• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean this isn't true either...

Bliss is the champ and has beaten Lynch multiple times.
You had Nattie and Nikki going at it and before that Carmella and Nikki
And who knows if Maryse makes a full time in ring comeback after Mania or not

We just had three women's programs there: Bliss/Naomi, Becky/Mickie and Nikki/Nattie

Smackdown still has a lot of untapped feuds with the roster they have... they don't really need the Goldberg of women's wrestlers there.

Unless we get a completely differently booked much more mortal Asuka.

I think it is true, even if they do a better job of setting up other feuds. It's one of those divisions where either Becky is the champion or people are asking why Becky isn't the champion.

I think it is true, even if they do a better job of setting up other feuds. It's one of those divisions where either Becky is the champion or people are asking why Becky isn't the champion.

Again disagree, the title program between Bliss and Naomi was over completely fine all on it's own and so will Bliss/Nattie if they go that way.

They went back to Bliss over Becky when Naomi went down....

It is not Becky and the chumps.

Becky had an entire feud that wasn't about the title...

Again disagree, the title program between Bliss and Naomi was over completely fine all on it's own..

They went back to Bliss over Becky when Naomi went down....

It is not Becky and the chumps.
I'm pretty sure that's because they want Becky to get the Wrestlemania win. Even when Naomi was champ for a week or two the whole thing screamed it ended with Becky getting the belt back.

Adree

I'm pretty sure that's because they want Becky to get the Wrestlemania win. Even when Naomi was champ for a week or two the whole thing screamed it ended with Becky getting the belt back.

Nah, Becky is a victim of her own success somewhat. She's over with or without the belt and so they don't feel bad about beating her like she's the female Sami Zayn.

No way Naomi was absolutely the feel good story going into Mania... She'd likely have retained there.

Nah, Becky is a victim of her own success somewhat. She's over with or without the belt and so they don't feel bad about beating her like she's the female Sami Zayn.

That's actually pretty accurate... she's a bit more successful than Zayn mind you.

Maybe, depends on Naomi's status...

They've also been teasing something with Bliss and Nattie so we'll see.
That Natalya thing just makes me think fatal four way at Wrestlemania instead of a triple threat between Mickie, Alexa and Becky.

No way Naomi was absolutely the feel good story going into Mania... She'd likely have retained there.
I think WWE just wanted a champ from Florida walking in as champ given they mentioned it a billion times during the feud. Becky winning at Wrestlemania makes more sense given her continuously being screwed out from the belt.

Toki767

I just wish Bayley had a better story going into Mania than her illegitimate childhood dreams.

They botched, quite frankly, the easiest story they could have possibly told with Bayley and Charlotte.

It's really quite amazing when you think about it.

Becky won her last ppv match, when was the last time Zayn did?
That was the only singles one on one PPV match she ever won.

True (I think the reason pretty much every heel that needs to be established goes for a Becky beatdown is because she's over enough that it gets them automatic heat), but regardless of her booking it's very clear she's meant to be viewed as the number one woman on Smackdown.

They botched, quite frankly, the easiest story they could have possibly told with Bayley and Charlotte.

Considering how they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into Daniel Bryan winning at 30, I almost think this is Vince's revenge.

Sephzilla

WWE botching slam dunk storylines? No way.

> CM Punk storyline
> Daniel Bryan's WM30 journey was only saved by last second adjustments
> Not booking Bryan vs Brock at WM31
> Botching everything regarding Bayley

Beefy

6LrpRZ6.jpg

Amazing tat

I mean Asuka is basically a wtf do you do card...

Unless you just book her as being far less talented than she is...

At least on Raw there's women who can try and meet her level.

Like I am the biggest Alexa Bliss fan around here but she'll be straight up exposed by facing Asuka right now.

They completely fucked up by not having her lose the title in the Fatal Four Way at TakeOver in January.. I mean I guess it'll be Ember Moon who beats her now but then you're just changing the face ut doing the exact booking only worse because Moon has no charisma and despite the language barrier Asuka oozes it.

She would've lost the title, but Peyton and Billie took out Nikki for more than half of the fatal-four way, which certainly leaves the door open for Asuka most likely losing the belt on another multi woman match.

You guys see the headbutt spot with Ziggler at 31? The lengths Bryan would have gone to with Brock (who at 31 had a pure stiff-fest with Roman and likely would have done the same to Bryan) would have had his career probably end right there.

She would've lost the title, but Peyton and Billie took out Nikki for more than half of the fatal-four way, which certainly leaves the door open for Asuka most likely losing the belt on another multi woman match.

I fully believe it'll be Ember Moon vs Asuka one on one in Orlando.... where one undefeated wrestler is replaced by another. Which is too bad because they teased more Cross/Asuka with the finish at Takeover and Cross just smiling at Asuka from the wrecked announcer's table but nothing really came of it.

You guys see the headbutt spot with Ziggler at 31? The lengths Bryan would have gone to with Brock (who at 31 had a pure stiff-fest with Roman and likely would have done the same to Bryan) would have had his career probably end right there.

Or his life lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder how much of that was due to health concerns.

Bryan specifically said around that time that he doesn't think they'd let him wrestle Brock because they'd be afraid Brock would kill him in the ring.

But it would have been an amazing match!

More seriously though, it doesn't grind my gears that they didn't book Bryan/Lesnar at 31. What does is that they brought Bryan back for the rumble with no intention of having him win.

But it would have been an amazing match!

More seriously though, it doesn't grind my gears that they didn't book Bryan/Lesnar at 31. What does is that they brought Bryan back for the rumble with no intention of having him win.

Yeah that was idiotic... I get that they were afraid of repeating the crowd reaction to the Rumble before that but putting him in was almost worse and dropping him out so early was just... why?

DB should be wrestling, this is ludicrous.

What?

I like Bryan being alive.

Ziggler to slap about soulless brother again?
He's...about to...cut a promo where...he talks very slowly...with...a dead look in his eyes...because he thinks...that's how...heels cut...an...intense...promo.

How the fuck did Ziggler manage to find a worse promo style then screaming every word until he's red in the face about how this is his last shot and he can't get anymore after this?

WWE botching slam dunk storylines? No way.

> CM Punk storyline
> Daniel Bryan's WM30 journey was only saved by last second adjustments
> Not booking Bryan vs Brock at WM31
> Botching everything regarding Bayley

Fuck, even just plain botching the Punk storyline would have been better than where shit went

How the hell do you go from Cena/Punk to HHH/Nash: Sledgehammer on a Pole. Oh wait, HHH.

Pikma

Banned
According to Cagesideseats Sasha was supposed to beat Nia by grabbing the ropes but she botched it, which means she's definitely turning heel

Top Bottom