• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

that sounds like a complete mess. What's the argument to not having both players be responsible for triggers? I guess it could be hard to track since it's gonna happen a lot.

Kozilek's Return -> Return is Spell Quellered -> Languish -> Spell Queller dies, Return kills a Sylvan Advocate with a +1/+1 counter
Didn't matter, because of the Lumbering Falls on board, but it was cool nonetheless.

Also, am I imagining things or is the video quality worse than normal?

I love that they're trying to spin it as "Only 23%". I'm fairly certain Abzan didn't reach that level even when you slapped together each variant in THS-KTK, so trying to frame it as not an issue is a failure.

I love that they're trying to spin it as "Only 23%". I'm fairly certain Abzan didn't reach that level even when you slapped together each variant in THS-KTK, so only is a blatant lie.

Nah, 20% is fine on its own. For a deck to be an issue it either needs to be quite a bit higher than that in metagame percentage (definitely 35% plus) or it needs to win against the field at some huge rate. If BCC is still in the 20% range of the Day 2 field it will have pretty much failed at it bogeyman role.

EDIT: lol Randy is on the same tip right now on the coverage

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Lupine Prototype survives Languish everyone in this thread should buy 10 playsets.

Akim

Banned
So I went to my first draft after not playing for years.

I went 2-1-1 and it felt pretty good. I'm still not a great drafter though, I had to read every card in every game.

On the plus side, I opened a Spell Queller in my packs. Also since I got 7 points I got to pick one booster. I picked a Japanese Eldritch Moon pack.........oh baby.

ldlTud8.png

ironmang

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212507748]Round 1 and this is already the most surprising Pro Tour of the past year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah these decks are insanely interesting. I'm having a blast watching.

Matt Sperling tutors for Emrakul, but then Reid Duke topdecks his own Emrakul and casts it faster. After attacking with Dragonlord Atarka.

Oh hey, Pick the Brain!

EDIT: Oh hey, Bant Company!

EDIT: Pitch two Prized Amalgams to recur Haunted Dead -> trigger Prized Amalgams with Haunted Dead entering the battlefield from the graveyard, so both return to the battlefield

One thing about Abolisher of Bloodlines is that when it's Reflector Mage'd, it has a different name in hand so it can be cast next turn.

EDIT: Wait, but you CoCo in response to the transformation trigger, not the "on transform" trigger, never mind.

Immediately went and bought one :)

LSV played a bit too much into the Emrakul, I'm not sure if he just didn't have any other options but holding up ojutai's command would have maybe given him a couple more turns. He could also have activated the advocate + ojutai's command. And if his opponent cast the tamiyo and minus'd on Luis creature it wouldn't have done much for him.

Emrakul just killed two creatures, tapped two blockers, killed a planeswalker and made her opponent discard two cards for 8 mana, not counting the 13/13 flample.

And drew her opponent a card.

y2dvd

Omgggggggggg Emrakul completely rekted LSV. D:

LSV had on board:
Sylvan Advocate, Duskwatch Recruiter, Reflector Mage (iirc), Tamiyo at 2, and just Spell Queller'ed a Dead Weight that targeted Duskwatch.

In hand: Otujai Command and Tireless Tracker

Opponent cast Emrakul.

Controls turn. Attacks with Spell Queller into Emrakul. Dies and gets Dead Weight back onto Duskwatch which dies. Cast Tireless Tracker. Counter with Otujai Command while paying a life with painland lol. Minus Tamiyo to finish it onto Sylvan Advocate and Reflector Mage and taps it down. Effectively mopped the board and hand in 1 turn.

I think that was a bit of a misplay by luis, he had 7 mana available and an ojutai's command as well as a spell queller and tamiyo.
His life wasn't particularly threatened but Steve Rubin had 2 PWs in Liliana and Nissa, killing both was an opportune moment but it left him way too wide open to emrakul when it was obvious he'd lose of Steve had it. That's just way too much of a gamble.
The worst that would have happened if he hadn't gone for that move was Steve playing the emrakul it getting countered, Lili getting minus'd and die to get her back and drawing a card off of nissa. He'd then run a couple creatures into his creatures and maybe play out tamiyo and minus 2 her for no value.
Without the nissa in the yard Steve wouldn't have had the mana to also cast dead weight.

OTOH he'd still be in a bad position with this line of play and his line of play would have gotten him much closer to winning if Rubin hadn't had Emrakul. Considering that it was probably the right play anyway.

I could see a lot more summary dismissal over ojutai's command going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom