• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe battle mode videos

hollomat

Banned
They go through the options in the menus vid and it goes from 1-5 minutes only.

Damn that really kills my excitement for the mode. Don't see why they couldn't just add an unlimited mode, but based on them never adding stock to smash bros online, it won't happen.

If we are vocal enough, they may do something as it really should not be hard to implement.

And like I said before, let us do 200cc in custom battle mode matches!! fff

Let's get vocal!

I'll probably just stick to shine thief and bob-omb battle if they never add this option.

Roo

It's crazy that it took them two decades to bring back the classic battle mode. Why did they get rid of it in the first place? Did they really have no idea of how popular it was?
I wouldn't say it's that popular.
Battle Mode has been an afterthought ever since Double Dash and the Wii U version was a whole new level of garbage but since they couldn't get a new MK game in time they HAD to fix the MK8 one.

Damn that really kills my excitement for the mode. Don't see why they couldn't just add an unlimited mode, but based on them never adding stock to smash bros online, it won't happen.

I think timed makes sense for online.

You don't want a bunch of people sitting around while the remaining two could theoretically duke it out until the end of time. You want to keep people moving to different matches.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think timed makes sense for online.

You don't want a bunch of people sitting around while the remaining two could theoretically duke it out until the end of time. You want to keep people moving to different matches.

At east allow it o be longer than 5 mins and whats the point of 1 min modes. 5 should be minimum and it goes up from there.

Skeletos311

Wanderer5

So did MK8 on WiiU not have battle mode, or that it barely existed?

Nice that they fixed that for this version if so, cause battle mode can rock!

Skeletos311

So did MK8 on WiiU not have battle mode, or that it barely existed?

Nice that they fixed that for this version if so, cause battle mode can rock!

It had a half-assed battle mode that nobody liked. It had people running around the Grand Prix tracks trying to kill each other.

Mattenth

Just noticed that the official MK8D page says that it supports "up to 12 players." Is that going to be true right at launch given the lack of online services?

Wanderer5

It had a half-assed battle mode that nobody liked. It had people running around the Grand Prix tracks trying to kill each other.

Ah, so what I can tell, it was basically balloon battle on the tracks. I guess that is kind of cool, but wtf with battle mode just being that for that version.

Plum

Love that the Splatoon map goes to the "1 minute left" music from that game. Really thought they'd not bother and just up the tempo of the song that's already playing.

Top Bottom