• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Voice Actor is stepping down as voice actor to become NIntendo Ambassador

Draugoth

Gold Member
Charles Martinet will no longer be voicing Mario in games going forward, Nintendo has announced.Martinet will instead be taking on the new role of 'Mario Ambassador'.

F4D2DYsWIAE9HYP

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Aw man, this is really sad, marios (and other voices charles does) are iconic. I hope the new VA is good but Im definitely worried.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
you guys think that he should be replaced with another VA or should an AI trained on all the previous Mario voice clips replace him?

Codes 208

Damn, end of an era. Not a lot of characters have had the same VA stretching out as long as mario did, hell in the same time span sonic has had what, four VA’s?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Aw man. What a legend. 🫡

Nintendo Brand ambassador. I think that would be a fun job. I will miss all his Wahoos.
Yea, I thought the same as well. I wonder how busy they keep him and how well it pays. You're like a traveling mascot, basically.

Makes me wonder about the Hello Kitty in Japan. That's gotta be a part-time gig and there has to be multiple performers, must pay pretty alright.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Total end of an era. Charles has always felt like a good and genuine guy, especially the interactions people have had with him. Wish him all the best.

Not sure who gonna fill those shoes, but those are some hard shoes to fill.

Maestr0

Holy crap !

The beginning of the message scared the crap out of me, I thought he died. At least make a real picture with him being the mario ambassador, not a single message that looks like a death notice

Charles Martinet will no longer be voicing Mario in games going forward, Nintendo has announced.Martinet will instead be taking on the new role of 'Mario Ambassador'.

F4D2DYsWIAE9HYP

“Stepping down” implies he is voluntarily not doing it anymore. The actual language reads more like he’s been replaced and they’re giving him something else to do. They just don’t wanna say who’s voicing these characters going forward.

And who’s voicing Mario in Wonder? I’m guessing it’s the new guy

Jinzo Prime

I watched a video when Mario Wonder trailer dropped with someone basically saying ‘this doesn’t sound like the usual VO’. Guess they were right.

Not many people can claim to be the most iconic video game character voice of all time. GG.

I don't think Arlo was the first to call it, but he seemed very convinced, but I just handwaved it away at the time. Guess he was right, but this is really sad.

alf717

I remembering getting a phone call with his voice letting me know my copy of Mario Galaxy was ready for pickup. What a legend. His VA as Mario will be missed going forward.

poodaddy

I hope this happened in good faith. "Don't worry he's an ambassador now" sounds like some sort of window tribe deal, ngl.

But then again, he's in retirement age. Will be missed!
Window tribe deal? I have no clue what this means, I feel out of the loop lol.

Esca

Met him at a couple of cons. Super nice guy. You can tell he loves being Mario and making people happy

Top Bottom