• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCEU >>>> MCU
The Day the Clown Cried >>> MCU
Thor 2 = Iron Man 2 > Cap 2
Ultron > every marvel supervillain
"I want my bird" is the most iconic line in film history.

There, that should get us to a new OT in a few days.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Right on time for Infinity War.

Part II.

Speaking of...

New York casting call for Marvel feature film ‘Infinity War’

The Marvel Studios superhero films “Infinity War” and it’s “Untitled Avengers Movie” sequel will be filming in New York City beginning in May, 2017. The producers are currently hiring talent to appear in the film as fully paid background performers. The current specific casting needs are posted below. All talent must have legal eligibility to work in the entertainment industry in New York. Both “Infinity War” and it’s “Untitled Avengers Movie” sequel are being filmed concurrently at the same time. Note: Both films are using the working title of “Mary Lou”.

Starring in “Avengers: Infinity War” is BAFTA Award nominee Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin as Thanos, Saturn Award Winner Chris Pratt as Star Lord / Peter Quill, Teen Choice Awards nominee Sebastian Stan as Bucky, four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Academy Award nominee Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Academy Award winner Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, ALMA Award winner Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Empire Award winner Karen Gillan as Nebula, two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye, two-time Saturn Award nominee Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, BAFTA Awards nominee Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet, four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Vin Diesel as Groot, Academy Award nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man, British Independent Film Awards nominee Benedict Wong as Wong, Action on Film Award winner Dave Bautista as Drax, BAFTA Film Award nominee Paul Bettany as Vision, Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award winner Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, three-time Academy Award nominee Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / The Hulk, two-time Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man, and Pom Klementieff as Mantis.

That is one big ass cast.

curb

Banned
Every time there's a casting news story and Brie Larson is mentioned, I'm reminded of how much I hope she gets introduced in Infinity War.

El Topo

Every time there's a casting news story and Brie Larson is mentioned, I'm reminded of how much I hope she gets introduced in Infinity War.

We'll see. I don't know how much time they can spend on that in a movie with a gazillion characters.
Still waiting for news on her movie. Don't think we've gotten any new rumor or tidbit in quite some time.

curb

Banned
We'll see. I don't know how much time they can spend on that in a movie with a gazillion characters.
Still waiting for news on her movie. Don't think we've gotten any new rumor or tidbit in quite some time.

The hope that I have has no grounding in reality. If she does show up, I know it can't be in any substantial capacity. I'd be happy with her showing up in a scene or two.

So, the Punisher pic I posted reminded me, The Defenders has wrapped production and The Punisher is still undergoing it, meaning we're going to get the Defenders first and have The Punisher be Phase 2 of the MTVU. We know Daredevil is likely going to be Spring 2018, JJ s2 to follow that, with Luke Cage S2 to likely follow that. All that's left is which series are going to come first.

Skab

Forgive me if its been mentioned on one of the recent pages, but are there any rumblings of when a Thor 3 trailer is going to be dropping?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Did I see we're getting a spider-man trailer tomorrow?

Possibly but no confirmation.

Other news:

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is in The Punisher.

C6ulQt3V4AA88XM.jpg

https://twitter.com/NetflixMarvelTH...ry-elizabeth-mastrantonio-joins-the-punisher/

Bronx-Man

Banned
There is just one problem with your logic : Peter does not have spare time
Then that teaser poster is a lie

Star Wars is definitely doing it a lot better than Marvel seems to have any desire to do...but they still are a far cry from what anyone wants. It isn't like any major characters from their shows are actually going to show up as major characters in the movies. Cameos like that or completely re-written so they're almost unrecognizable (like Saw Gerrera) are the best they're going to ever do. You'll never see an Ahsoka or Admiral Thrawn in the movies.
I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Cad Bane in the Han Solo movie.

I'd bet on it getting released online Tuesday.

TDLink

Forgive me if its been mentioned on one of the recent pages, but are there any rumblings of when a Thor 3 trailer is going to be dropping?

Not until after GOTG2 I would imagine

It'll be attached to Guardians for sure. So likely towards the end of April.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Cad Bane in the Han Solo movie.

I don't see why. I mean he might be in that movie, but there's no indication at all he will be. And since he originated in the show I doubt they'd put him in apart from some sort of minor cameo. If they're going to focus on any bounty hunters they'll likely use movie-established characters like Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, etc.

Isn't GITS the next major Disney-umbrella release? If not that, I'd imagine it could be attached to Guardians, Pirates, or Wonder Woman.

Disney dropped GITS a long time ago. Paramount is releasing it. The next Disney distributed film is Guardians 2.

Is Spider-Man going to introduce Damage Control?

Fourteen previous Marvel films have seen a number of huge superhero battles leave a ton of destruction in their wake, and Adrian Toomes (Keaton) is a blue-collar sort who runs a New York salvaging company that cleans up after these messes. However, he becomes irked when after one altercation, a new government organization, founded by A-list businessman Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), steps in to take over.

Sneak peek: Michael Keaton a flying fiend as everyman 'Spider-Man' villain

mdSiiaY.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...is-vulture-in-spider-man-homecoming/99534662/

SpaceWolf

Banned
Fourteen previous Marvel films have seen a number of huge superhero battles leave a ton of destruction in their wake, and Adrian Toomes (Keaton) is a blue-collar sort who runs a New York salvaging company that cleans up after these messes. However, he becomes irked when after one altercation, a new government organization, founded by A-list businessman Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) steps in to take over.

9e7bd140c9f09a6eebc004289e614d3d.gif

All right, well...

Looking forward to the sequel where Mysterio is revealed to be an ex-Stark Industries employee harboring a grudge and Felicia Hardy turns out to be Tony Stark's niece or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom