• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey digital = 51$

GreenStig

Neo Member
I really hope Amazon uk don't delay in sending out the codes. I've had the opportunity to grab it from Tuesday but been holding out for digital.

Andyliini

I probably do not get the game until next week, since my game was only dispatched today, and finnish postal service is a quite slow one. Oh well...

Hopefully we at least get a Review Thread when they are released, or did we have one already?

Vertti

Those who bought digital version from South African eshop. Did you just use your credit card or did you have to buy eshop cards?

Seems like I won't get my digital code from amazon.jp before tomorrow and that's too late...

N30RYU

Those who bought digital version from South African eshop. Did you just use your credit card or did you have to buy eshop cards?

Seems like I won't get my digital code from amazon.jp before tomorrow and that's too late...
If you are from europe you can use your CC. if not you need to use eshop cards

In less than 5h it should unlock.

N30RYU

Thank god. I cancelled my amazon.jp orders so now I just need to make a new nintendo account.

Unless you have credit on your account wallet there's no need to create another account... just go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit change your country. Accept the changes and go to the eshop on the switch. You'll need to reenter your password and you can buy in that eshop... and once you buy what you want to buy go to that l8nk and change your country back.

The only downside is that everytime you change your country all the money left in the wallet is lost... so in countries where you have to use eshop cards you need to plan it carefully to put the enough amount to left the wallet at zero or nearly at zero.

Z6E1Z9O

Neo Member
Unless you have credit on your account wallet there's no need to create another account... just go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit change your country. Accept the changes and go to the eshop on the switch. You'll need to reenter your password and you can buy in that eshop... and once you buy what you want to buy go to that l8nk and change your country back.

The only downside is that everytime you change your country all the money left in the wallet is lost... so in countries where you have to use eshop cards you need to plan it carefully to put the enough amount to left the wallet at zero or nearly at zero.

Im willing to change my country but it doesnt let me because i have $0.02 how can i use it up so i can change my country?

N30RYU

Im willing to change my country but it doesnt let me because i have $0.02 how can i use it up so i can change my country?
I had also 2 cents and it let me change and loose that 2 cents via web.

Changed from the spanish eshop to the french eshop... try changing to a country wih the same currency first.

When I changed it the web warned me that I was about to lose the money

Z6E1Z9O

Neo Member

Changed from the spanish eshop to the french eshop... try changing to a country wih the same currency first.

Looks like i have to wait 7 hours =( no country worked with me

Did you get your code? Cant read french but does it say the codes will be sent out in 30 min?

Fedele

Bought it at Amazon JP, thanks for the tip! Here's what I had to do, in case it helps someone else:

1 - Checkout at the website and wait for the confirmation (I also had to create an Amazon JP account but it's easy since you can change the language to English)
2 - Go to https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/swvgdtt/your-account/manage-downloads.html and get your download code (it's right after "ダウンロード番号:")
3 - Login to https://accounts.nintendo.com/ , change your "Country/region of residence" to Japan and save
4 - Restart the eShop on your Switch, then go to the Redeem Code on your left-hand side (it could be in Japanese but it's usually one of the last options and it shows small blank squares where you can input your code)
5 - Input your code there, confirm by clicking on the orange buttons (usually in Japanese as well)
6 - Wait for it to download and then feel free to change your region back to the previous one by repeating step 3!

Happy Marioing everyone ;)

I woke up at 5 in the morning to go pee and saw my phone flashing. It was a text from my credit card company asking me if I was buying something from Japan. Texted them back "yes" and woke up to my code. Been playing all afternoon. It is pretty great.

Xenoblade

Can't buy it from the South African eShop because it just says that my credit card details are wrong. Called the bank, they say it's not a problem with my card and that my card should work anywhere in the world. Buying from Australia btw. Anyone know how to fix it?

If you are from europe you can use your CC. if not you need to use eshop cards

Which eshop cards though? Aren't the cards region locked? Which region does South Africa belong to?

Thanks Guys!!!! Just bought this using this link. I am super excited because I have not watched a single preview or trailer yet on purpose so I have no idea what me and the wife are about to play.

anceus

Neo Member
German user here with an amazon.de Account.
I pre ordered the code from amazon.fr (45€ insted 60). But when I go to my "Games and Software" Section I only can see my german orders... no Mario.
Under "Manage Your Content and Devices" my country is set to France
Do you guys have any idea?
Thanks in advance

Pilgrimm

German user here with an amazon.de Account.
I pre ordered the code from amazon.fr (45€ insted 60). But when I go to my "Games and Software" Section I only can see my german orders... no Mario.
Under "Manage Your Content and Devices" my country is set to France
Do you guys have any idea?
Thanks in advance

The game was 48 eur for German Amazon without prime.

Go into the.fr site login. You also should have gotten an email saying the game can now be downloaded

anceus

Neo Member
The game was 48 eur for German Amazon without prime.

Go into the.fr site login. You also should have gotten an email saying the game can now be downloaded

Yeah I know, but I missed it.
I got that email but no code. Luckily i was able to cancel the order via the customer support (with a lot of help from google translate) and i bought it in the South African Store

Top Bottom