• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 Review Thread: First Reviews In

Snaking + original DS can only result in massive hand cramps. Why not save everyone the arthritis?

You doing it wrong. I snake like a mofo on the DS Phat and experience no hand cramps. Then again I never had issues with Metroid Prime Hunters either...

Holepunch

Kind of glad to see snaking still in. Hell it's still using the same egg cart from Mario Kart DS.

I can understand why it's opposed, besides being unintuitive, zigzagging down a straight track looks dumb. I prefer to think of it more as countering your momentum by chaining it with a drift in the opposite direction. Like if you drift around a left corner, and you end up boosting a bit towards the left corner, so to get out you quickly drift to the right and boost. Now if you counter that right drift's momentum with a drift to the left, bam. Snaking.

That said, having one video showing one guy performing it isn't world ending. Theres nothing saying he's actually making better headway than he would by just going straight, or that snaking works on all 50cc, 100cc and 150cc. And even if it does? It doesn't look like it was as much as an advantage as snaking in Mario Kart DS was. Just speculation though.

Top Bottom