• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has changed my mind about HD Rumble

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I think Blaster Master vs. Mario Kart is a good comparison on how to fuck up vs. how to properly utilize hd rumble. Mario Kart's implementation is subtle and unobtrusive. it enhances the game feel without becoming a distraction. some people might not even notice it because of those factors. Blaster Master, by contrast, goes way too far overboard. it's way too intense and way too actually loud. it stands out in a negative way and detracts from the game.

in short, more Mario Kart less Blaster Master

srsly anyone in this thread ever played starfox on n64 with the rumblepack ?
it was 50% of the experience

Wow, so many responses in the thread that just say "feels like normal rumble." That's fascinating to me because I felt the difference right away with the pro controller. Regular rumble just sort of buzzes from the center of the controller (or that's what it feels like). The rumble in Mario Kart 8 creeps up and down the grips depending on what you're doing. Reving up the engine at the beginning of the race is especially noticeable.

It's not a huge deal, but it fits the sound design well and feels nice. Good addition.

Top Bottom