• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

I miss Kibler

bmkplaymat.jpg

Even though it's subjective, there are guidelines on what's considered detrimental. The important thing to keep in mind is that a trigger is either always or never considered detrimental; the current game state is never taken into account. So, for example, Bitterblossom's trigger isn't considered detrimental, even if the player is at 1 life.

When a player misses a trigger, the opponent gets to choose whether or not to place it on the stack once the error has been noticed (assuming it hasn't been too long).

No warnings are given for advantageous triggers missed this way. For detrimental triggers, the player who missed the trigger will get a warning.

that sounds like a complete mess. What's the argument to not having both players be responsible for triggers? I guess it could be hard to track since it's gonna happen a lot.

Joe Molotov

I overheard a judge giving both players a verbal warning for failing to maintain a proper board state because one player put a card in the graveyard that should have been exiled instead. Not sure what the rules are for a warning like that.

Firemind

LMAO

MTGO is fucked at the moment.

People keep disconnecting from the draft and I get random picks without actually seeing the pack.

ultron87

that sounds like a complete mess. What's the argument to not having both players be responsible for triggers? I guess it could be hard to track since it's gonna happen a lot.
It really sucked to be forced to remind your opponent of things that they should be taking care of. The current rules are pretty solid, and are backed up by the part where if someone does something like suddenly forgetting their Dark Confidant or Bitterblossom triggers when they get to low life it'll probably get them DQed for cheating.

It really sucked to be forced to remind your opponent of things that they should be taking care of. The current rules are pretty solid, and are backed up by the part where if someone does something like suddenly forgetting their Dark Confidant or Bitterblossom triggers when they get to low life it'll probably get them DQed for cheating.

I mean those are extreme cases but give the prior example of duskwatch recruiter it can be impossible to know of missing the trigger is beneficial or detrimental most often and I've seen it happen too often already on camera.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
oh yeah, I forgot they made the PT from some random country so its in the middle of the night or something comical like that

silly non-america countries, learn to sync your daytime with ours

ironmang

I wish there was a Twitch extension / option to mute particular commentators... You know which one. I am glad it's on, however :)

Randy and BDM are definitely who I'd mute. Can't stand either of their voices and it doesn't help that they're generally both clueless at all times.

Firemind

He compared Assembled Alphas, a red creature, to Kessig Dire Swine, a green creature.

As a red creature, you're already happy you're a Grey Ogre, Hill Giant or Gatstaf Arsonists.

WEGGLES

Hi guys, work did a limited tournament where we started with 6 packs and added a pack a week for a bit. We're done that now, but I decided to expand my 40 card deck to 60 and give a FNM event a shot. Anyone have any critiques of my deck? I think I'm going to cut a vamp envoy and a kalastria healer for 2 pieces of card draw. Concerned I'll run out of gas with a curve such as this...

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-white-ally-life-steal-1/

What's some good black/white card draw currently in standard? Read the bones?

Hi guys, work did a limited tournament where we started with 6 packs and added a pack a week for a bit. We're done that now, but I decided to expand my 40 card deck to 60 and give a FNM event a shot. Anyone have any critiques of my deck? I think I'm going to cut a vamp envoy and a kalastria healer for 2 pieces of card draw. Concerned I'll run out of gas with a curve such as this...

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-white-ally-life-steal-1/

What's some good black/white card draw currently in standard? Read the bones?

Read the bones is the card draw of choice right now but if you want to be able to operate at instant speed there's also succumb to temptation that foregoes the scry 2.

I'd recommend sideboarding a couple hallowed moonlight and seeing as creature based you are maybe eerie interludes.

Ashodin

draft is such a snoozefest

Once all the archetypes and good cards are figured out it becomes "who can get what" and then zzzzzzzz gameplay

ironmang

draft is such a snoozefest

Once all the archetypes and good cards are figured out it becomes "who can get what" and then zzzzzzzz gameplay

I think the biggest problem with draft at the PT is the huge amount of downtime. The draft ended over an hour ago, why does it take so long to build, register, sleeve, and give pairings. I'd prefer if they just delayed the stream to have the draft go right into the first round with them showing draft breakdowns of other players between rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom