• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 getting a red case in NA? Claims nintendo.com

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mine is red, and I am from Europe. No idead was it limited. I think I bought mine Day One
Just to add mine was also red.

Yeah, really odd they didn't make the banner red. Maybe just a mistake as a result of the previous box art having a blue banner and they just haven't updated it.

Looks hilariously bad, if they do manage to release it like this first mario kart game I ever skip regardless how fun the actual game looks. NoA should be embarassed, this incompetant mess. Sad to say I might not be picking this up just because the case is red...

lol.

If true, sounds fine to me. I'll swap it for a red Mario game.

Norns

Looks hilariously bad, if they do manage to release it like this first mario kart game I ever skip regardless how fun the actual game looks. NoA should be embarassed, this incompetant mess. Sad to say I might not be picking this up just because the case is red...
I hope this is a joke.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Nah. This can't be true.

Nah. Its a joke I am sure.

Eiolon

So basically I need to stroll through eBay looking for the cheapest Wii U game so I can steal the case to replace the red one with it.

MYE

See through aquamarine blue would look better and go with the anti-gravity light theme going on

DedValve

Banned
My slapped together edit:

ioIuiVf5iUhpX.png

Make the 8 red and you've got yourself a good box/boxart combination. Not that hard Nintendo.

ALM5252

if it does come in a red case and not with a red banner, I'll order one blue case from the online Nintendo store.

Grizzo

Huh? That's clearly a European copy of the game (USK and round Seal), but I'm pretty sure the case was actually black for MKDD in Europe. All copies of MKDD I saw (including mine) were in black case. Was this limited run or what?

No it was red in Europe. I'm from France and mine is red as well. I didn't pre-order the game back then, just bought it a few days after its release date.

But my copy of Mario Kart 7 is white, just like any 3DS game. Is the red one Japan only?

Haines

Banned
They will want the box to stand out on shelf. Don't believe for a second nintendo isn't praying this game helps wiiu a lot and they want those Wii Mk steering wheel casuals to notice a new ones out and finally buy a wiiu

Calamari41

41 > 38
Looks fine, but the red and blue do clash.

Nintendo should have gone with the red and gold combo from the Nintendo Selects logo/boxes for the Wii U's color scheme over the strange aqua blue.

NintendoSelects.jpg

Looks classy.

Prestige Capo

Neo Member
It would look pretty nice if they made the label red too, although this is one of the only boxarts that goes well with the blue case.

It will be sad if this is the final box. It seems like everyone on this board immediately understands the banner needs to be red for this to make sense. How can the people who are paid to create the packaging not recognize this?

Roo

517MqXtmOIL.jpg

Amazon put the box up, it's happening it seems.
Well... The good news is that I have ZombiU which will look perfect with this red case.
Mario Kart 8 is one of those titles that make perfect sense with a blue case...
NoA, you're so fucked up.

Top Bottom