• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2011 Desktop Thread -- Post your source images, dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

ikl7u6.PNG

[Source]

I Am Now said:
Not posting the source should be a bannable offense. One week minimum.

fine, the artist is a guy named Kamikaye who posts on both newgrounds and deviantart

a lot of his stuff is like this, so enjoy!

I Am Now

Banned
Frankenstrat said:
fine, the artist is a guy named Kamikaye who posts on both newgrounds and deviantart

a lot of his stuff is like this, so enjoy!
Links, motherfucker! Give. me. a. link!
inb4 someone posts link from zelda

I Am Now said:
Links, motherfucker! Give. me. a. link!
inb4 someone posts link from zelda

christ, google search "kamikaye newgrounds" or "kamikaye deviantart", I seriously just gave you all the info you would need [the one I posted is one of his newer ones, not hard to find]

MrBig

Frankenstrat said:
christ, google search "kamikaye newgrounds" or "kamikaye deviantart", I seriously just gave you all the info you would need [the one I posted is one of his newer ones, not hard to find]
Junior.

Satch

Banned
Click for bigger image.

Wonder Woman Source + Power Girl Source
I think it's easier to make something "cool" on a background with darker colors. I was going through the thread trying to get something that worked and came to the conclusion that the bright colors make it way too hard. I want to do more but that won't be happening with these wallpapers. :(

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Made a new one just now (just a simple canvas extension considering she's surrounded by black). Its of Roisin Murphy...

p4eRf.jpg

EmmanuelMunoz said:
TrilogyPosterBackground[IMG]
[URL="http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Omnimo-3-1-for-Rainmeter-158707137"]Desktop Skin[/URL][URL="http://i.imgur.com/8Irur.jpg"]
Wallpaper kinda source. It is a reworked version of this[/URL][/QUOTE]

Think a source for the reworked version was posted a month or so back. Anyway here's a link to it: [url="http://i.imgur.com/t1P8x.jpg"]Trilogy Poster Wallpaper[/url]

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ridiculous question probably, but why can't I download the themes from deviantart? It just shows me a picture of some nice themes.... where's the link?!

EDIT: chrome issue

Threi

notag
One more VS added to the OP (Glass Onion)

They are really starting to look alike now...but this one is probably the best designed out of all of them. Very little things wrong with, works with all wallpapers unlike blend 2.0, which it looks VERY similar to.

Does anyone else have problems with the start orb changer? I've managed to change the orb but there's no mouse-over / click animation. Only the top image in the .bmp is displayed for any orb I select. When I revert back to the default orb the animation works as it should.

Threi

notag
Mechanical Snowman said:
Does anyone else have problems with the start orb changer? I've managed to change the orb but there's no mouse-over / click animation. Only the top image in the .bmp is displayed for any orb I select. When I revert back to the default orb the animation works as it should.
I can't say i've ever had that problem, no.

The orbs themselves have highlight/click animations though? I know some of them (like the token ones) don't.

Threi said:
I can't say i've ever had that problem, no.

The orbs themselves have highlight/click animations though? I know some of them (like the token ones) don't.
By animation do you mean the animated transition between the 3 orb types? I just meant that the orb never highlights as it should.

The .bmp shows 3 variations of the orb, but mine always stays on the top image. Also, the edges aren't anti-aliased properly if I change to a custom one, the edges are messed up like if you try and resize something in MS paint.

I tried every one of them in the example folder that the program comes with, the problem was persistent.

It's all I've got left to do to make the desktop perfect, I really hope there's a way around it.

Threi

notag
*edit* scratch them i tried all the default ones and they work fine...strange issue you have there. What version of windows 7 are you on?

*edit #2* are you on a higher DPI than the windows default?

Solune

Brettison said:
It's a chrome theme so it's not actually wallpaper ergo why I didn't link to it like I always do with my desktop stuff (see my other post above).

EDIT:Link Here for Chrome Theme!
Ah sucks there's not actually a wallpaper, but I did find the chrome theme before by googling google theme by Cyborg :lol. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Threi said:
*edit* scratch them i tried all the default ones and they work fine...strange issue you have there. What version of windows 7 are you on?

*edit #2* are you on a higher DPI than the windows default?
Yeah I saw the post before you edited and to test it out I downloaded some random ones I found on Google; same problem.

Here's an example of the artifacting round the edge:
wthpaf.jpg
This is apparent on every custom orb I select, though the original Win7 orb is smoothly anti aliased as it should be.

Hmm, how do I check my DPI, is that the same as resolution? My monitor is 1080x1920 and that is the resolution I'm on according the the Appearance and Personalisation page.

By the way, thanks for trying to help so far, I really appreciate it.

Threi

notag
if it's a big monitor than the dpi might indeed be changed.

To check it you right click your desktop > personalize

then under "see also" (bottom left corner) click "display"

The default is "smaller - 100%"

Either way you can try version 4 of the orb changer: http://kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Start-Orb-Changer-v4-153001999

I personally think that it's a tad buggy though (that's why I don't put it in the OP) and can leave you with a corrupted explorer.exe, but it does have some fixes to specific problems the old one had, it may solve your problem. Just make sure you make a copy of explorer.exe (with the default orb) first, for a quick fix if anything does go wrong.

If something does indeed go wrong, you can fix it by doing this:

1. press ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager
2. file > new task > browse
3. browse to c:/windows
4. rename explorer.exe to explorer_.exe
5. rename your explorer.exe copy to explorer.exe
6. run it

if you aren't comfortable with doing that if explorer.exe gets corrupted though then it's probably best to just leave the orb stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom