• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedardus

the fuck? zoom and enhance time

You lie. THe card is facing away the entire time.

It's in the card that appears to block off things.
636016866301366744.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Like, if I go out and you say you'll have your phone on and pick me up when I need a ride, then you turn it off and I can't get in touch with you and have to sleep in the garbage outside, that's your fault.

Also, even putting that aside, he could have been a jerk about that, but then gone along with Nahiri to check out Zendikar as a conciliatory gesture. He didn't even want to do that, which really makes him a jerk.

"I didn't care about fulfilling my promise so I did a bunch of shit that made it practically impossible for me to do so" is not a valid excuse.

Clearing the way for Elspeth to become the new black/white planeswalker!

Elspeth is the best planeswalker character.

Also I dont really pay attention to this stuff but is it likely that Top or Counterbalance get banned in Legacy given its showing?

Santiako

Elspeth is the best planeswalker character.

Also I dont really pay attention to this stuff but is it likely that Top or Counterbalance get banned in Legacy given its showing?
Top should be erased from existence for being a miserable card to play and to play against.

Daedardus

alternade

I'm getting so sick of the guys in my EDH playgroup. I played Azami in a pod of 6. Immediately, as with every time I play the deck, it was 5 v 1. I still won, but after the game everyone decided to talk down to me to each other about how they should take advantage of the fact that i'm not such a good player and why my win wasn't real because all I did was slam mind over matter and go off. Never mind the fact that I had to sludge through my lands being blown up, half my library being exiled and being at under 20 life the majority of the game.

I'm pretty casual with my decks but every deck they have is streamlined to win turn 3 or 4 and then if they I happen to beat them they proceed to tell me how I played wrong and all my card choices are bad and its just luck every time. Literally none of my wins are legitimate in their eyes.

I could go on further about all of them, but basically I'm super fed up with their bullshit and their hyper nerd "I troll to have fun" demeanor.

bigkrev

Found an interesting channel that deals mostly about the financial investment side of magic. His character is a little over the top, but his knowledge seems pretty sound.

https://youtu.be/mnlu-5s8HwY
https://youtu.be/rVsD6j3PCzk

Btw, you will HATE and probably cry a little inside when you see the things he is hoarding.

https://youtu.be/irxEfLYy_Eo

I was going to snarl on this guy as a tool, but that Ice Age video was really smart and better than most financial stuff you see

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A guy opened a fow and a foil library. That's when the discussion came up.

It's not Comp. Look up the price and rare-draft.

When Elspeth comes back its gonna be like:

Set 1: Zombie Elspeth Creature
Set 2: Elspeth, Zombie Planeswalker

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When the f are Zen fetches coming back, I want playsets

You can buy them now.

For $1000 or so.

=V

Honestly can't tell you why they weren't just in Eternal Masters. Approximately 0 people would have been upset to open a Zendikar fetchland and all of them are staples in every format.

You can buy them now.

For $1000 or so.

=V

Honestly can't tell you why they weren't just in Eternal Masters. Approximately 0 people would have been upset to open a Zendikar fetchland and all of them are staples in every format.
. I will fet them for $10 or less each when I can draft their set!!

bigkrev

You can buy them now.

For $1000 or so.

=V

Because Wizards cares about Modern, and they know that putting these super important cards in a product like Eternal Masters would actually increase the prices of the cards instead of lowering them.

We will see them in Standard again, but not in a format with fetchable dual lands, because the last standard where playing 4 colors was basically free was kinda stupid. They might do a thing where right before they are set to rotate we get magical christmasland with fetchable duals, but that's about it.

Before BFZ, the fetch lands were perfectly fine in Standard. They weren't being played everywhere, and you could get non blue ones for $10 or less

We already had magical Christmas lands with fetchable duals. It was shit and Standard was terrible.

Well, Standard basically always is terrible. It hasn't been good since Scars/Innistrad (yeah, I liked the Delver, Zombies, and Wolf Run meta - deal with it). Innistrad/Ravnica wasn't bad either; it would have been way better if it they hadn't printed Swagtusk.

OnPoint

We already had magical Christmas lands with fetchable duals. It was shit and Standard was terrible.

Well, Standard basically always is terrible. It hasn't been good since Scars/Innistrad (yeah, I liked the Delver, Zombies, and Wolf Run meta - deal with it). Innistrad/Ravnica wasn't bad either; it would have been way better if it they hadn't printed Swagtusk.
MY MAN

Angry Grimace

Because Wizards cares about Modern, and they know that putting these super important cards in a product like Eternal Masters would actually increase the prices of the cards instead of lowering them.

