• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC footage

jnWake

I like how the cars look. They seem like oversized toy car replicas being ridden by the Mario cast so it looks funny to me.

Also, changing the tires to some of the ridiculous ones that come with the game will look great.

I hope they get some bike/ATV DLC though, not only karts deserve this!

Berordn

Looks like only one new set of tires though.

I really hope they're working on a bug/balancing patch next.

I'd think they would have to be working on one to enable DLC support, but what would I know.

At the very least they'll have to patch it for amiibo support sometime next year.

flcl_carsplay___haruko__s_vespa_super_sport_180_by_boomerjinks-d4x1kfw.jpg

I want this.

boltz

Realistic cars look so wrong for this game. Especially since they're all 4 doors, and one character takes up all 4 doors.

Agree, having real cars in the game feels like product placement. Hopefully this doesn't take away from the development of real battle mode tracks.

Social

haha this is such a big example of Nintendo selling out. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does, OH BOY

Nanashrew

Banned
It's a special deal and it's totally free. I'm not complaining. With how this deal works I imagine it was Mercedes that went to Nintendo so Nintendo is getting some money out of this deal. As part of their new sponsor partnership plans.

I really like the Silver Arrow. I hope I can make it green because we saw a few colors in that video.

FSLink

Banned
Neat that there's more than 1 and they look cute.

Can a mod change the title so it says it's the Benz DLC? I thought this was some random new DLC announced at first glance and had a mini heart attack.

MilesTeg

Banned
Cool that it's free. I'll echo other sentiments though and ask for some real DLC. Nintendo should do us a solid and give us some new tracks for free (as to no segregate the online community).

Delio

I like how the cars look. They seem like oversized toy car replicas being ridden by the Mario cast so it looks funny to me.

Also, changing the tires to some of the ridiculous ones that come with the game will look great.

I hope they get some bike/ATV DLC though, not only karts deserve this!

Now that im using bikes more yes. Give me some branded bikes to ride around on.

Lowmelody

Those are pretty neat. I'll gladly give them a shot but it will be hard to pry the pipe-frame kart from my heart.

Free DLC is good DLC.

DryvBy

No they didn't. That's not free and that's not even a picture of the right game.

They didn't give this as DLC? Weird, because I paid for it. Which brings me to my next point: when did I say free? I just said they gave that as DLC.

And they still gave Ryo DLC. That picture just looked cooler to illustrate my point.

Marche90

Not gonna lie, the 25 W looks awesome and it fits the game. The others not so much, but eh, free DLC, I'll take it.

hwy_61

Banned
They didn't give this as DLC? Weird, because I paid for it. Which brings me to my next point: when did I say free? I just said they gave that as DLC.

And they still gave Ryo DLC. That picture just looked cooler to illustrate my point.

giving is not the same as selling. When you say give, it makes me think you got it for free.

So they really are gonna use DLC to add in features that should have been there at launch. Maybe we will get a real battle mode, eventually.

It's probably an update and the DLC is free anyway.

Also more from Cheesmeister.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/496833051305857024

Default menu selection following GP changing to next race. Last used kart customization added to save. Edit others' highlights.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/496833418101936128

Records screen w/ total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc. being added. Improved online stability.

Isotope

I think what I'm most excited for (According to Cheese's translations), is that "Next race" will be the default choice after a race, instead of "View Highlight Reel".

Anyway, Free DLC is always a good thing, so no complaints here.

Son Of D

So they really are gonna use DLC to add in features that should have been there at launch. Maybe we will get a real battle mode, eventually.

Seeing that it's free and Nintendo probably not wanting to fragment the userbase I can see this all being a part of a mandatory patch as opposed to downloading it from the eshop.

Top Bottom