• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not saying Nahiri is right for blowing up Innistrad but her being crazy is kind of understandable given Sorin's asshole actions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I did like the Tree of Redemption reference in the Magic Story though.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I mean, they're both dumb, but did Sorin just....forget that he had Nahiri still in the Helvault for all that time, and then when it got broken open, and Avacyn came back out, he didn't wonder where Nahiri was? Or did he just....forget? Lol.

I mean, she was dumb first in pressuring him when she knew of his mercurial mood, but if he kept her there, and thus weakened her ability to stop the Eldrazi from getting loose, that's on him. She's going salt-the-earth style (as is sometimes the case with Red), but I can see her logic.

That being said, I wonder if the Gatewatch Planeteers will stop her before it gets that far, or if they have to unite. Or, if she knew enough of his nature to recgonize that a clap on the shoulder was elation, that she'd not be quite so impetuous as to attack him directly. But I suppose that hint of 'fear' she sees in his eyes (from having being weakened to create Avacyn) raised her estimation of herself, and then fucks up when she keeps attacking him, going back to her previous training with him.

Or, if its still the Eldrazi's fault as well, I'm wondering if she plans to keep Emrakul trapped in the moon, as its now Sorin's plane that has to bear that burden.

And then hopefully Teysa finds her spark to take his place as BW Planeswalker.

I would be doooooown for this. Shit would be sick.

I'm falling firmly on the side of Nahiri acting childish and like a crazy person who can't be relied upon to react to actions or words in predicable ways. I thought she was that way when we saw this story from Sorin's POV, it's reinforced in this story. We see her inner narrative as a way to make her actions relatable, but all it did was show how she just jumped disjointedly from one motivation to another. It felt like the whole thing felt like it was a man writing a woman and just assuming women are nothing like him in their hopes, dream, motivations, and relationships.

I was cringing from her actions and not from the writing for once. So that's a plus. I think.

red13th

Bought another EMA box from the store two blocks from my house. I never go there becuase it smells bad (I thought because of the nerds in there but they actually have like a dozen cats inside, maybe it's cat poo) but I felt like stopping by yesterday and they had boxes for sale at two-thirds of what I paid for mine! R$800, which is around 220 US dollars.
I'm not opening it though, since I bought everything I needed from EMA. Not sure what I'll do with it :lol Impulse buys.

y2dvd

Bought another EMA box from the store two blocks from my house. I never go there becuase it smells bad (I thought because of the nerds in there but they actually have like a dozen cats inside, maybe it's cat poo) but I felt like stopping by yesterday and they had boxes for sale at two-thirds of what I paid for mine! R$800, which is around 220 US dollars.
I'm not opening it though, since I bought everything I needed from EMA. Not sure what I'll do with it :lol Impulse buys.

Play limited, have everyone throw money to a prize pool, top 2 splits 70/30. Do it!

Bandini

Just picked up a playset of Nahiri for $83, pretty happy with the price and my concerns about a spike after EDM spoilers have been appeased. Looks like I won't be picking up any high value Eternal Masters cards but I think I can swing a $8 set of Daze at the least.

Angry Grimace

Drafted a pretty silly Jeskai deck in EMA.

It's just like week 1 of Khans of Tarkir draft and nobody's drafting duals even in packs that as far as I can tell have nothing great in them.

Angry Grimace

lol I played a guy on Elves who had a pretty good deck but I had a ton of removal. Game 2 I boarded in Honden of Fire and Honden of Lifegain and drew them both off a Faithless Looting and he scooped when I cast the 2nd one.
KuGsj.gif

Ashodin

Man breaking into the world of MTG Content creators is tough. If you're not:

• On WOTC's short list
  • Popular because of notoriety (you yell a lot about MTG)
  • Popular because of sheer hours put into it (streamer/insane YouTuber)
  • A Pro writing articles/videos because they're out of the scene

You can't garner views/likes/upvotes worth a damn. Not even if (and I do believe I am) your videos have quality that surpasses 90% of the YouTubers out there.

Not to say that it gets me down; it actually strives me to work harder. There's an audience out there, and they just have yet to notice me. Doing more things that give me visibility (like the giveaways) and such should put me on the map, but I've drawn it out on paper:

7h8vGvtl.jpg

The goal is to get to the inner circle. Man my handwriting is shit. Man I realized it's like the Nine Hells of Phyrexia lol

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Official description for the show/interview going live on Monday:

Watch here June 20 as host Jimmy Wong takes you inside Eldritch Moon with Mark Rosewater, revealing the ancient horror behind the madness on Innistrad, new cards from the set, and more!

Does "ancient horror" mean anything (outside of being a generic call out to Lovecraft)?

Also, Eldritch Moon has its own URL: http://eldritchmoon.com

Man breaking into the world of MTG Content creators is tough. If you're not:

• On WOTC's short list
  • Popular because of notoriety (you yell a lot about MTG)
  • Popular because of sheer hours put into it (streamer/insane YouTuber)
  • A Pro writing articles/videos because they're out of the scene

You can't garner views/likes/upvotes worth a damn. Not even if (and I do believe I am) your videos have quality that surpasses 90% of the YouTubers out there.

