• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The English manga is literally at the same point where the anime ended.

The next double volume doesn't get released till next year.

The scans are literally at the same place too.

It's like every translation of this series has come to a complete stop at the same place, wwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Well that sucks lol .

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Good chapter, but now i'm confused on some things. How long ago did Doflamingo become King? Because it says Doflamingo brought in the Toy Fruit user 10 years ago, but when he took over Dressrosa from the past king, the toy soldier was already a toy so i'm assuming toys were already a thing.

He was likely transformed during an initial stage of the coup. He's wearing some kind of cloak, probably a remnant of his original outfit, when Rebecca and Scarlet see the kingdom burning. He might've run back to protect them shortly after his transformation, if he was a relative. I think he's probably Rebecca's father.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach

Bleach

I doubt that the thin ice can kill Buzz-B especially since he has Blut Vene. The first 4 pages were crap. Wasting time on Omeada.
Buzz-B will use Volstandig and put up a great fight. If Kubo want to make a real twist he will make Hitsugaya lose, but that´s unlikely.
Ice boy actually has a pretty shitty win/lose ratio:

Aizen -- Lost
Luppi -- Won
Harribel -- Lost (basically)
Aizen again -- Lost
PSP kid from that one stupid arc -- Won

Plus he made the mistake of revealing his power first so Ice Boy will surely need to be saved by someone by the battle's end. Hopefully not Momo.

Bleach

Matsumoto still best character.

kRszu0k.png

Matsumoto showed off Kubo's new art style pretty well this chapter. When she first appeared this chapter, she was her normal design with big boobs. But after that she went into Kubo's new ...sugary sweet(?) art style where fanservice is de-emphasized for more moe/comedic looks. I like it.

Haikyuu!! 74
tumblr_msxpb6yVnc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Hilarious, and kind of cute, I guess, for Nishinoya to be back there, he could even completely hide behind Sugawara. Stingy Tsuki was my favorite part followed in part by the continuing Hinata Kenma txting. Cant wait for Volleyball action to pick up.

Korosenai

He was likely transformed during an initial stage of the coup. He's wearing some kind of cloak, probably a remnant of his original outfit, when Rebecca and Scarlet see the kingdom burning. He might've run back to protect them shortly after his transformation, if he was a relative. I think he's probably Rebecca's father.

The timeline's pretty wonky so far:

900 years ago - Conflict between Doflamingo family(?) and Dwarfs begins
20 years ago - Kyros disappears
15 years ago - Vergo joins the marines as a mole
10 years ago - Doflamingo becomes a Warlord and takes over Dressrosa

Alright, I think i'm understanding it all now. grandjedi's timeline definitely helped, as I forgot Doflamingo became a Warlord 10 years ago, so it kind of puts everything together nicely.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

This was one of the best chapters in a long time IMO.

The back story was a little generic, but interesting nonetheless. I can't wait to see what happens next, things look pretty hopeless at the moment.

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

This was...surprisingly good. I don't know why but I really liked this chapter. Its been awhile since I looked forward to the next chapter in this way.

Lain

I want to post the page with a dude with a dildo in one hand and a stapler in the other, going "I heard that this is the controller for the new gaming console", but I wonder if that would get me in trouble.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I really.. don't understand why Sarutobi regenerated. He got his top half blown off by the same attack that blew off Minato's arm.

Maybe Orochimaru re-summoned him off panel. :D

Spongebob

Banned
I really.. don't understand why Sarutobi regenerated. He got his top half blown off by the same attack that blew off Minato's arm.

Maybe Orochimaru re-summoned him off panel. :D
The attack only started taking that effect after Obito gained control of the Juubi internally.

Tobirama was already hit by the same technique before Obito gained control and regenerated.

Pimpwerx

One Piece
Sad story for Rebecca, but I guess they all are. There's no way she's becoming a Straw Hat though, right? After this chapter, I almost expect her to get the miramira fruit from Luffy and become a SH. Nah....

Naruto
I've enjoyed the post-war events, whereas I hated the war itself. I like the story about the Sage of the Six Paths. It's funny that it's written on the Uchiha stone of all places. I wonder if the Uzumaki clan had something similar in their possession before being destroyed. Looks like Madara still thinks he's gonna run the show, so I expect Obito to go down soon. I also find it funny that Sarutobi shows up now after missing in action for a few chapters. I know he got thrashed, early, but it's still funny. Also, was Naruto getting mad at Sasuke or the carnage? I assume the carnage, but the panel sequence was weird.

Bleach
Hitsugaya not completely sucking? That's cool. Seems he is definitely stronger. In the past, he'd whip out his bankai and then get worfed. Looks like he could win this one. PEACE.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The attack only started taking that effect after Obito gained control of the Juubi internally.

Tobirama was already hit by the same technique before Obito gained control and regenerated.

Hmmmm I guess so. I thought that Hashirama and Tobirama were both clones when that attack hit them, but re-reading it it looks like only Hashirama was a wood clone, Tobirama was the original reanimation. So he indeed recovered.

I'LL ALLOW IT.

Though it's the same technique either way, it seems like that effect should have been in place regardless of the level of control over it. Seemed like a fundamental characteristic. OH WELL.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 04

At least the dialogue is still interesting. Of course doesn't look like the useless protag is going to fail now that the tsundere is visiting again.

dumbyugi

World Trigger 1-5

Glasses nerd sucks. :3 is pretty alright. It's been pretty boring so far. It kind of reminds me of a worse Psyren. Except instead of going to the world with monsters the monsters are coming to the world with humans. I'm undecided if I'll read more.

One Piece

Kyros being Toy Soldier might explain why nobody can remember what he looked like, as it was earlier stated that humans forget their toy companions former selves.

Matsumoto showed off Kubo's new art style pretty well this chapter. When she first appeared this chapter, she was her normal design with big boobs. But after that she went into Kubo's new ...sugary sweet(?) art style where fanservice is de-emphasized for more moe/comedic looks. I like it.

Yup. I like Matsumoto-Hitsugaya interaction and her new look improves it further. Also short hair > long hair.

Setsuna

I liked the panel whetre Matsuomoto calls out haineko she looked so elegant mature and cute all at the same time
Bleach

Ice boy actually has a pretty shitty win/lose ratio:

Aizen -- Lost
Luppi -- Won
Harribel -- Lost (basically)
Aizen again -- Lost
come on now two of those are aizen everyone loses to aizen and the other one was an incomplete match that basically ended with neither combatant doing any damage while one was almost drained of all energy and the other showed no signs of weariness

Raxus

One Piece

Love the final page. Feels all around, especially those last few panels.

Wait, another break?

KhC19yo.gif

I know right? I am glad Oda is getting more breaks. Lessens his chances of dying while writing the manga.

Still. The story really gets going and then BREAK.

Talk about blue balls.

Gintamen

Bleach
He's been doing that for a long time already. Just not that often.

Beelzebub - 220

That new character had that awkward emotionless personality going on, it didn't go off as cool to me like usual. Maybe it's because of the character design. Also I knew that kid that looked like Oga was going to be strong, mostly because the way they introduced him as looking like Oga and being a rookie. Things are picking up regardless, just in a weird way.

bigkrev

World Trigger 1-5

Glasses nerd sucks. :3 is pretty alright. It's been pretty boring so far. It kind of reminds me of a worse Psyren. Except instead of going to the world with monsters the monsters are coming to the world with humans. I'm undecided if I'll read more.

You need to get past the "bully of the week" part (I think its over by chapter 7?). If you make it to chapter 10 and still don't like it, feel free to drop.

smurfx

get some go again
One Piece

That was an intense parallel to Vivi for a bit there. I'm actually down for something like that, if Rebecca mingles with the crew a bit and develops some kind of personality.

Also, it seemed like her fighting style might be based around winning without hurting the opponent? If so then that's unique enough for a 1-on-1 later in the arc, even if she appears way weaker than the minimum necessary.
rebecca can't join the crew unless she is stronger than usopp and it doesn't seem likely. well not unless she ends up eating ace's fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom