• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major new "Infinity War" characters revealed at D23 (SPOILERS)

The names are all star related.

Corvus is a constellation (the Raven)
Proxima is a star in the Centaurus constellation
Supergiant is a form of star, usually happening before a large star goes into Supernova
Black Dwarf is what happens to a small star after losing it's energy
Ebony Maw literally means Black Hole.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thanos looks like a dork with that popped collar.

EDIT
mjQPo1F.png

"Gimme your lunch money, nerd."

Toa TAK

Banned
I agree. That was at least for propaganda purposes and his role as Captain America is played as a bit of a joke with all those promotional videos.

But no real self respecting villain picks a name like fucking Supergiant
Dude super villains have dumb names all the time and the hill you want to die on is Supergiant? Lol

Lemme go ask my bros Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin to see what they think.

I think Vision is going to get locked up in a cell (captured by the Black Order/Ebony Maw) like Thane in Infinity and the Avengers are going to try and rescue him. That's my guess for the the end of the movie with them failing and Thanos completing the Gauntlet.

aadiboy

Dang, forget Thanos, that guy on the right looks twice as huge as him. Thank god they're actually giving the main villain some decent henchman to fight against rather than weak minions like in the previous Avengers.

Dang, forget Thanos, that guy on the right looks twice as huge as him. Thank god they're actually giving the main villain some decent henchman to fight against rather than weak minions like in the previous Avengers.

Don't take BlackDwarf seriously. He is the weaker of the bunch.

I would rather then just spent more time with Thanos.

They have barely made him a character but we get to spent lots of time with his job squad.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I would rather then just spent more time with Thanos.

They have barely made him a character but we get to spent lots of time with his job squad.

I actually think this will help with that. Showing his interactions with his family, much like Gamora and Nebula once were, will tell us more about his character.

I wish Proxima had her gold metal arm and the larger two pronged helmet from the comics, but otherwise all four look top notch. Corvus Glaive looks sublime tbh.

So excited for the Black Order.

SArcher

Banned
Black Dwarf was the biggest jobber. Gets his ass handed to him by Black Panther, then gets knocked the fuck out by Thanos and finally gets his head smashed in by Ronan.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's a shame they took these from Hickman's run, but without Namor/Reed and the Illuminati buildup they're just going to be generic, throw away bad guys.

Like Hickman's stuff is all part of a long range story. Just taking shit and throwing it into an Avengers film.... sigh.

SpaceWolf

Banned
This is going to be the busiest film of all time. How many fucking characters can they squeeze in?

Scarlett Johansson stated in a recent interview that there's a particular scene she's in where there are approximately 65 Marvel characters running around.

It's going to be big.

Top Bottom