Not to say that it gets me down; it actually strives me to work harder. There's an audience out there, and they just have yet to notice me. Doing more things that give me visibility (like the giveaways) and such should put me on the map, but I've drawn it out on paper:

7h8vGvtl.jpg

The goal is to get to the inner circle. Man my handwriting is shit. Man I realized it's like the Nine Hells of Phyrexia lol

Am I missing LRR on the map? Considering they've got a podcast dedixated to Magic, MDMA Friday Nights, and will have hosted 2 Pre-Prereleases, it's odd not to see them there.

Ashodin

High profile content creator right in the middle

Correct. LRR does more than just magic though, and their presence within the community has been diminished since then. They just do Magic stuff here and there.

The reason they host Pre-Prereleases is because out of anyone on the high profile CC list, they're the only ones with a top of the line operation. Cameras, scene transitions, the works. So of course WOTC gives something like that to them.

Haines

Banned
I got really busy and haven't played for months.

How did people end up liking shadows limited format?

Is there any new info on the next set? Do we get spoilers soon?

Ashodin

I got really busy and haven't played for months.

How did people end up liking shadows limited format?

Is there any new info on the next set? Do we get spoilers soon?

Buzz Hype starts on June 20th

Likely Emrakul + Set Symbol

Then spoilers the monday after that

When I say center circle, I meant the inner one before WOTC. Working at WOTC would be a nightmare, I think.

https://twitter.com/jfwong/status/743532803019710464/video/1

Maro shows Jimmy Wong his card, I noticed he looks at the CMC. Also a bunch of "I KNEW IT". It's Emrakul guiz

Boom, single-sided, single-carded Emrakul confirmed.

Buzz Hype starts on June 20th

Likely Emrakul + Set Symbol

Then spoilers the monday after that

It says "cards" in the description so it's probably the usual 4-5 cards for the spoiler "blowout," where they show a big marquee card and then some subset of the mechanics.

Angry Grimace

Maro's fucking voice. His fucking voice. It actually gets more grating the more you hear it.

There's almost no way its not Emrakul because obviously the symbol is gonna spoil the set.

Ashodin

It says "cards" in the description so it's probably the usual 4-5 cards for the spoiler "blowout," where they show a big marquee card and then some subset of the mechanics.
OH HYPE

Also Grimace I was surprised when I heard Maro's voice for the first time. It sounds like it is permanently set to "Helium"

Angry Grimace

OH HYPE

Also Grimace I was surprised when I heard Maro's voice for the first time. It sounds like it is permanently set to "Helium"

I was at a non-Magic playing friends house for that super nerdy BFZ thing they did at PAX and oh my god it was so embarrassing watching it on his TV. Everything about it.

Daedardus

There's a shot from that video where it shows the blurred out card. It's colorless and has lots of text. Nothing else can be deduced from it. But I guess Emrakul confirmed. Although it looks more like the artifact frame, so I don't know about that.

Ashodin

There's a shot from that video where it shows the blurred out card. It's colorless and has lots of text. Nothing else can be deduced from it. But I guess Emrakul confirmed. Although it looks more like the artifact frame, so I don't know about that.

the fuck? zoom and enhance time

You lie. THe card is facing away the entire time.

Today's video:

F7E6KAX.png

Z87Oz8V.png

Kerrinck

What's the procedure of dropping out on a draft when opening an absurd pack? I suspect this will happen a bit on EMA.
Do you keep your unopened packs, the one you just opened and your previous picks?

ironmang

That's a pack that would make me drop. Pretty much the nuts.

Ya especially when you're playing for like 4 packs of soi lol. My LGS allows players to buy a replacement pack during fnm drafts if this kind of scenario comes up. Nobody has ever complained about it to my knowledge.

Santiako

SCG addressed this yesterday in their ask a judge article:

Can I take the foil Wasteland from my draft pack and replace it with a non-foil Wasteland I drafted earlier? If I don't want to pass a pack because it has a Mana Crypt and a foil Force of Will, what can I do?! -- Louis Annino

(Bearz) The answer to your first question is no, you need to draft with the cards you opened. When drafting at home, do what you like, but in tournament play, allowing players to switch out cards would be horribly inequitable. Swapping a foil card for anything else looks a lot like you substituted a bad foil you opened for a strong rare, which would obviously be cheating. That's not a road any of us want to go down!
For your second question, one thing you cannot do is get a replacement pack. Just like in the first answer, allowing any sort of “re-buy” during a sanctioned tournament starts us down a very unpleasant path.
(Kevin) However, you can drop from a tournament at any time with the cards in your possession. If you really like a pack and you decide those cards are worth not playing in the tournament you came for, by all means, take your pack and any draft picks up to this point and walk away. No tournament organizer can stop you from leaving with your rightfully owned possessions.

So, you can drop. You can't buy a replacement pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom