• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords overtakes Hades II and Black Myth: Wukong as Steam most wishlisted game

Draugoth

Gold Member
As revealed by SteamDB, the game Manor Lords has set a new milestone by overtaking other major titles as one of the most desired games on Steam.

1. Manor Lords
  2. Hades II
  3. Black Myth: Wukong
  4. Hollow Knight: Silksong
  5. Frostpunk 2
  6. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  7. ARK 2
  8. The First Descendant
  9. Unrecord
  10. Blight: Survival
  11. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  12. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
  13. Once Human
  14. Dune: Awakening
  15. Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  16. Light No Fire
  17. Monster Hunter Wilds
  18. Gray Zone Warfare
  19. Rooted
  20. SILENT HILL 2

Xtib81

I heard this game is being developed by one guy only. How is that possible ? (even if he's outsourcing).

kiphalfton

Well yeah. You can play as a pimp in this game.

Pgmqr8m.jpeg

Last edited:

AMSCD

Sometimes the lack of gaming knowledge on this dedicated forum is astonishing. It’s like there’s no other games in this medium outside the yearly 10 AAA games released.
This is true but the irony is that the forum also hates a big chunk of those AAA studios and laments the state of AAA gaming.

ssringo

Sometimes the lack of gaming knowledge on this dedicated forum is astonishing. It’s like there’s no other games in this medium outside the yearly 10 AAA games released.
I mean, you're not wrong but at the same time there's dozens of games released and announced every day. Kinda hard to keep up with them all; especially in a genre you dont play much of. I bet my Steam wishlist would get a lot of "what dat" responses.

Ozriel

M$FT
  1. Manor Lords
  2. Hades II
  3. Black Myth: Wukong
  4. Hollow Knight: Silksong
  5. Frostpunk 2
  6. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  7. ARK 2
  8. The First Descendant
  9. Unrecord
  10. Blight: Survival
  11. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  12. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
  13. Once Human
  14. Dune: Awakening
  15. Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  16. Light No Fire
  17. Monster Hunter Wilds
  18. Gray Zone Warfare
  19. Rooted
  20. SILENT HILL 2

4 from the top 10 on GamePass for 2024. Not bad, bought I’m not sure Ark 2 is for me.

Hades 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima are certainly going to get bought.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
People in the Total War and Mount & Blade communities have been looking forward to this for years now, it doesn't come as a surprise that it should be on so many wishlists. And I've said it before, but the fact that the entire thing has been developed essentially by just one dude is mindblowing.
Can you control a character during battles like in M&B?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
No, I don't believe that's possible. Maybe Slavic Magic will decide to add that later on, but given how complex adding such a feature can be, I'm not counting on it.
Oh okay, since you mentioned M&B I thought maybe it had that feature. Thanks anyway for the info!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Mate.

Theres people on here who straight face think Cyberpunk 2077 flopped.
ITs top 10 most played games of all time on Steam.
Its peaks on weekends higher than pretty much every SP game.

NeoGAF has some really out of touch posters who I often wonder if they actually like the gaming medium

vpance

This being developed by one guy gives me great hope for the future of gaming. We don’t need bloated monstrosities taking 7 years and 200 million to make great games.

What this guy has done is crazy impressive but it's a huge outlier on what's possible in dev these days. Mostly because of too much meddling on board exec and HR levels.

I could rant and rave about good recent and upcoming MMOs, but I'm aware enough to know that certain genres aren't the most well received and don't get as much attention, even on enthusiast forums like this one.

I hope the city building RTS game you are anticipating turns out great.

Whopsie guess Creative Assembly can start sweating lol
It is becoming pretty apparent that a lot of established teams just too big for what they are delivering. Bigger team -> more expensive to run. Consult "partners" for more inclusivity affects costs too.

Indie and small developers don't do any of this. Thus more productive and cheaper.

Ozriel

M$FT
It is becoming pretty apparent that a lot of established teams just too big for what they are delivering. Bigger team -> more expensive to run. Consult "partners" for more inclusivity affects costs too.

Indie and small developers don't do any of this. Thus more productive and cheaper.

Indies and smaller developers are struggling just as much these days. Bigger teams are required for AAA projects or projects with tons of content.

Top Bottom