but doesn't this completely torpedo almost every deck in the format if it hits the board?
Never, also needs a sac outlet and can still just be removed. its not like there's a ton of activated abilities that destroy 8 mana enchantments from noncreatures I guess it stops oblivion stone
What a lock. Iona + this card. People will literally refuse to play you.
I have this guy at my other LGS that already tells me that every time, I don't even remember why.

Never, also needs a sac outlet and can still just be removed. its not like there's a ton of activated abilities that destroy 8 mana enchantments from noncreatures I guess it stops oblivion stone

Do people play cards that can get rid of this thing though? What enchantment removal is commonly played in Modern?

The only deck that I guess would be okay with this on the board would be a big-mana Tron deck, since it doesn't stop Karn and the Eldrazi cast triggers still happen. But I don't know what other decks would be able to do.

I kinda want to build a Modern deck around this card now, and I haven't played constructed Magic in years

Santiako

sMJmHaz.png

Unraveling Mummy - 1WB
Creature - Zombie - 2/3
1W : Target attacking zombie gains lifelink until end of turn.
1B : Target attacking zombie gains deathtouch until end of turn.

"We are no longer in control."
-Elekh, Vizier of Embalming

DrArchon

Gonna be a pain in the ass to face a dedicated BW Zombie deck in limited with one of those on the board.

Too bad most of the key Zombie draft cards are all uncommon. No way I'm ever gonna make a deck with Lord of the Accursed, Wayward Servant and this new Zombie.

Tunoku

Zombies probably one of the best decks in the format at the moment. Red sweepers aren't that amazing against them if you don't have a followup play. Last Friday I wiped the board with Flames, they play a Colossus, and I die. I'm not saying it's unbeatable, it absolutely is, but with Marvel out of the picture it's a tier 1 deck.

EDIT: Oh, you meant WB specifically. I'm personally not a big fan because it's not as fast.

Bad Negator clone. Could see some sideboard if standard becomes very durdly.

Bad card is bad.

Better than Humility with Academy Rector. Might try it to annoy people to death.

Dece. Doesn't feel like a rare at all though.
Ammit seems better than Negator to me. Champion of wits looks bad for a rare.

Zombies probably one of the best decks in the format at the moment. Red sweepers aren't that amazing against them if you don't have a followup play. Last Friday I wiped the board with Flames, they play a Colossus, and I die. I'm not saying it's unbeatable, it absolutely is, but with Marvel out of the picture it's a tier 1 deck.
I mean that'd be good for me since Zombie is basically free wins for U/r but I feel like Zombies lost out on the marvel ban since the midrange decks can all tech much easier against them.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh this zombie could be nice in my Zombies deck in Duels..... *gets sad*

Yeah I keep having the same reaction to these cards getting spoiled. "Oh this will be great in my 'insert duels deck here' deck...oh wait I forgot wizards decided to go back on what they said and fuck over all the people who have been playing duels."

Adaren

You need creatures in graveyards though. A lot of them in order for this to be remotely good (it's not).

Gate to the Afterlife helps you get creatures in your graveyard.

It isn't great, but it has Johnny combo/build-around potential. I'd rather it be super niche anyway, since universally strong Artifacts suck (see: Kaladesh).

ultron87

It would've been funnier if it wasn't in the set at all because Bolas' entire afterlife thing was a lie.

(I think I read this concept on Reddit originally.)

DrArchon

It's not constructed playable, but does it make Gate to the Afterlife an appealing pick? I actually think so.

I certainly wouldn't grab Gate unless you already have Gift picked out, but at the same time, Gift is a lot less appealing if you don't have Gate to fetch it out for cheap.

Quite the conundrum.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Gate is not going to help you fetch this thing in Limited. When is the last time you had six creatures in the yard in a Limited game like...ever?

Toxi

Banned
Wizards of the Coast continues to make me hate how Red and Black have so few ways to deal with enchantments.

If you're going to make two colors unable to deal with a type of permanent, stop making cards like this.

DrArchon

Wizards of the Coast continues to make me hate how Red and Black have so few ways to deal with enchantments.

If you're going to make two colors unable to deal with a type of permanent, stop making cards like this.

Clearly the solution is to never play RB in EDH. Just add another color. Even if it's just for enchantment removal.

Fuck, WotC can be really stupid sometimes.

hermit7

I agree I run o stone in edh just for artifacts and shitty enchantments in my mono black deck.

Karn is there too for those things as well for a bit of redundancy but o stone is generally better.

This is a bullshit card with all the limitations that they have. White can literally deal with every permanent type save for planeswalkers. It is a silly adherence to something that causes negative gameplay for casual players where this is going to most negatively affect players. Would a 4 mana destroy or o ring type effect be played outside EDH or casual setting, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom