• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D Confirmed as 13th Feb release, Special Edition Majoras Mask 3DSXL

oatmeal

Banned
B9gP_4FCcAAUQLZ.png:large

I'm peanut butter and jealous.

burgerdog

Can I simply transfer my 3DS XL's saves to my laptop and and then copy them to my N3DS SD card? I'm wondering if it's more complicated than this because I plan to trade in my 3DS XL to gamestop to use as credit for the new one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We're less than 3 days away, I have ordered the Skull Kid Limited Edition in 3 different shops. None of them have a shipping estimate.

I'm seriously getting worried.

GameStop.

This is my first Nintendo device since the DS Lite.

GameStop.

I have patiently waited for a 3DS and held put even longer when the N3DS was announced.

GAMESTOP.

I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GRAB A MM EDITION N3DS XL AS SOON AS IT BECAME AVAILABLE.

WHY. HAVEN'T. YOU. SHIPPED. MY. SHIT. YET.

GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!

*passes out*

Also, gonna be a new 3DS owner so what should I know about account setup right off the bat, thanks.

Maengun1

After watching a few unboxing videos, I actually think I prefer the plain red over the MM console. But I'm not sure how much of that is my brain rationalizing the fact that I will never get the MM console.

I'm still gonna go looking for one

yami4ct

After watching a few unboxing videos, I actually think I prefer the plain red over the MM console. But I'm not sure how much of that is my brain rationalizing the fact that I will never get the MM console.

I'm still gonna go looking for one

No offense to those that like it, but I've always thought the MM 3DS looked sort of crap. The gold coloring looks super garish when combined with the giant mask design. Had they put that design on a purple or other nonmetallic background, it would haver worked. It also would have been awesome if it had the tradition hylian shield or triforce design. As it stands, it's kind of the worse of both worlds. I far prefer the Monster Hunter one.

Cider

Day 3 of paranoia CS support update: Looks like the hold really was removed and the funds processed. Everything looks good for now.

All 3 of them told me it won't be shipped until release date though so boo

No offense to those that like it, but I've always though the MM 3DS looked sort of crap. The gold coloring looks super garish when combined with the giant mask design. Had they put that design on a purple or other nonmetallic background, it would haver worked. It also would have been awesome if it had the tradition hylian shield or triforce design. As it stands, it's kind of the worse of both worlds. I far prefer the Monster Hunter one.
I honestly think all n3DS XL's look bad.
No offense to those that like them. Blue was the only decent one IMO.
Regular is pretty basic, but it is meant to be replaced by a cover you like so I forgive it. Plus I can freely change the theme at will.

yami4ct

I honestly think all n3DS XL's look bad.
No offense to those that like them. Blue was the only decent one IMO.
Regular is pretty basic, but it is meant to be replaced by a cover you like so I forgive it. Plus I can freely change the theme at will.

I can see it. I like the finish used on them, and I love the Brushed Aluminum/Fur look of the Monster Hunter one, but Nintendo Designs do tend to be function over form. None of the limited edition New 3DSs really hold a candle to the Triforce 3DS XL or the Fire Emblem 3DS. Both of those are fantastic.

I can see it. I like the finish used on them, and I love the Brushed Aluminum/Fur look of the Monster Hunter one, but Nintendo Designs do tend to be function over form. None of the limited edition New 3DSs really hold a candle to the Triforce 3DS XL or the Fire Emblem 3DS. Both of those are fantastic.
Triforce 3DS XL is one of the better LE's. Also I like Pokémon X and Y designs since they were subtle. MM XL is too flashy and MH4 is a bit too basic. We will probably get a FE Limited Edition, so I hope it is good. It is easy to forget OG XL had so many LE's that sucked.
Edit: Also silver gloss will probably not reflect light as much, so MH4 wins the best starting edition for me because of that.
Edit 2: This is a newer LE that I like...

yami4ct

Triforce 3DS XL is one of the better LE's. Also I like Pokémon X and Y designs since they were subtle. MM XL is too flashy and MH4 is a bit too basic. We will probably get a FE Limited Edition, so I hope it is good. It is easy to forget OG XL had so many LE's that sucked.

Nintendo is super hit or miss on LEs. There's a lot of ones that should have been fantastic, like the Persona Q one, that turned out poorly for one reason or another. The Zelda ones are the only ones that are fairly constantly cool.

It's just a shame that the XL doesn't have faceplates too. I understand problems with shelf space and all that, but I'd love to have had an XL size device I could customize whenever I wanted. Imagine all the cool Limited Edition faceplates we could have gotten. Oh well, I'll be happy with what I got.

It's just a shame that the XL doesn't have faceplates either. I understand problems with shelf space and all that, but I'd love to have had an XL size device I could customize whenever I wanted. Imagine all the cool Limited Edition faceplates we could have gotten? Oh well, I'll be happy with what I got.
Yeah, it is odd they didn't make the covers consistent from both editions instead opting to make the top cover harder to remove.
That means no third party retail support, but people online will probably make custom covers.

If I was I their shoes, I would have made easy to remove covers and just not make faceplates for them. Let third party do that.

wwm0nkey

Not MMXL but I got the Monster Hunter one and just got my payment corrected. I paid for day 1 shipping but did they start shipping it already or will I have to wait until Saturday / Monday?

I want a physical copy of OOT 3D, but it seems I'm late to that party.

still think they should have had a semi limited print run again, or order through Nintendo
i dont want digital unless its $20

I saw the tags for the N3DS XL including majoras mask system, i am ready for friday :p

KevinG

Check locally. I've seen copies around.

I stumbled upon a site to check stock of amiibos at Target, but can't seem to find it again. I wonder if I can search for OOT through that site.

still think they should have had a semi limited print run again, or order through Nintendo
i dont want digital unless its $20

I saw the tags for the N3DS XL including majoras mask system, i am ready for friday :p

I agree. I won't pay more than $20 for a digital copy.

I want a physical copy of OOT 3D, but it seems I'm late to that party.

Check Amazon often. I got it earlier today for $41.91 new (this includes shipping of $5.95) as sold by PNP Games. Right now I see it's going for $75.94, but you might catch a seller being reasonable. Guaranteed to be tight window of opportunity.

Meanwhile, here in America, it's almost...

hqdefault.jpg

I'm picking the game up at best buy in upstate NY at the biggest mall in the Northeast. I can feel the excitement.

KevinG

Check Amazon often. I got it earlier today for $41.91 new (this includes shipping of $5.95) as sold by PNP Games. Right now I see it's going for $75.94, but you might catch a seller being reasonable. Guaranteed to be tight window of opportunity.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for it. I managed to snag a GameCube adapter from Amazon a couple weeks ag, so maybe I'll get lucky here.

Cider

Phillips #00 screwdriver get!
32GB MicroSD get (Although I just checked and it's Sony and I'm not sure if it'll work omg i'm worried ;___;)
Cover and screen protectors should get here before the console itself.

Me so excited me so excited fun fun fun

Cider

wouldnt you need the DCPI or whatever that number is to look it up?

The DCPI is 207-01-0402

I tried looking for one in Jersey City for a friend but it didn't show anything and says Nintendo New 3DS XL - Majoras Mask Edition
Available at approximately 0% of Stores nationwide.

Can anyone with more experience with the site give some advice?

For you guys using the Brick Seek site, I'd advise giving it a day or so to update. I checked a store using the site that I know for a fact has them in stock as of today, but brick seek still shows as having none in stock.

The DCPI is 207-01-0402

I tried looking for one in Jersey City for a friend but it didn't show anything and says Nintendo New 3DS XL - Majoras Mask Edition
Available at approximately 0% of Stores nationwide.

Can anyone with more experience with the site give some advice?

we were axing about the OoT 3DS. For N3DSXL MM, your best bet is to use that site on thursday to make sure stores have em in stock.

Top Bottom