• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mameda Bakaru releases Nov 20 on Switch

Thought 2023 couldn't possibly get any better? Behold the spiritual successor to Ganbare Goemon :

Otogikatsugeki Mame Tanuki no Bakkel - Oracle Matsuri Taro's Festival!!

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Looks pretty fucking great. Are the original creators of Goemon behind this, like Suikoden devs are behind Eiyuden Chronicles?

NT80

What's the connection with Ganbare Goemon? Are any of the developers from that series involved?

Looks pretty fucking great. Are the original creators of Goemon behind this, like Suikoden devs are behind Eiyuden Chronicles?
I believe so. “In addition, Good Feel is a company where the development staff who worked on the "Ganbare Goemon" series gathered” - 4gamer

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I believe so. Apologies I can’t find a link.

No worries mate. I guess more info will come at a later stage. That name in the OP was a mouthful though, can't even pronounce it, so crossed fingers for a western release with a physical copy attached. Anyway, Switch continues to be the best retro/indie machine.

Game is out Friday in Japan. Western release has been confirmed but no date yet. Given that this is basically a platformer I don't think importing will be a terrible experience.

Impotaku

Been looking forward to this one for months, hopefully amazon japan don’t screw up it’ll arrive at my post box in Tokyo on release day then a few days to get it to the uk.

Impotaku

Ended up giving in & grabbing it digitally as i couldn't wait for my physical to turn up. Only played the first 4 stages but holy shit is it good the level of polish on this thing is amazing it really does feel like Goemon the areas are so fun to explore & play in there's Japanese culture packed in all over the place.

Top Bottom