• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Toys Now Available in McDonalds Happy Meals

vazel

Banned
I was just looking at this today with my friend. I think I'm going to get a few. I'm going to make my mom and sister get them for me though so I won't look like a creeper.

Edit: Also, good on Nintendo for promoting their brands like this again. Now give us some cartoons!

I was just looking at this today with my friend. I think I'm going to get a few. I'm going to make my mom and sister get them for me though so I won't look like a creeper.

Edit: Also, good on Nintendo for promoting their brands like this again. Now give us some cartoons!
An animated MK movie would be the best. Get the Wreck it Ralph crew on it.

Rootbeer

Banned
I bought the full set of 8 on eBay for $20 with free shipping. Sure, I paid a little more... but it means no hunting and I don't have to endure the McDonald's ambiance.

These look great!

here is a review of the full set (the heads turn on each one, and toad even has a working propeller, nice!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbT5pxzXPI

y2dvd

I also got Mario and Luigi. I think I'll order inside and request certain characters. That happy face on the box is hella creepy. Damnit, they forgot my ketchup!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
An animated MK movie would be the best. Get the Wreck it Ralph crew on it.

Do you think anyone could handle an hour and a half of mario's voice saying dialog? You can make a captain n movie and have him go through all the worlds! NOW THAT I WOULD SEE!

RPGCrazied

Only want Mario and Luigi, went yesterday got Yoshi. Gave it to my 3 year old nephew. Hopefully I wont have to eBay these if I miss them.

RPGCrazied

Do they still give kids boxes?

Yes, even has a new mascot, which in my opinoun is kinda scary looking. Just imagine what kids might think.

mcd.jpg

Skele7on

Banned
You know you can buy the toys without the meal?

I did that when the UK one was on.

I want Mario Kart though :( booooo!

PrinceKee

You guys know McDonald's will let you buy them and not have to get happy meals? Long story short my son is having a mario themed birthday party and I bought some bogus mario kart toys from Amazon that came and were really small. So went to McDonald's and they let me buy them all for a buck and some change each...

vazel

Banned
I love how these come with extra stickers besides just the decals, I've been sticking them on my monitor.

So far I'm only missing Mario, Bowser, and Peach. I know I can buy the toys directly instead of getting them in Happy Meals but I prefer getting them in Happy Meals because it's like opening TF2 and CSGO crates. :D

Edit: Something I've noticed is that McDonald's seems to cycle one toy a day. Today(Saturday) I got Yoshi, Thursday I got Toad, Wednesday Luigi, and on Tuesday it was Donkey Kong. Whenever I ordered two Happy Meals the second Happy Meal was a duplicate of that day's toy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The cashier at the McDo near my office thought Bowser was Luigi.

She kept saying all they had left was Luigis but all they had were Bowsers.

Lucked out last weekend. Told the drive thru employee I wanted every one they had. She said she heard there were four but if they found more she could charge me at the window for extras. When I got to the window she said they found more in the back. I ended up with all of them except Peach. I'm assuming someone was nice and opened an extra box. I'll try calling this weekend and hope she has arrived.

ohlawd

lol guess I'm gonna do a city wide trip again. Been a week since then so I hope I get Toad, Bowser and Peach now.

I have all of them, including the visor, except Princess Peach. She's the last one I need to complete my collection.

I am keeping them sealed!

vazel

Banned
The cashier at the McDo near my office thought Bowser was Luigi.

She kept saying all they had left was Luigis but all they had were Bowsers.
I tried custom ordering the final three characters I needed and my McDonald's didn't know which characters were which either. I can't believe we live in an age where not knowing the names of Nintendo characters is a thing. :(

I'm not sure I'm going to bother getting the last three characters I need. I need to save space on my desk for the Amiibos anyway.

I was gonna look for some of these but my boss handed me a bag with all of them including the visor because his wife is general manager at McDs or something. Saved me a lot of trouble.

i got princess peach and bowser. don't call donkey kong "dong".

how much longer will these be around? i can only sneak buy one of these at a time with my coffee.

Mbrill82

Yeah that looks great. Dude probably paint/collects WarHammer miniatures.

I finally got my full set of MK8 toys, not including the visor because I didn't want it haha

Vormund

I hope these come to Australia. I was also fortunate enough to be in Japan at the time for those Mario figurines.

Top Bottom