We will see them in Standard again, but not in a format with fetchable dual lands, because the last standard where playing 4 colors was basically free was kinda stupid. They might do a thing where right before they are set to rotate we get magical christmasland with fetchable duals, but that's about it.

Before BFZ, the fetch lands were perfectly fine in Standard. They weren't being played everywhere, and you could get non blue ones for $10 or less

I simply don't buy the argument that putting them in EMA would have increase the prices of fetchlands, but what it would have done is increase the EV of EMA by enough to make it so you couldn't buy it.

Fun fact: not only did I get the non-blue ones for $10 or less, I got lots and lots and lots of all of them. If I was playing an EDH deck I never actually played, I'd buy more of them because I couldn't really foresee a future where I was going to be upset with the nubmer of fetchlands I owned. I still have 8 Flooded Strand, 8 Polluted Delta, 6 Wooded Foothills, 6 Bloodstained Mire, 9 Windswept Heath. I regret nothing.

Zendikar fetch count: 0 Misty Rainforest, 0 Scalding Tarn (I sold them), 4 Marsh Flats, 4 Verdant Catacombs, 2 Arid Mesa. I'll admit all of these were expensive.

kirblar

They're not in EMA because they intend to print them in Standard and its not worth wasting 5 slots on them that could go to harder to reprint cards.

Ashodin

I'm getting so sick of the guys in my EDH playgroup. I played Azami in a pod of 6. Immediately, as with every time I play the deck, it was 5 v 1. I still won, but after the game everyone decided to talk down to me to each other about how they should take advantage of the fact that i'm not such a good player and why my win wasn't real because all I did was slam mind over matter and go off. Never mind the fact that I had to sludge through my lands being blown up, half my library being exiled and being at under 20 life the majority of the game.

I'm pretty casual with my decks but every deck they have is streamlined to win turn 3 or 4 and then if they I happen to beat them they proceed to tell me how I played wrong and all my card choices are bad and its just luck every time. Literally none of my wins are legitimate in their eyes.

I could go on further about all of them, but basically I'm super fed up with their bullshit and their hyper nerd "I troll to have fun" demeanor.
My play group wavers between having fun and having a miserable time depending on if people are getting hated out and such.

One of my friends there built specially a land destruction deck to show a kid why land destruction is a terrible thing

Oh and apparently this is a thing
Xbq1uQc.jpg

It's a shipment for the EDM display like Avacyn for shadows.

:lol at everyone on Reddit mass downvoting the comments of the poor guy who posted that. They are going to be so salty on Monday when we finally get proof that it's Emrakul.

Firemind

Well Azami is a troll general so...

OnPoint

I had a playgroup like that. I wasn't having a good time. So I found a different playgroup.

El Topo

Latest Developments - Skeletons in R&D's Closet part 4 - Not as interesting as previous parts, I felt, since the comments for the sillier cards the article chose to focus on aren't particularly silly, but there is some nice dramatic irony with the Painter's Servant comments.

I still believe in Contraptions and this article is not going to convince me otherwise.

I had a playgroup like that. I wasn't having a good time. So I found a different playgroup.

Yup. Find a different playgroup.

Angry Grimace

The way I play EDH:

2 color decks of cards I own. There's not really all that much synergy in the deck beyond the decks being full of good cards. I have a BW Tokens one and I guess you could say that one has some kind of synergy.

Am I miffed that it's Emrakul, mostly so that we'd have a driving narrative point going forwards? Yes. Am I salty? No, because it's been easy to predict. I mean, I'd prefer anything other then Emrakul(that we know of), but it's not this big disaster.

It's been easy to predict because they've done a good job of writing the story.

Having it be anything other than Emrakul would satisfy people looking for a twist, but would be terrible writing.

kirblar

It's been easy to predict because they've done a good job of writing the story.

Having it be anything other than Emrakul would satisfy people looking for a twist, but would be terrible writing.
Yup.

Look at HHH/Angle at Unforgiven (the moment things started going downhill) for why you don't change things up at the last minute.

Ashodin

Sorin is just a jobber to Ugin anyway so whatever

Anyway the first thought Nahiri had after getting back to Innistrad was "THE OTHER HALF" and probably deliberately setup the cryptoliths to mess with the plane's mana and Avacyn going nuts was the best outcome for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom