• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

Shahadan

When they thought that nobody was going to be so bold to just just leak the entire marketing pitch of their game?

I wonder if Ubi managed to get the people that leaked this like their previous leakers. Poor it.

I meant people expecting a big surprise from nintendo before we even knew about this game

When they thought that nobody was going to be so bold to just just leak the entire marketing pitch of their game?

I wonder if Ubi managed to get the people that leaked this like their previous leakers. Poor it.

Ubisoft never change, so why expect them to actually find the leakers when they still continue to do so lol

giphy.gif

I would still consider it UBISOFT'S big surprise. I don't think Nintendo really considers reviews a "Big Marketing Push" in the grand scheme for their games. More than likely Nintendo has it featured on their side with a short gameplay segment.

Nah, their big "surprise" is still that rumored pirate game that's probably going to release in March.

Little Mons†er;238473150 said:
Ubisoft never change, so why expect them to actually find the leakers when they still continue to do so lol

That might be one the best gifs I've ever seen.

Dystify

This game sounds worse, the more we hear about it.

Sounded kind of cool, when t seemed like you would get to actually use minor Mario universe characters as units. This...

This is trash.

I'm happy to live in a world where not everyone judges things where they barely know anything about. Wait a moment...

No, seriously. Don't judge the game so soon. You say "This is trash" as if you already knew everything about the game. If, after they showed a lot more after the game, it still doesn't appeal to you then that's fine. But right now it's way too early for reactions like yours.

For what it's worth, I mainly hear positive things about the game from people involved with it. I'm quite excited to be honest.

MTC100

Banned
I'm happy to live in a world where not everyone judges things where they barely know anything about. Wait a moment…

I guess people wouldn't be so pessimistic about it, if it weren't for those very unprofessional looking internal slides, heck even if they are internal, they tell a story of what the developers might think and honestly that's not looking very promising.

It also doesn't help to know Ubisofts track record of Rabbids games, the best are around 70%(very few) and most of them are in the 50s or below that. It's very hard to give this game the benefit of the doubt.

HeeHo

Loving the theme of this. I have only played Super Mario RPG so I don't have any attachments to the mushroom kingdom.

I'm very interested considering the goofy premise and the turn-based combat, which is getting rare on consoles.

It looks like it's coming out soonish too, nice.

Dystify

heck even if they are internal, they tell a story of what the developers might think and honestly that's not looking very promising.

This part is actually pretty interesting, because the developers and other people at Ubisoft are feeling very positive about the game from what I know. I wish those slides never went public, or rather everything that has leaked so far.

HeeHo

This part is actually pretty interesting, because the developers and other people at Ubisoft are feeling very positive about the game from what I know. I wish those slides never went public, or rather everything that's leaked so far.

What are people freaking out over though? I just came into this thread, had almost 0 info about the game, and I think it sounds awesome.

Do they not like some of the perceived edginess? I don't get it.

This game may be too far steeped in contemporary pop culture for its own good.

That is what I'm afraid of as well. The idea never clicked with me and reading this thread makes me even more skeptic. I'll reserve judgment for now but goddamn I really hope some of the stuff ITT turn out to be bullshit.

cand

My god people love to hate things. Can we please calmly discuss the Ubisoft and LKD (#teamSheWasRight) leak about Mario+Rabbids?

Facts:
1 - we didn't see the game yet
2 - ubisoft has a lot of great games (rayman legends/origins and splinter cell for starters)
3 - Ubisoft knows Mario and nintendo fans will be dicks about it if they did not get it right

So can we please be smart, hope this game is good and stop calling things we don't know anything about trash? Everyone wins if it is good. Everyone loses if it isn't.

Facts:
1 - we didn't see the game yet
2 - ubisoft has a lot of great games (rayman legends/origins and splinter cell for starters)
3 - Ubisoft knows Mario and nintendo fans will be dicks about it if they did not get it right

Here's another fact, though: Ubisoft is the company that is absolutely willing to lose respect of existing franchise's fans to appeal to another audience if they think this will break the bank. Granted, they're not exactly alone in this behavior.

Bog

Junior Ace
Watch this get canceled now, and everyone in here shitting on it will end up pining for it like it's Starcraft Ghost.

What are people freaking out over though? I just came into this thread, had almost 0 info about the game, and I think it sounds awesome.

Do they not like some of the perceived edginess? I don't get it.

There are several red flags I see:

•Ubisoft's rather poor track record with Nintendo support

•The questionable quality of Rabbids games in general

•The hit-or-miss quality of non-Nintendo Mario games

•An apparent focus on irreverent, pop-culture humor

•Seriously. The memes are gonna make this game so dated it's not even funny. We have a DABBING. DK. RABBID. And Princess Rabbid takes a selfie with it as it dies.

Camjo-Z

People who think the Rabbids are nothing but trash should check out Rabbids Go Home. They're surprisingly likeable (dare I say... funny!?) characters when put in a good game instead of low-effort minigame collections.

Oh I just realized rabbits aren't new to the Mario series and there a lot of allusion to Alice in Wonderland too. Maybe we might see settings that are similarly to that.

I'm happy to live in a world where not everyone judges things where they barely know anything about. Wait a moment…

No, seriously. Don't judge the game so soon. You say "This is trash" as if you already knew everything about the game. If, after they showed a lot more after the game, it still doesn't appeal to you then that's fine. But right now it's way too early for reactions like yours.

For what it's worth, I mainly hear positive things about the game from people involved with it. I'm quite excited to be honest.

Ubisoft is a developer that has used up all of my good will. They get zero benefit of the doubt from me.

They have lost, and not earned back my optimism. Now, I hit the brakes at the first whiff of fuckery.

I will gladly eat crow if this turns out to be cool, but right now it looks, and sound like garbage.

Top Bottom