• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle E3 2017 Trailer and Gameplay video

phanphare

Banned
If you go to the video, and set it to 60 fps (either 720p60 or 1080p60), and then move the video forward frame by frame by using the "." key, you will see that the game itself updates at 60 fps as well. There is really no doubt that the footage in the video is 60 fps, although you can't rule out the (rather unlikely imo) scenario where they transition from 60fps to 30fps.

did this, definitely 30fps

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I did this, too with the Polygon footage shared earlier, and it seemingly refreshed every frame except for a few places where it stuttered? Nintendo's Treehouse footage definitely is 30fps, though.

I'm kind of shocked I can't seem to find any tech analysis of this game on the internet from the big sites, given that people were able to capture direct feed footage of the game at E3, and the game itself caught a lot of attention. At the same time, I thought I remember watching a video that analyzed it and showed that the framerate was inconsistent, but perhaps I'm confusing it with another game.

This game looks good for what it is, but it just doesn't look like it's deep enough. I didn't expect xcom 2 mechanics-wise... but I want xcom 2 mechanics-wise. Not asking for that game, it's just hard to go backwards.

Reki

The game just dropped to €45 at some retailers in France, Amazon.fr should pricematch soon.

So the rumors of a price cut could be true? Maybe preorders aren't that good?

I'm really looking forward to this, even though I'm not that big of a Mario or Rabbids fan.

Zedark

On that Polygon video? It definitely refreshed every frame, which would be 60fps. Not sure what's going on here...

I checked some more footage,and every single other video I found was 30 fps. Maybe Polygon got some behind-the-scenes access, and played on a pc build of the game? It's the only explanation I can think of at the moment.

I've seen this at a convention though I didn't play it since the demo was 20 minutes long and they only had four demo pods.

It was definitely 30fps, and appeared to be 1080p docked. Coming from the Mario Odyssey demo (720p60) the difference in resolution was tangible.

I checked some more footage,and every single other video I found was 30 fps. Maybe Polygon got some behind-the-scenes access, and played on a pc build of the game? It's the only explanation I can think of at the moment.

Is there any capture or display tech that sorta interpolates frames? I actually thought I have noticed that in BotW on my Samsung TV- at some points when playing it on TV it looks like it's running far higher than 30fps, and far higher than the framerate on handheld mode.

I wonder if whatever capture technology Polygon used has a similar type of interpolation mechanism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation - this is probably it.

Thraktor

The video is definitely updating every frame. It's possible that it's interpolated from 30Hz to 60Hz, but that would be difficult to tell with a compressed YouTube video.

I did this, too with the Polygon footage shared earlier, and it seemingly refreshed every frame except for a few places where it stuttered? Nintendo's Treehouse footage definitely is 30fps, though.

I'm pretty sure all the Treehouse footage from this E3 was 30Hz, even the games which run at 60fps.

This game looks good for what it is, but it just doesn't look like it's deep enough. I didn't expect xcom 2 mechanics-wise... but I want xcom 2 mechanics-wise. Not asking for that game, it's just hard to go backwards.

We have no idea how deep it is, we've only been shown the first half of the first world. Being a Mario game it has to have a fairly gentle introduction, but if they're following the template of recent Mario platformers there could be some serious challenge towards the end.

Top Bottom