• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Toys Now Available in McDonalds Happy Meals

JLeack

Banned
I can confirm that Mario Kart 8 toys are now included in any Happy Meals ordered in the United States. There are a total of eight toys, seven of which are miniature karts featuring the most popular characters in the franchise, and one red visor. The toys measure about 2" in length and height.

MarioKart8HappyMeal2.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of older people showing interest in collecting these. I'm curious if any of you plan on getting one or more for yourself, and which toy you want the most.

An image of what it looks like up close, as well as the commercial, can be seen here: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...8-toys-now-available-in-mcdonalds-happy-meals

Phil S.

Banned
Any idea if and when these will appear in the Netherlands?

I've no idea if McDonald's around the globe share Happy Meal toy lines. If not, could you try out eBay when they've been more readily available or get a GAFfer to hook you up with some?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying to decide if I want to bother trying to collect these. I doubt these would go up in value, and the collector in me is conflicted if this is worth pursuing and displaying . Guess I could see if my friend wants to dual-collect them.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
No Happy Meal for me I'm vegetarian :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone in Sweden found these yet?

I was excited to get these, especially Donkey Kong, but there were no McDonalds down in Amish country.
Guess I'll have to look tomorrow when I head out of state lol.

Just in case anyone is going to pursue these, a few things to keep in mind. (from my young years with Beanies and the recent Pokemon/Skylanders promos):

-Be Nice to the workers. Most will let you dig around in the box if they keep them in one. That way you can personally see if there are other numbered figures mixed in.

-Go in to ask for the toys, and try at times when its not super busy. I've found in drive through lines they have a really hard time trying to go and look and see what toy they have. I think the toys are kept closer to the front than the side windows. If its not super busy, again you might be able to look better at the figures

-Check around and don't pay a lot. Most McDs will sell the toy separately for $1.50. Don't pay more, and don't pay tax on them; some stores will charge more and some also add tax to it. Not all do, so just look around and see what stores have what. You might also find some stores have their Customer Satisfaction Box (I think that's what it's called). There's a full set of the toys in it.

RPGCrazied

I'll check tomorrow, but most of my Mcdonalds suck. I'm sure its still the how to train your dragon frisbees. I only want mario/luigi though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
-Check around and don't pay a lot. Most McDs will sell the toy separately for $1.50. Don't pay more, and don't pay tax on them; some stores will charge more and some also add tax to it. Not all do, so just look around and see what stores have what. You might also find some stores have their Customer Satisfaction Box (I think that's what it's called). There's a full set of the toys in it.
Friend just called & said one of the 4 McDs in my town had that Customer Satisfaction Box and said he was able to get them all and was gonna buy me one as well. Said he bought that along with some nuggets, large fries, & a drink and it was about $15 total, so hopefully it should be around $10-$12 for all 8 toys.

Mr-Joker

Banned
There're too many males and only one female, the last Mario Happy Meal didn't even include Peach.

I wonder if this on purpose or just an oversight.

I also got Mario and Luigi today. They have wheels!!!! It looks like for this week it's just Mario and Luigi.

The timing of the happy meal seems smart. Releasing the Mario Kart happy meal after a lot of the release and E3 hype is gone.

Joe T.

Just wan't to confirm they are doling out the Mario and Luigi cars in Richmond, BC at least. Weirdly enough in FIFA World Cup Happy Meal boxes. So Canada is a go.

Passed by a couple of McDonalds locations in Montreal the last few days (those $1 iced coffees are hard to resist on a hot day), no Mario Kart toys, at least not yet.

I'm not sure if they're in the UK or not. I would imagine probably not, at least not right now.

Found a McD near me had almost all of them....except for Bowser.

A4Y2ndN.jpg
2m5xB1W.jpg

Dong is amazing, and Peach actually looks kind of good. The hat is cute; its meant for a kid but the plastic can form around my head too

Lucked out coming to and from Chicago this past weekend and went 3 for 3 on toys. Got Mario, Luigi and Yoshi. The heads move too, which is kind of nice for posing and such.

Top Bottom